What's new

Big news’ expected as Pakistan sets stage for mega offshore oil, gas exploration

Discovered from karachi coast and will be looted by whole Pakistan and in the end Karachi gets nothing. But still Karachi subka sirf Karachi walo ka nhi.

Its the Indus basin... Which extends to Balochistan and India. Not really a little pothole off the coast of Karachi. Relax.

Learn some oil & gas geology 101.

lols yeh man! vote for altaf so he can loot khi ohh wait khi is part of sindh so lets vote for ppp so they can rape sindh and karachi!

khi aur sindh seh sab baray dushman mqm aur sindh seh ppp hai!
Mqm and PPP were once was just like pawns as what Pti is today. Itne saalun se loot rhy thy aur hamary idarun ko aaj khiyal aya. Why?
You have issues which need fixation.
Altaf hussein juice?
:bad: You really have some weird imagination. How you know if their is anything like this even exist, may be you had it on multiple occasions.
Stop confusing old Pakistan with new Pakistan.
:lol: WTF is new Pakistan

Its the Indus basin... Which extends to Balochistan and India. Not really a little pothole off the coast of Karachi. Relax.

Learn some oil & gas geology 101.
Cr@p, You really don't know the meaning of boundaries, have some geography first.

Last edited:
Just speculation.No discovery yet .Caretaker govt minister Mr Abdullah Haroon talked about this firstly.
There is a 70% chance as per the soil samples tested..

Exxon is here for a reason..

230 km from karachi is not karachi .. Its deep sea
Why bringing Karachi Lahore? It's a discovery from Pakistan and will benefit the whole Pakistan in shaa Allah..

Being a Karachiitte, I would love to see the first fruits in Baluchistan..

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable that an American company is overseeing an important natural resource at a time of economic crisis in the country? I mean all it would take is an 'accident' leading to millions of barrels of lost oil, and we would find ourselves on an international court where our record of winning is less than stellar. I feel decidedly uncomfortable with American involvement.

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable that an American company is overseeing an important natural resource at a time of economic crisis in the country? I mean all it would take is an 'accident' leading to millions of barrels of lost oil, and we would find ourselves on an international court where our record of winning is less than stellar. I feel decidedly uncomfortable with American involvement.
Only they have the technology to dig deeper than 5 kilometers not even China or Europe.. so there is no other choice..

And they will take a lot of share.. I don't know the details of what they have agreed with the government in terms of their share if they find something..

It might be over 50% to them.. and we can't do anything about it..

Showing just how paindu you are.... If there is an "accident" the organization that will be in biggest trouble will be the American organization.

Showing just how paindu you are.... If there is an "accident" the organization that will be in biggest trouble will be the American organization.

Get back to reality and look at our history of international arbitration cases.

Discovered from karachi coast and will be looted by whole Pakistan and in the end Karachi gets nothing. But still Karachi subka sirf Karachi walo ka nhi.
Firstly i am grateful to almighty allah that neither me nor any of my family members have this kind of mentality.
Secondly...
Check the statistics karachi comprises of mohajareen from india of different ethnicities including my forefathers (and for the record, there are no longer mohajirs in pak) plus pathans plus punjabis plus sindhis and balochi ppl. So when u say karachiites then u statistically talk of all pakistan.
Secondly i moved to lahore in 2004 and can tell u from personal experience of living in interior sindh for 16 yrs, karachi for over a decade and lahore afterward with monthly or max quarterly trips back to my beloved city since moving.... Trust me through 2 different political parties in power, lahore has been revamped like crazy seriously. Whereas my karachi is being ruled by same ppp and mqm since i was born and they have done nothing but plundered karachi. Looted and ate it.
U can debate that federal budget was not made available for karachi by pmln government but what about ppp government over 2 decades esp the one that lasted for 5 yrs and did not do anything regarding water, sanitation or even garbage collection. Firget roads, park and transportation.
Long story short since 1990... Ppp led government was in center for almost a decade and if u count in musharaf Era as he was from karachi then its an even rule. So we have no one to blame but ourselves and representatives we elected at our own will.
Karachis main problem is not government... its the corrupt local and provincial government who have unsatiable thirst for money. We elect the same ifiots and money lovers over and over and over. Ppl still vote the same ppl in power just bcoz of brainwashed ethnic divisions between urdu speaking and sindhi speaking pakistanis. On the other hand in lahoris will kick u out if u dont work e.g. Khuwaja saad rafique won inspite of bad reputation as over 5 yrs he had gradually turned all streets in his locality into cemented streets. Same goes for majority of other ppl elected.
Hence plz bfore ppl start pointing fingers at punjabis please look within. They have developed 2/3 cities over 1.5 to 2 decades. We have just plundeted, looted, bhattafy and killed karachi.

Firstly i am grateful to almighty allah that neither me nor any of my family members have this kind of mentality.
Secondly...
Check the statistics karachi comprises of mohajareen from india of different ethnicities including my forefathers (and for the record, there are no longer mohajirs in pak) plus pathans plus punjabis plus sindhis and balochi ppl. So when u say karachiites then u statistically talk of all pakistan.
Secondly i moved to lahore in 2004 and can tell u from personal experience of living in interior sindh for 16 yrs, karachi for over a decade and lahore afterward with monthly or max quarterly trips back to my beloved city since moving.... Trust me through 2 different political parties in power, lahore has been revamped like crazy seriously. Whereas my karachi is being ruled by same ppp and mqm since i was born and they have done nothing but plundered karachi. Looted and ate it.
U can debate that federal budget was not made available for karachi by pmln government but what about ppp government over 2 decades esp the one that lasted for 5 yrs and did not do anything regarding water, sanitation or even garbage collection. Firget roads, park and transportation.
Long story short since 1990... Ppp led government was in center for almost a decade and if u count in musharaf Era as he was from karachi then its an even rule. So we have no one to blame but ourselves and representatives we elected at our own will.
Karachis main problem is not government... its the corrupt local and provincial government who have unsatiable thirst for money. We elect the same ifiots and money lovers over and over and over. Ppl still vote the same ppl in power just bcoz of brainwashed ethnic divisions between urdu speaking and sindhi speaking pakistanis. On the other hand in lahoris will kick u out if u dont work e.g. Khuwaja saad rafique won inspite of bad reputation as over 5 yrs he had gradually turned all streets in his locality into cemented streets. Same goes for majority of other ppl elected.
Hence plz bfore ppl start pointing fingers at punjabis please look within. They have developed 2/3 cities over 1.5 to 2 decades. We have just plundeted, looted, bhattafy and killed karachi.
Man, After reading your post i conclude that you really seems to hate your life. You seems to be the guy that once supported ppp and mqm with core of your heart and today you are complaining as hell. I have always maintained a view against ppp and mqm due to their actions in Karachi but even today the economical hub of the country is suffering from severe shortages of basic necessities that is due right of every citizen to have. I don't have time to go in detail but if you are a karachi'ite , i expect that you do know it well.

Man, After reading your post i conclude that you really seems to hate your life. You seems to be the guy that once supported ppp and mqm with core of your heart and today you are complaining as hell. I have always maintained a view against ppp and mqm due to their actions in Karachi but even today the economical hub of the country is suffering from severe shortages of basic necessities that is due right of every citizen to have. I don't have time to go in detail but if you are a karachi'ite , i expect that you do know it well.
Lolz thats absurd analysis.. I never supported nor i hate these parties .
Secondly i hope u read my post. Karachi is in need of basic amenities coz of failure of the elected representatives.. Punjabis did not come and held their hands or with hold their provincial funds or annual funds given to each province. Moreover each provincial government can borrow ir enter a BOT project. Nothing such was done. Sindh in general and Karachi in particular was plundered, looted and funds transferred abroad. One example..
2 or 3 billion were spent in nawab shah durung zardari rule... All on improving water and sanitation. And its the same afterwards tht expenditure. [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Cr@p, You really don't know the meaning of boundaries, have some geography first.
So what is the boundary for this wild cat then? Is it exclusively offsetting Karachi?

How can you define the boundaries if they haven't yet conducted a well test and collected enough transient and pseudo-steady state data yet? Can you explain that to me?

Why bringing Karachi Lahore? It's a discovery from Pakistan and will benefit the whole Pakistan in shaa Allah..

Being a Karachiitte, I would love to see the first fruits in Baluchistan..
Bhai phir mere bhi Ferrari hogi russian bachiyan hongi hayee hayee hayee

No doubt prospects are very high.Myself worked in OGDCL for few years So I have little bit understanding too.But question is Why EXXON is here ?? Means some thing really big:agree:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supply vessels designed for deep-sea oil, gas exploration reach Karachi
By
Staff Report
-
December 30, 2018
rig_on_ship.jpg

KARACHI: Supply vessels designed for exploration of oil and gas in deep-sea arrived at Karachi on Saturday.

“Supply ships transporting equipment to “Mother of All Rigs” docked 230 km off the Karachi coast for exploration of oil and gas arrived at KPT (Karachi Port Trust),” tweeted Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Haider Zaidi.

“Best of luck to ExxonMobil and ENI when they start drilling. Let us all pray for a global discovery. From the looks of it, big news Inshallah.”

The oil and gas giant Exxon Mobil resumed operations in Pakistan in November this year after a hiatus of 27 years.

Exxon Mobil’s LNG Market Development Chairperson Emma Cochrane held a meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan on November 28 over the project.

Back
Top Bottom