What's new

Bharat Forge Ultra Light Howitzer Ready By July, etc.

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

Baba mentions ATAGS, engine development, and mentions ULH being prototyping done by July. Completely out of titanium.

Bharat Forge prototyped and trialed ATAGS with DRDO in record time. TATA Power SED is also involved, this wasn't mentioned.

Mentions starting the foundation work for engine development. Will produce small UAV engine, helicopter engine. They are using retired members from DRDO labs, etc.

Mentions, initially, they had to test their barrels in the US, instead of domestic facilities. <-- Hilarious, btw, another example of how India makes things harder on itself. We should make a list.

C3EVAcnWgAA5BQf.jpg

ggALL8U.jpg

DRDO ATAGS, Bharat Forge variant, there is also a TATA variant.

57iVO5s.jpg

Bharat Forge ULH

Last edited:
Few billions of taxe money going to stay in India itself with this ulh

Few billions of taxe money going to stay in India itself with this ulh

Plus, cultivating, retaining future talent within India. These new firms coming into this sector also gives these minds more alternatives, other than the PSUs.

Oh look, the guy that takes risks has to fly out his barrels to the US testing facility, couldn't use local PSU ones. Yet, the ones that get automatic orders since independence gets automatic slot into the FICV program without competition. Lmao, only India.

Last edited:
Plus, cultivating, retaining future talent within India. These new firms coming in to this sector also gives these minds more alternatives, other than the PSUs.

Oh look, the guy that takes risks has to fly out his barrels to the US, couldnt use local PSU ones. Yet, the ones that get automatic orders since independence gets automatic slot into the FICV program without competition. Lmao, only India.
I heard that there are a lot of defence secretaries in MOD against private industry participation and support PSU's!!
What do they get from that?
If they support private industry they might get some kickbacks but psu's!!
I'm confused!?
They must be overtly patriotic!lol

I heard that there are a lot of defence secretaries in MOD against private industry participation and support PSU's!!
What do they get from that?
If they support private industry they might get some kickbacks but psu's!!
I'm confused!?
They must be overtly patriotic!lol

Yes, I've heard the same thing. A lot of old school bureaucrats are against making a level playing field for the private sector players.

There is a mindset that is prevalent even today that PSUs can compromise national security, BF was allowed to make bomb casings but not fill gun powder in it. That's the level of trust they have.

The other reason is the old nexus between Govt organisations. Govt support govt orgs.

Excellent development, howitzers are very important and destructive in the battlefield.
I think this will compliment the Indian field gun.
What about the ammunitions, do we have base bleed munitions for such guns?

Can't they be fired?

Problem in handling these folks is what national secrets and classified info they could potentially leak if they get disgruntled.

Its something of a rock and a hard place for BJP (the reform minded portion of them at least)...they are forced to massage this sector over time rather than do the slash, burn and replace strategy.

Plus, cultivating, retaining future talent within India. These new firms coming into this sector also gives these minds more alternatives, other than the PSUs.

Oh look, the guy that takes risks has to fly out his barrels to the US testing facility, couldn't use local PSU ones. Yet, the ones that get automatic orders since independence gets automatic slot into the FICV program without competition. Lmao, only India.

But the new DPP has addressed the issue right? you can test it out in India by paying something

http://defenceaviationpost.com/new-...urers-get-access-domestic-testing-facilities/

Back
Top Bottom