What's new

Best BVR Capable Fighter in South Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
if radar detection range is greator in one fighter to the other but with less ranged and less capable BVRAAM is not an invincible fighter detection range 150 km n bvr range 100km while the other fighter which hav detection range of 140 km and missile range is 120 km which one is best during the fight both jets gona fly into eachother

Well , No Idea But If a 150 Km range Radar is fixed with Novator Missile with 200km range then I would Consider the enemy dead....

you would need to detect someone to kill them, take a JF-17 with awacs support.

If it switches it's radar off, it's RCS is reduced even further, so by the time you detect the plane you will be closer then 200km.

This scenario can be set with SU-30 or MIG-29 too.

To make it short and not go too OT than already...

People who know about the thing have no doubts, but those who are not familiar with the stuff or what's being talked about have doubts.

And its a general thing, people need an official statement for proof, they may not rely on someone who says he has inside information, but people who may know the inside stuff through some other sources, don't need official proof, and then there are some who believe the source due to its reputation/respect/seniority and credibility, even though they don't need official sources for believing what is told by the source with inside information.
Fair enough, so that is the case for you, but that doesn't mean everybody have to believe you as you said earlier right?
It's not that I don't believe you in generall, but I don't have insight sources and if even many Pakistanis have doubts about it, I also remain the same. Especially if the claimed things will not work with simple logic as I pointed out earlier and the recent order of even more SD 10 only backs my points.

So far it is a fact that there is no proof that this missile is available, or integrated (test fired, not only a mock up on a fighter on the ground) on any PAF fighter and as far as this doesn't change I will remain doubtful.

But back to topic again!

Well the Pakistani AWACs / AEWCs it bought from Swedish and Chinese have much greater range and canvas than any Indians have got.

Can you prove it with any reliable data ??

Can you prove it with any reliable data ??

Indian, Israeli Phalcon AWACS fitted on board Russian-supplied IL 76 aircraft, the AWACS has a range of around 400 km or more. ..:: India Strategic ::. IAF: India developing AWACS

While on order Indian AEWs fitted on smaller Embraer 145 aircraft should also be with IAF by end of 2014 has considerable less range.

On the other hand:

Pakistan has 4 SAAB ERIEYE + 4 ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle

Saab 2000 AEW’s radar capabilities: “The Ericsson PS-890 Erieye radar uses an active array with 200 solid state modules. The range of the S-band, 3 GHz, and side looking radar is 300+ km. The 1,985-lb (900-kg) dorsal antenna is housed in a 29-ft 6.3-in (9-m) long box radome mounted atop the fuselage. Utilizing adaptive side lobe suppression, the look angle on each side is about 160 degrees. From its standard operational altitude of 6000 metres (19,685 feet, or FL200) the radar has a maximum range of 450 km (279 miles).

Seaborne targets can be detected at 320 km (198 miles), though this is a function of the aircraft’s cruising height. The electronically scanned antenna can scan sectors of interest frequently while others are monitored, and a single sector can be scanned in different modes at the same time.”

The 4 ZDK-03 AEW&C Karakoram Eagle provides 360º radar rodome coverage with Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar well over 400km.

While Indian only has 3 Phalcon AWACS, Pakistan has nearly 7+ operational AWACS + AEWs, Pakistan wins hands down in numbers and operational range !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom