What's new

Beef Eating in Hinduism

Well it is you who has been continuously invoking the prophecy of world turning into deserts if all of us dont turn into vegetarians :undecided:. Veggienazis :disagree:

i said the world will be a big dessert like SA not that SA turned into a dessert bcz.

and you should be knowing that animals are part of nature , when you kill them for food you are causing an irreparable damage to the ecosystem . This is taught to a fifth grader in the school not some hindutva propaganda .

i said the world will be a big dessert like SA not that SA turned into a dessert bcz.

and you should be knowing that animals are part of nature , when you kill them for food you are causing an irreparable damage to the ecosystem . This is taught to a fifth grader in the school not some hindutva propaganda .
Factually incorrect. Do you know why snakes are important for the ecosystem? Because they help in population control of rodents which otherwise devastate food crops. Apply the same theory vis a vis humans and livestock.

IF call yourself a Atheist Then be like a Sane one Vivekananda and Savarkar were both prominent Atheist Have you ever Bother to Read Any one of them .Being Atheist Doesn't give you Right to destroying others Believe.We live in a Social System which have foundations. Free will don't give your Right to break the Social foundation on which Our Society Stands.If you can't Disciplined yourself or Confused about your Dharma don't try to derail others from their Beliefs.Its Only Shows how confused your Spirit IS.

what if majority wants referendum and ban beef eating by law :woot:
Be rest assured it would not hold. Sizeable portions of South and North East India do consume beef. For instance, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram would be the first to secede. Kerala too.

I would love to see such a "referendum" though, dictating people what to eat and what not to. Would be a great PR exercise for Incredible India :azn:

Hinduism is not Religion, name given by Arabs, its a collection of Traditions, Stock of Advices by Sage people appeared in different timeline, you've no Prophets or Singular un-doubted Authority by anyone.......etc etc
Myth of Holy-Cow...... (Going to Bust)
1. Cows were the biggest source of meal in Ancient time when there was no idea of CULTIVATION

2. Later on......New concept rolls in where cows were distinguished as Wild & Domestic animals

3. Then Later on.....Some of Great Sage (maybe) among India emphasized to grow stock of Domestic Cattle ...as it proved FRUITFUL

4. Then Time goes on......you people extended that Offer to Monkeys and other living Animals....

5. Modern Era:::: You pull back that compensation from MONKEYS.......as they appeared to attack Fiercely on humans & Especially they destroyed Vegetable Farms ruining lives of many Farmers

6. Technology Era:::: You people pull back BIRDS from BLACKLIST....as we all know that ....Sacrificing MC-Donals / KFC deals is not an Easy Job to DEAL-WITH

7. Realization Era::::: Now the time has come again to decide fate of WANTON COWS and Belligerent Bulls wandering all over the Indian Streets / Roads with no Purpose & no Benefit?

Factually incorrect. Do you know why snakes are important for the ecosystem? Because they help in population control of rodents which otherwise devastate food crops. Apply the same theory vis a vis humans and livestock.

killing an animal if a necessity or unavoidable is not what i questioned .
killing an animal for food which can be avoided by turning to veg . If killing animals for food is their democratic right then hunting animals for pleasure should also be justified then .

So what if it is mentioned in 500BC or even 5000BC? Every religion undergoes changes, and Hinduism being a largely urorganised religion, might have been changed by philosophers in middle ages.
When the religion was disarrayed , Bhakti movement started by Sage Adi Shankara and others, simply rejuvenated Hinduism. If Adi Shankara or other prominent sage, had prohibited consumption of beef, some 1000 years ago, then it is also enough to consider beef prohibitive.
I have tasted beef, and it taste alright. But still not feeling comfortable with the idea of it.
Did indra eat beef?

killing an animal if a necessity or unavoidable is not what i questioned .
killing an animal for food which can be avoided by turning to veg . If killing animals for food is their democratic right then hunting animals for pleasure should also be justified then .
You have tried to divert my argument. You are so concerned about the ecosystem, do you know that cattle farts produce greenhouse gases, specifically methane, which is linked to global warming :eek:. What if we stop killing them for food and they keep multiplying and then the world turns into Saudi Arabia :rolleyes:

If you haven't eaten Sajji you should't be considered alive, you just haven't lived. Plain and simple.

you should come and taste our indigenous dishes of pork vindaloo to chilly pork, from goa to north east.

universally acknowledged as the tastiest meat.

grilled pork ribs glazed in honey..long sighs...

Last edited:
You have tried to divert my argument. You are so concerned about the ecosystem, do you know that cattle farts produce greenhouse gases, specifically methane, which is linked to global warming :eek:. What if we stop killing them for food and they keep multiplying and then the world turns into Saudi Arabia :rolleyes:

now i know what you are , never mind .

Listen mate. you simply are a selective secular.

Back
Top Bottom