What's new

Beijing concerned over increasing cost of security of CPEC: Chinese state media

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:

The Global Times is a controversial populist tabloid that is significantly more conservative than actual government policy, or mainstream media.

Just read the thread title again, and try to understand what you just wrote. If they are the CCP's mouth piece, why are they arguing against the CCP's policy?

Can you explain your logic?
You know what's even funnier than what you just said? An Indian newspaper quoting a Chinese newspaper from the opinion section :rofl:

Last edited:
Beijing has received a note of caution about pushing its USD46 billion economic corridor to Pakistan from an unlikely source.

An article published in a Communist Party-run newspaper on Tuesday suggested to the Chinese government that it would be "unwise to put all its eggs in one basket", and that it should look more to new
markets in Southeast Asia rather than put in billions into unrest-hit Pakistan.

I have yet to see a project in the world that didn't have "concerns" associated to it. Hell, I put new grass in my front yard and I was concerned if the same bugs will attack it again and will destroy it. And I only spent $ 10K!!!! Talk about concerns :enjoy:. This is billions we are talking about.

Stuff will come up, people will sit down, solutions will be found, knowledge base will be build for the future projects, lessons will be learned, and life will move on. This is a typical life-cycle of any project and will be the case here too.

So many comments from Chinese and pakistani members but none of them have tried to prove that this news is unreal. Instead of doing that they deflect to unwanted arguments and pathetically held the 'india is jealous of CPEC', 'indian media is rubbish' stances. So this proves CPEC is not a plain landing (just without Indian interference) as claimed by the article. So much for the hurt ego for many here.

Looks like you picked up the term Bhartis from the other Pakistanis... The truth is It's not an insulting term like the shorter version of "Pakistani" is or the shorter version of "Chinese" is.

LOL

I wonder what goes through the heads of the nincompoops of PDF when they try and think of names with which to insult India and Indians.

Try harder!

I love how much weight the Indian media gives to these "opinion pieces" from the Global Times.

You can basically pick whatever "opinion piece" (out of countless others) that suits your own narrative then claim that is the Chinese government position.

Sorry, no. The official position is given by the Government itself. Certainly not by opinion pieces in the Global Times of all things.

Media's like Global times are always a mouth piece of Chinese Govt .They knows about their govt more than you .

So many comments from Chinese and pakistani members but none of them have tried to prove that this news is unreal. Instead of doing that they deflect to unwanted arguments and pathetically held the 'india is jealous of CPEC', 'indian media is rubbish' stances. So this proves CPEC is not a plain landing (just without Indian interference) as claimed by the article. So much for the hurt ego for many here.

How can its possible my friend?
Chinese are brilliant businessmen .We should appreciate their hardwork and intelligent.

https://defence.pk/threads/beijing-...cpec-chinese-state-media.449193/#post-8683219
Read post no.4 of @Chinese-Dragon

India should not hurry. Time is not yet right yet to increase the price. India should wait until 2018-19 before drastically escalating the price that Chinese can no longer see the value.

So !!!! is the chinese govt trying to send a message ? if so to who ?

Our opposition against the CPEC is that it passes through our disputed territory.
Let them pass through our land ,we will make it a success for both Pakistan abd China :D

Chinese are sending a message .
Pressure for GoP from unexpected quarters

It proposed that Beijing should instead "consider giving more attention to its economic cooperation with Southeast Asian countries". The CPEC has long been seen as a flagship project in China's Belt and Road initiative, but the initiative's strategic focus may need to shift gradually toward Southeast Asia, where there is a wide infrastructure funding gap but a relatively stable regional environment that will enable China to efficiently push forward ventures under the Belt and Road initiative," it suggested, specifically mentioning Vietnam, whose prime minister is currently on a six-day visit to China.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...hina-pakistan-economic-corridor/1/763102.html

Chinese media reporting via India Today?

Pakistan is footing the CPEC bill..what do the Chinese care!

As if any of the thousands of conflicting opinion pieces in the Chinese state media all have some underlying conspiracy beneath them? :lol: That would be a lot of effort for no reason.

But you are welcome to read whatever you want into it, or to articles that contradict it. CPEC is a done deal, the money has already been invested.

Anything the Chinese government needs to convey to Pakistan can be done through much more direct and effective channels, in actual meetings.
Did I say there is a conspiracy? Or even insinuate one? Don't make stuff up.

You know what's even funnier than what you just said? An Indian newspaper quoting a Chinese newspaper in the opinion section :rofl:
Umm - is the whole newspaper thing new to you?

is reading difficult for you? Sorry but I can't dumb down my previous post

I don't doubt that. It can't possibly get dumber anyways. This whole "free media" thing must be an eye-opener.

I love how much weight the Indian media gives to these "opinion pieces" from the Global Times.

You can basically pick whatever "opinion piece" (out of countless others) that suits your own narrative then claim that is the Chinese government position.

Sorry, no. The official position is given by the Government itself. Certainly not by opinion pieces in the Global Times of all things.

Nailed it!

I don't doubt that. It can't possibly get dumber anyways. This whole "free media" thing must be an eye-opener.

Only media which displays India narrative only. "Yellow Media"

India is trying hard to sabotage CPEC with the help of western media, but in the end they will fail and they know it.

CPEC is just a emergency wartime oil supply enema insurance for China, from remote uninhabited areas in China to remote uninhabited areas in Pakistan, and despite the planned gas pipeline, transporting crude using ulcc/vlcc along current sea routes from the ME to China will remain the primary energy feed to China, and it remains vulnerable, 'murricans can choke them without firing a shot.
CPEC is to protect China and Pakistan Defence and Economic interests. Is not that simple at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom