What's new

Best Biryani in KARACHI?! & Horse Riding on Pakistani Beach

I've been to Karachi FOUR TIMES NOW, and I still haven't found the perfect biryani! Maybe that will finally change in this video? On this trip, I got a chance to experience a side of Karachi I'd never seen before. Going horse riding on the beach at sunset, walking into abandoned buildings along MA Jinnah Road and encountering a few surprises along the way.
Try food center and then let us know.. After that I will try it again after maybe 10 years..

I will still favor the student Biryani, Karachi Biryani is not consistent in it's taste , Kolachi at Du darya some times offer best food, salt N paper village offer good food, their fried batair is the best, Usmania is best for roasted lamb leg and pomfret , for mehari Zahid is good, and please don't wonder in the abandoned buildings at MA jinah road ,specialy seabreeze plaza they are long declared dangerous for living,

So what's the status of Do Darya? Has it been cleaned up and gone? The last time I was there (late 2013), the place was really beautiful. Great restaurants right on the Arabia Sea, with moon reflecting on the water, very few boats to take away from the serenity, and of course the unparalleled Pakistani food.

But Salt n Pepper, restaurant with its buffet price tag seemed too pricey for a poor country. I refused the entrance to that--I could easily afford it but decided, on principle, I wouldn't pay the price. $11-13 USD is my max limit for buffets in America--paying the same in Pakistan?! No. Do Darya had many other options.

So what's the status of Do Darya? Has it been cleaned up and gone? The last time I was there (late 2013), the place was really beautiful. Great restaurants right on the Arabia Sea, with moon reflecting on the water, very few boats to take away from the serenity, and of course the unparalleled Pakistani food.

But Salt n Pepper, restaurant with its buffet price tag seemed too pricey for a poor country. I refused the entrance to that--I could easily afford it but decided, on principle, I wouldn't pay the price. $11-13 USD is my max limit for buffets in America--paying the same in Pakistan?! No. Do Darya had many other options.

Do darya is still on and getting better day by day but out of all the restaurants the main spot there is for Kolachi and Kabbajees, all the others are not upto that standard.Not to mention it was Kolachi who paved the way for the Do darya.

There is issue going between DHA and Do drya, I haven't been there since a year, but last time I was there they told me that issue is going to b solved, Because Emmar or some other middle eastern company wants to develop housing towers etc there, yes you are right Village is too expensive, but now a days its a norm here most of good resturants charge a lot, even some times piza hut and KFC is expansive here than USA, a biryani and a cold drink is about 2USD, Do drya is fantastic romantic place i wish it satys there, I have eaten one of best malllai boti there at kolachi restaurant, dough Habib is also good,

Back
Top Bottom