Cell_DbZ

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Belgium to buy F-35s

upload_2018-10-25_15-9-32.png

F-35

13:06

The Belgian government has opted for the American F-35 fighter jet to succeed the country's fleet of F-16s.

Belgium will purchase the F-35A Lightning II produced by Lockheed Martin. The plane ended top of a competition with the Thyphoon. Belgium is buying 34 aircraft worth 3 billion euros.

The first F-35s will be delivered in 2023. The purchase of the F-35s means no orders for the European fighter jet Typhoon built by the Eurofighter consortium.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2018/10/25/belgium-to-buy-f-35s/

I think it is an obvious choice, the F-35 meets most of our requirements and there's no serious European competition, which is a shame.

Belgium to buy F-35s

View attachment 507507
F-35

I think it is an obvious choice, the F-35 meets most of our requirements and there's no serious European competition, which is a shame.

Well what Dassault offered you is much better, the thing is what is Belgium going to do with that expensive fighter. International air campagin raid will it be used, and how many did Belgium participated until now?

Well what Dassault offered you is much better,
Is it? France tried to circumvent the tender completely, if we would have accepted their offer, we could be the target of lawsuits.
If it would be the best option, surely France would have placed a offer within the tender, they still could have a special offer, like the Americans did.
Ever noticed that not one European country operates the Rafale?
, the thing is what is Belgium going to do with that expensive fighter.
Sure, it is expensive, however it was found to be cheaper than the Eurofighter, while the F-35 is the more advanced aircraft.
International air campagin raid will it be used, and how many did Belgium participated until now?
Ofcourse we are a small nation, but we almost always participated in operations with at least 4 fighters. The F-35 is the direct succesor of the F-16 and we are really happy of the performance of the F-16.

I still would have loved a European fighter, but there are just no real good European fighter and I hope that changes.

Back
Top Bottom