What's new

Bharat Forge-Elbit JV to focus on gun, vehicle programmes

So how is this actually a JV? its just a foriegn towed gun mated with an indian made truck!?

It's not that easy, we have the ToT of Bofors guns available since years and needed that long to build a comparable gun, which still needs to show that the performance is good enough too. That however is still not comparable to modern western howitzers and we will need a long time to get there. 

But the market is available now, when we buy all these 1000s planned howitzers, the market will be filled for the next decade at least, don't you think?

i am 100 percent sure if tatas or l and t are given this job they will do it

plan---divide drdo labs into different categories and disinvest them and sell them to the highest bidder,,,,not all but 30-35% stake in each unit,rest will be govt stake.

u may think it a bad idea but mark my words sooner rather than later this will be done and the sooner ,the better.

ofb is a super lazy organisation and we need to privatise it too to galvanise it too

because if we don't manufacture anything in this procurement cycle then we will be 20 years behind at least as no orders will be there for 2 decades atleast.

so its time to take ha
So how is this actually a JV? its just a foriegn towed gun mated with an indian made truck!?

that was what i was trying to explain

Its JV bcoz Bharat Forge is the owner of the Gun(it acquired a swiz company) n Elbit is helping it to further improve the gun.:)

The competition require foreign vendors to team up with Indian counterparts, either for the licence production or customization of their products. The gun can be foreign, produced in India under ToT, while the plattforms and other systems can be developed in India too, see TATAs offer for example.

Its JV bcoz Bharat Forge is the owner of the Gun(it acquired a swiz company) n Elbit is helping it to further improve the gun.:)

You are mixing things here buddy, they have bought the Swiss company for towed howitzers, this JV however is with Elbit, for an Israeli self propelled howitzer.

thats the problem

in my opinion its better for us to get a totally indigenous gun(albeit inferior one) than these.we have to take that first step someday,why not now??

all these jv are not as rosy as they look and we gain no real tech

You know our Army. They dont like that word 'inferior'

Back
Top Bottom