What's new

Bengali Calendar was introduced by Emperor Akbar to ease tax collection

just how aurangzeb is idolised in bd and pak for obvious reasons??

Mughal rulers are not idolised in Bangladesh.Islam in our region was spread mostly by various Auliyas.If they were evil as Indians claim then why do we have Hindus going to their mazars to pay respect?Come to sylhet Bagerhat and tell the people how evil Khan Jahan Ali(15th century local ruler who spread Islam and built Shat Gombuz Mosque) was and the Hindus will beat you up!

Calendars have religions, am I missing something?, monsieurs in PDF are going wierd day by day no offense intended specifically for any members!

Happy new years btw

Welcome to the Bangladeshi section of PDF.You'll find unicorns,dragons and RAW agents here!:D

yup,he is remembered as a great king only in india's books...perhaps due to similar ideologies..-tolerance for every religion...

Actually Akbar was the "Grand-Daddy of Secularists" and his reign in some ways was the role-model of a Secular State.
Which is why I am simply amazed at how Mian Kallu and Luffy 500 are willing now to adopt him as their ICON !!!

Actually Akbar was the "Grand-Daddy of Secularists" and his reign in some ways was the role-model of a Secular State.
Which is why I am simply amazed at how Mian Kallu and Luffy 500 are willing now to adopt him as their ICON !!!

When did I adopt him as an Icon?:cheesy: Akbar was an apostate adored by U indians for obvious reasons.

Then good for you; you will not become a munafiq or a malaun. :D
But Mian Kallu started the thread did'nt he? ;)

And U derailed the thread by bringing aurangzeb and others in it. Its about the history of bengali calendar.

Oh yes, we admire Akbar in India; as an Educated and Enlightened Muslim. Are you surprised at his qualities? :azn:

Well, good for U. U can admire anyone for all we care.

And U derailed the thread by bringing aurangzeb and others in it. Its about the history of bengali calendar.

No not at all surprised. :)

No I did not bring that Aurangzeb fellow into the thread. I don't care much about that goon who murdered his family members, imprisoned his father and then usurped the throne. Read the thread and see who brought up that guy!

Good that you are not surprised that Akbar was an educated and enlightened Muslim; his family upbringing was exemplary. And his outlook was exceptionally broad.

I agree Awami League is trying to sell it as Hindu culture and mixing this Bengali calendar and Poela Baishakh with Hindu culture.
So i was watching btv world the other day and according to the news, hasina apparently told the reporters "amader moddhe samjhota hoya dorkar" on Srilanka.
It seems like our prie minister is also victim to the doraemon craze :cheesy:

Mughal rulers are not idolised in Bangladesh.Islam in our region was spread mostly by various Auliyas.If they were evil as Indians claim then why do we have Hindus going to their mazars to pay respect?Come to sylhet Bagerhat and tell the people how evil Khan Jahan Ali(15th century local ruler who spread Islam and built Shat Gombuz Mosque) was and the Hindus will beat you up!

Welcome to the Bangladeshi section of PDF.You'll find unicorns,dragons and RAW agents here!:D

Don't forget about the trolls :lol:.

So i was watching btv world the other day and according to the news, hasina apparently told the reporters "amader moddhe samjhota hoya dorkar" on Srilanka.
It seems like our prie minister is also victim to the doraemon craze :cheesy:

People have been using the word "samjhota" way back before the cultural invasion began. Now that you mention it, i feel dirty for using that word in every day life and feeling urge to wash my tongue :sick:.

How does the Bengali calendar have 1420 years if Akbar was barely a four hundred years ago? Anyways, interesting fact nonetheless...

Nobody is telling here that Akbar started this calender.Its all speculation whether King Sasanka of Gaur (AD606-637) started it or it was a modification of the Hijri lunar calender.But surely this calender started/reintroduced around AD 594 either by Hussain Shah or by Akbar (on advice from Todar mal) to facilitate administration.

Land of Two Rivers: A History of Bengal from the Mahabharata to Mujib - Nitish K. Sengupta - Google Books

Din-e-elahi was definitely outside of Islam, so Akbar definitely had weird ideas.

The reason I posted this information is that many people do not know that this Bengali Calendar and Poela Baishakh is a creation of Muslim rule due to pragmatic fiscal need, and Bangladeshi's should reflect this as a Mughal Muslim legacy. Most mistake this as a Hindu festival, but it was not introduced by Hindu rulers, rather Akbar, a Mughal emperor. Despite his Din-e-elahi strange ideas, I am not sure how the Bengali calendar and Pohela Baishakh was in any way against Islam.

Complete nonsense . Akbar only used this calender to collect tax. The calender was there before.

Back
Top Bottom