What's new

BIMARU Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing needed , Candle light dinner with Idli , sambar and Dosa :lol::lol::lol:

udupifood.gif

Here's a better analogy:D
mb+three.jpg
KHANA ! ! KHANA ! ! ! KHHAAAAAAAANAAAAAAA ! ! ! :woot::woot::woot::man_in_love::man_in_love::man_in_love:

@levina a picture for you :D
10157149_561303070654742_7701721192480823793_n.jpg

Last edited:
@ExtraOdinary

How is Chennai bro? How is the city in terms of living conditions, the culture, the people etc.

:)

Have visited Bangalore and Hyderabad but never felt like an alien in those cities :p:. Was a bit of a cultural shock for me when I arrived here around a year back, food+climate+language barriers. But got used to it now. I communicate with people in broken English, they understand me. The weather is killing me though these days. Recently shifted to a fairly decent neighborhood in a place called Adyar. I was thinking of buying a bike but doesnt make sense since I don't plan to stay here long, hopefully they'll transfer me to Bangalore.

Only good thing about Chennai is of course lesser expenses and cheaper movie tickets.Besides you have Mahabalipuram around an hour's distance from the city where you can chill out on weekends, sort of a mini goa, beach sand and beer. Pondicherry is also close by, you get cheap liquor there.

Where do you stay in New Zealand? Damn I have to make a trip, am a big LOTR fanatic 8-)

Have visited Bangalore and Hyderabad but never felt like an alien in those cities :p:. Was a bit of a cultural shock for me when I arrived here around a year back, food+climate+language barriers. But got used to it now. I communicate with people in broken English, they understand me. The weather is killing me though these days. Recently shifted to a fairly decent neighborhood in a place called Adyar. I was thinking of buying a bike but doesnt make sense since I don't plan to stay here long, hopefully they'll transfer me to Bangalore.

Only good thing about Chennai is of course lesser expenses and cheaper movie tickets.Besides you have Mahabalipuram around an hour's distance from the city where you can chill out on weekends, sort of a mini goa, beach sand and beer. Pondicherry is also close by, you get cheap liquor there.

Where do you stay in New Zealand? Damn I have to make a trip, am a big LOTR fanatic 8-)

Hamilton. It's in the North Island.

I recommend you visit New Zealand.

Have you been to Kerala? What's your opinion of my home state ( I know it's going to be negative, but still.)

@ExtraOdinary Bangalore and Hyderabad still has a lot of Hindi speakers, and yes, the city does do a good job of accommodating outsiders.

There recently has been a massive influx of immigrants from the North to the South.

I do wonder how the natives see this flow of people. :)

Last edited:
Hamilton. It's in the North Island.

I recommend you visit New Zealand.

Have you been to Kerala? What's your opinion of my home state ( I know it's going to be negative, but still.)
Have'nt been to Kerala, seen and heard a lot about it though on TV of course. I'll probably make a trip to the backwaters before leaving Chennai for good. Have a lot of friends from that part, Mallus are cool to hang out with, and they drink like hell :police:.

Have'nt been to Kerala, seen and heard a lot about it though on TV of course. I'll probably make a trip to the backwaters before leaving Chennai for good. Have a lot of friends from that part, Mallus are cool to hang out with, and they drink like hell :police:.

The only reason I am sober is because my Drinking buddy is home for Easter holidays.

I wouldn't be sober otherwise. Need that Beer on the weekends.

Bangalore and Hyderabad still has a lot of Hindi speakers, and yes, the city does do a good job of accommodating outsiders.

There recently has been a massive influx of immigrants from the North to the South.

I do wonder how the natives see this flow of people. :)

That's true, we hardly have opportunities in the private sector up North, except in and around Delhi, South is the economic powerhouse of this country :cheers:.

I don't know how locals perceive us. My grand dad was in ONGC and he was posted in Chennai around 20-25 years ago and he warned me there were prejudices against people from the North, but so far I have'nt experienced any. Honestly it's good people are interacting more, gets rid of stereotypes. A typical hillbilly from the North has a tendency to group all South Indians as "Madrasis" :rofl: , no wonder people will be pissed.

@Indischer delete your post from General Elections thread. He has signed up for PDF account, but hasn't started posting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom