What's new

Bharat Forge has built its own 155 mm/52 calibre gun

I talked to Devesh Dwivedi, COO Analogic Controls India (Sister concern of Bharat Forge). I asked him about Gun and how they tested it. He told they have been taking gun to South Africa. He was not happy with current state of affairs. It was a long chat.

He gave me his card. May be I would get in touch with him later to get more information. It was nice talking to him.

I also talked to Design engineer of Kalayani group a sister concern of bharat forge. They said they are not allowed to fire rounds in India to test it. Most probably they will give it to army and army will simply seek out an excuse to reject it.

I also talked to Design engineer of Kalayani group a sister concern of bharat forge. They said they are not allowed to fire rounds in India to test it. Most probably they will give it to army and army will simply seek out an excuse to reject it.
They are actually asking for permission from Govt to test it or give a demo to Army

Reading this it makes me think that India really needs an existential threat for it to get its act together. I hope this shit changes with the new government.

This gun will not be inducted by Indian Army since 'Dhanush' is available now. DRDO has started working on ATAGS and most probably Kalyani group will also be given some crucial tasks.

This gun will not be inducted by Indian Army since 'Dhanush' is available now. DRDO has started working on ATAGS and most probably Kalyani group will also be given some crucial tasks.
not most probably. They have been already given

This gun was made in just 1.5 years.

Cause it's an upgraded Austrian gun.. And yes it's still not ready .. But it's kinda good.. Pak private companies should also be given such chances .. India is doing a good job by giving private companies a chance ..

Reading this it makes me think that India really needs an existential threat for it to get its act together. I hope this shit changes with the new government.

How is that even possible. I mean if it's their product they should be allowed to test it. Is there a regulation thats stopping them??

How is that even possible. I mean if it's their product they should be allowed to test it. Is there a regulation thats stopping them??

I am guessing since there was never a private industry to manufacture weapons. There were never a need for such development. The whole privatization which is pretty new for India, brings in a new case where the government can't just give out approval to any and all companies to conduct trials of such weapons, which are much more destructive than say an assault rifle (which there is no private company that makes one). Then there is the case of what will happen if the weapons get into the wrong hand. So I can understand the regulation.

I am guessing since there was never a private industry to manufacture weapons. There were never a need for such development. The whole privatization which is pretty new for India, brings in a new case where the government can't just give out approval to any and all companies to conduct trials of such weapons, which are much more destructive than say an assault rifle (which there is no private company that makes one). Then there is the case of what will happen if the weapons get into the wrong hand. So I can understand the regulation.
Sounds a little funny to me, maybe there are other issues that are stopping them like not being able to reserve an army test firing range or lack of ammunition to test it.
Anyways the good part is that, in 2 years Kalyani group has gone from buying the entire assembly line to making the gun and testing it. Its impressive. It shows the speed with with the Indian private companies are ready to absorb technologies.

Cause it's an upgraded Austrian gun.. And yes it's still not ready .. But it's kinda good.. Pak private companies should also be given such chances .. India is doing a good job by giving private companies a chance ..
What chance? Pvt company bought technology. Govt does not even let them use test range. At least Indian army should be encouraging such developments. They seem to be not doing that

Back
Top Bottom