What's new

Bengaluru Rated Most Liveable City in India, Followed by Mumbai and Chennai

I have visited Chennai and bangalore in 90's..... Chennai used to be a the worst city those days, and bangalore the best...... but 2 decades later, Chennai is much better place where as bangalore has got screwed.......

I visited Chennai last year and found it has gone to the dogs. As usual a lot of unplanned growth has been allowed, my street which had a lot of trees is completely bald now, same with all streets there. Consequnelty it has become dusty and hot.

Not only the locals, but the techies from all over the country.... Govt was not prepared for the kind of growth which it achieved....

so essentially, all those dogs and criminals and that maddening traffic is because of bad city planning... the techies from outside only come and live, it was up to the local authorities and government agencies to have done some good job, which they didn't.

for example, the metro rail station at mg road doesn't have toilets !!!

What should we do why are you sharing this with us here ....................We dont care about your India and its cities ....

Nobody ashes you to comment or open this thread

Karachi and Lahore are very much like any Indian city but Islamabad is actually a very pretty city.. Like i mentioned earlier probably one of the best in the region.. You'd be surprised and it's my neutral point of view having traveled there albeit for a very short time

You called my beloved Lahore - the city of my dreams, the throne of my Empire and the love of my life, as 'very much like any Indian city' ? :mad:

It is unique and one of a kind. It is Juliet to every Romeo ! :kiss3:

I visited Chennai last year and found it has gone to the dogs. As usual a lot of unplanned growth has been allowed, my street which had a lot of trees is completely bald now, same with all streets there. Consequnelty it has become dusty and hot.
Are you from Chennai ? I thought you were from Kerala.

How can locals spoil their own city?

I will not name people of any state. That will lead to mud slinging contest

by not constructing good colonies, by allowing dogs to take over bangalore, by harassing outsiders in the name of "namma kannada culture", by not being accepting of cosmopolitan culture despite jumping five feet in the air whenever someone praises bangalore.

The best City to live in, in India, had to be a place where @mujahidind lives, the lad is a gas :)

You called my beloved Lahore - the city of my dreams, the throne of my Empire and the love of my life, as 'very much like any Indian city' ? :mad:

It is unique and one of a kind. It is Juliet to every Romeo ! :kiss3:

Sorry brah.. But Islamabad stole my heart.. :smitten:

Sorry brah.. But Islamabad stole my heart.. :smitten:

Islamabad...really ? :unsure:

I've always found Islamabad to be dull and devoid of life; an artificial city without an organically grown character, culture or history like the rest of our cities who've been here for hundreds and some for thousands of years.

world-top-ten-largest-cities-map.jpeg

by not constructing good colonies, by allowing dogs to take over bangalore, by harassing outsiders in the name of "namma kannada culture", by not being accepting of cosmopolitan culture despite jumping five feet in the air whenever someone praises bangalore.

You probably have to blame the govt for that. Kannadiga fanatics are a minor. They are not like shivsena. Most Kannadigas including me are cosmopolitan. My own town of Mangalore has significant Gujarati & N Indian population

Islamabad...really ? :unsure:

I've always found Islamabad to be dull and devoid of life; an artificial city without an organically grown character, culture or history like the rest of our cities who've been here for hundreds and some for thousands of years.

Well yeah in that aspect i guess.. Thats because it's a new city, I was going on aesthetics and livability.. If it makes you feel better Lahore over Karachi any day.. Karachi for me is Bombay and Cairo mixed togeather.. Traveled to many places.. Karachi was the only place that i felt a wee bit unsafe.. I dunno there was some kind of underlying tension everywhere

Back
Top Bottom