What's new

Beginning of Muslim Africa - Battle of Sufetula 647 CE

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

The second season of the Kings and Generals animated historical animated documentary series on the Early Muslim Expansion concludes with the story of the Muslim campaign in what was the exarchate of Carthage under the Eastern Roman Empire. This episode will focus on the battles of Tripoli and Sufetula in 647. This was the beginning of Muslim Africa.

The second season of the Kings and Generals animated historical animated documentary series on the Early Muslim Expansion concludes with the story of the Muslim campaign in what was the exarchate of Carthage under the Eastern Roman Empire. This episode will focus on the battles of Tripoli and Sufetula in 647. This was the beginning of Muslim Africa.

Unfortunately too much melodrama - I dont prefer such narratives; the history and spread of Islam in Africa is extremely detailed; from trade, conquest, assimulation and finally local empires to transplanting of Omani sultanate into Zanzibar.

You need to read about Islam and Africa; if you can watch - The African - Triple Heritage by my good late esteemed friend Prof. Ali Mazuri you will:

Watch from 14:50min; on 16min is the hymn which is sung on Radio Zanzibar at the breaking of every fast after the prayers.

Unfortunately too much melodrama - I dont prefer such narratives; the history and spread of Islam in Africa is extremely detailed; from trade, conquest, assimulation and finally local empires to transplanting of Omani sultanate into Zanzibar.

You need to read about Islam and Africa; if you can watch - The African - Triple Heritage by my good late esteemed friend Prof. Ali Mazuri you will:

Watch from 14:50min; on 16min is the hymn which is sung on Radio Zanzibar at the breaking of every fast after the prayers.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Thank you for your recommendation.
Welcome, I am glad to have posted it. Most people have forgotten how islam came and spread not only to the North of Africa but to the sub-saharan africa.

If you get a chance to visit Zanzibar - you still the echos of the past e.g. time starts with 1 O'clock at 6am. It was the old Omani way; i believe i was told it was also the same way in Medina for a very long time until it was discontinued.

Welcome, I am glad to have posted it. Most people have forgotten how islam came and spread not only to the North of Africa but to the sub-saharan africa.

If you get a chance to visit Zanzibar - you still the echos of the past e.g. time starts with 1 O'clock at 6am. It was the old Omani way; i believe i was told it was also the same way in Medina for a very long time until it was discontinued.

Much appreciated brother.
Insha'Allah if I ever get a chance I will visit Zanzibar.

Much appreciated brother.
Insha'Allah if I ever get a chance I will visit Zanzibar.
you will love it. culture. Especially see Mombasa/Zanzibar/pemba/Comores (al qamar). You must remember Zanzibar was Oman and Oman will always be part of Zanzibar.

Swahili is a pidign of Arabic and bantu languages - spoken across 8 countries as well as in Oman.

Back
Top Bottom