What's new

beijing prepaid for PRC 60'S Celebration!!great pics of beijing

URL]

URL]

Please allow me to post some Chinese. Sorry

我看见奥运的图了(奥运新闻)。对不起…… 作为中国人我也很自豪但是……真的有点窘。稍微考虑一下外国友人的感受可以么。

不太明白。。。外国友人的感受?外国友人应该也高兴啊.

Haha, hoho,.., finally "the big pants", excuse me, but THE urgliest building in the world, no, in the whole universe! :tdown:

Hope it would be teared/burnt down some day. :flame:

BTW, where is the stuff that is pointing upwards? :rofl:

Haha, hoho,.., finally "the big pants", excuse me, but THE urgliest building in the world, no, in the whole universe! :tdown:

one man's food is another man's poison.
I like the 'the big pants' very much. Even it may have some sexual implications, what's the big deal, man?

Thank you very much!

Your remark reminds me of one thing though:

The 60 years PRC had were not fully put into use for development.

The first 30 years were completely wasted by Mao's "Great Leap Forward" and "Cultural Revolution". At 1976, China's economy was at verge of total collapse.

Indians are all saying that China is ahead of India because China started reform at 1979, but India at 1991 ------ This is complete false!

It is true that CCP central committe decided to reform at 1979. But all were just on paper! ---- "1979 when CHina started reform "- what all the Western media are claiming was all on paper indeed.

China only started SEZ ( special economic zones:4 tiny coastal cities) at 80s, while ALL other places in China remained on hold until early 90s.

Remember 1989 student movement? It was mass-reaction to the corruption and inefficient state-controlled economy across China in almost entire 80s.

Precisely at 1991, the biggest city Shanghai was just given a green light to start economic reform freely. Then all the rest of China followed Shanghai thereafter. Any good economist on China issue knows that.

So put it fairly, China and India both started at about 1991!

Before 1991, it was nearly inconceivable (in fact it was aganist the law. China was "communist", remember? ) that someone owned a big or medium sized privite business in China, but only tiny small ones usually made up of several people, and a handful of ( probably 5 or 6 held by ones with vety high level CCP connections ) privately-owned medium sized companies of entire China!

Acturally, Beijing only started economic reform at late 90s, due to the fact that it is the capital city and politically ultra sensitive I am a Beijinger and I know that.

So the pictures you guys just saw - the advances of Beijing was mostly made in the last 10years or so. - in light of this, the achievement is particularly impressive.

China's laws on private ownership were only established officially a few years back.

And India, on the contrary, has had a free hand on Democracy system AND Private-owndership gueranteed by law at the very start of her independence at 40s --- On the issue of economy, India has much more time, decades in fact, and enjoyed much more systemic advantages than China. See where she has reached today?

Now we have a fair comparison!

well u seem to suggest the momentum i.e though china started in 1970s change was visible in 1990s...

going by ur logic, do u really believe india started in 1991 and we saw gud development right away... ? I remember in 1998, when our software companies were no bigger than 40-80 people as gud as internet shops !!! the real visible change only started after 2001 crisis....
Many things in a nation start much earlier than we perceive...becoz it takes time to see ground changes...

Hong Kong is arguable a very distinct place in the world. It is a Chinese city, occupied by British after defeating China, and it is now under unique “one country, two systems”. Thus, it has been insulated from Chinese Communist movement (more or less), influenced by British colonists, yet it inherits traditional Chinese culture.

I saw some HKnese who are more patriotic/nationalistic than mainlanders.

You'll see all these from the pics from Internet: HK in preparation to celebrate the anniversary of PRC.

British influence:
cd032b5f04afdaa13b4c15a4b8f7ead7.jpg

PRC: one country
d19778951f7ab29532ca4b831a7d05e7.jpg

The people and the tradition:
a5c5362cace78c6c91ec9048501225da.jpg

The people and the tradition:
d382c5bb4622c2c98dfbf6e94e96219c.jpg

Empire State Building turns red-yellow for China's 60th

(AFP) – 2 days ago

NEW YORK — New York's iconic Empire State Building will light up red and yellow Wednesday in honor of the 60th anniversary of communist China.

The Chinese consul, Peng Keyu, and other officials will take part in the lighting ceremony which will bathe the skyscraper in the colors of the People's Republic until Thursday, Empire State Building representatives said in a statement.

The upper sections of the building are regularly illuminated to mark special occasions, ranging from all blue to mark "Old Blue Eyes" Frank Sinatra's death in 1998 to green for the annual Saint Patrick's Day.

Just last week the tower turned bright red.

However, that was not to mark some other communist achievement, but the 70th anniversary of the film "The Wizard of Oz" in which Dorothy wears ruby slippers rather than the silver of the original L. Frank Baum novel.

AFP: Empire State Building turns red-yellow for China's 60th

-----------

b34247af373bac4e9ff23c754823937d.jpg

Some anti-China Americans are not happy on this. :lol:

BTW, Wednesday, Sept. 30 of NY will be Oct. 1 in China.

I hate it too, but as the main building of CCTV, i have to say it speaks for the image of the TV station pretty well - the biggest producer of big jack*ss programs in the world

I hate it too, but as the main building of CCTV, i have to say it speaks for the image of the TV station pretty well - the biggest producer of big jack*ss programs in the world

you're right, they just blew it in the parade this morning and assure you that a national TV could be perplexed on backlighting videography.:bunny:

i got one more secreat from the pics....:D

why does china has worlds biggest army?

Look at those women soldiers. Man there would be hardly any person who would not want to join the forces :smitten: beautiful

Excellent pics.

that might be the reason that big nation needs great army:smitten:

well u seem to suggest the momentum i.e though china started in 1970s change was visible in 1990s...

going by ur logic, do u really believe india started in 1991 and we saw gud development right away... ? I remember in 1998, when our software companies were no bigger than 40-80 people as gud as internet shops !!! the real visible change only started after 2001 crisis....
Many things in a nation start much earlier than we perceive...becoz it takes time to see ground changes...

please stop trolling. no one cares why you are dead poor, people only care about the facts that you are dead poor and the gap is widening.

also some free history tutorial: China didn't have a full open up reform until 1992, the best example is the Shanghai stock exchange didn't open until 1990 and private business is in general not allowed/encouraged until 1992.

we are different, because our IQ distribution is different, source provided below:
IQ and Global Inequality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we Chinese in general more honest and know how to learn from our mistakes/failures, while indians always give excuses. two examples:
we acknowledge the failure of J-9 and switched the project to a R&D project for learning purpose. while India is still wasting time and money on a 30 years long project named LCA which is of 1970s standard.
Chengdu J-9 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

please no troll. thanks.

Attention:

Some of the members are trying to derail this thread by posting useless and off topic material. Please report such posts so that we can save the thread from getting derailed.

Please only post material related to China's 60th celebrations in this thread.

Thank you!

Absolutely stunning images! I couldn't stop myself from getting amazed at the marvellous Chinese infrastructure. China is truly a nation which has struggled hard for its current achievements. Give it some more time and China would be ready to lead this world as a "Responsible" Super Power.

By the way, there's one thing that I admire the most about our Chinese friends. They believe in cleanliness like its a religion! I couldn't spot a SINGLE piece of garbage in any of the pictures posted in this thread. Well done, China! :tup:

Congratulations on your Celebrations! :china:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom