What's new

Beef Ban Brings Back Memories of Dogra Rule.

Ohh no i am not ethnic kashmiri from my fathers side of the family. And there isnt any kashmiri culture or language retained on either my mothers or my fathers side. So i know very very little abt kashmiri cuisine and languages. Even the prominemt pahari spoken in ajk ,iwasnt taught that, we are only taught urdu.

Btw @SarthakGanguly koshur was known by few even in my fathers family cuz those elders used to work in the kashmir valley or lived there.

@fakhre mirpur

U are such a filthy troll. Need to report u in ghq with all ur multi ids.
That is common. Indigenous cultures are disappearing in favor of us Lucknowis/other migrants culture. Punjabis do not know Punjabi and of 50 million pashtuns less than 30 million speak pashto. We need to find a solution to promote culture without becoming ethno fascists and ethnically polarized in the process. Kashmiris should know about Zain Ul Abideen and Shah Mir and Kashmir Sultanate. Most don't. Its the same with many others.

We migrants should be very thankful to others for adopting our culture, an alien culture for the benefit of the nation. But sadly we want extra rights.

If you want to remove beef ban, then you might as well remove Pork ban.
Then you will see the double standards of the so called Muslims
What will you people say if McDonald's, Dominoes, start serving beef and pork.

Modi is epic failure for India.

If the Pakistanis think like that, I am sure Modi is doing something good.
We will see how well he enforce Muslims to not use beef.

He hasn't enforced the Muslims. Our democracy and the leaders are mature enough to understand the versatility of of country.

and when it comes to enforcement, we should learn from the Pakistani as to how well they have enforced the Punjabi dominance over the other regions. Balochistan is reeling, Pakhtunistan is talk of the town, and all know how Karachi is faring these days.

If the Pakistanis think like that, I am sure Modi is doing something good.

He hasn't enforced the Muslims. Our democracy and the leaders are mature enough to understand the versatility of of country.

and when it comes to enforcement, we should learn from the Pakistani as to how well they have enforced the Punjabi dominance over the other regions. Balochistan is reeling, Pakhtunistan is talk of the town, and all know how Karachi is faring these days.
There is nothing like Punjabi, Baluchi etc.
If Punjabis are more intelligent and hardworking then they deserve good posts as well as authority.

There is nothing like Punjabi, Baluchi etc.
If Punjabis are more intelligent and hardworking then they deserve good posts as well as authority.

A majority of Sindhis do not agree with you.

A majority of Balochs do not agree with you.

Has Allah given all intelligence and hardwork to Punjabis keeping nothing for their fellow Balochs and Sindhis?

A majority of Sindhis do not agree with you.

A majority of Balochs do not agree with you.

Has Allah given all intelligence and hardwork to Punjabis keeping nothing for their fellow Balochs and Sindhis?
Yes. 8-)

That is common. Indigenous cultures are disappearing in favor of us Lucknowis/other migrants culture. Punjabis do not know Punjabi and of 50 million pashtuns less than 30 million speak pashto. We need to find a solution to promote culture without becoming ethno fascists and ethnically polarized in the process. Kashmiris should know about Zain Ul Abideen and Shah Mir and Kashmir Sultanate. Most don't. Its the same with many others.

We migrants should be very thankful to others for adopting our culture, an alien culture for the benefit of the nation. But sadly we want extra rights.
No lolzz we didnt give up anything in anyone's favor. Urdu is natinal language and shud be taught. It all comes down to personal choices. And secondly our mohajir communtiy are our own ppl, i dont mind taking any part of their culture cuz they are pakistanis and my own ppl. So it shuddd be alllll coooooooooollllllll. For me i cud be a pathan, punjabi, balochi, mohajirs or anything pakistani any given day cuz all of these are who makeup Pakistan.

Oh and just cuz i speak urdu some ppl here do call me karachiitee which i dont mind tbh.

And u know cultures and languages do suffer attrition over time. Do u know that now even urdu is fading in some parts of my extended family.

No lolzz we didnt give up anything in anyone's favor. Urdu is natinal language and shud be taught. It all comes down to personal choices. And secondly our mohajir communtiy are our own ppl, i dont mind taking any part of their culture cuz they are pakistanis and my own ppl. So it shuddd be alllll coooooooooollllllll. For me i cud be a pathan, punjabi, balochi, mohajirs or anything pakistani any given day cuz all of these are who makeup Pakistan.

Oh and just cuz i speak urdu some ppl here do call me karachiitee which i dont mind tbh.

And u know cultures and languages do suffer attrition over time. Do u know that now even urdu is fading in some parts of my extended family.

Such a sacrifice shouldn't be made under the watch of us migrants. For example we imposed urdu on Bengal and the consequences are before us. I am glad you respect other ethnic groups. I wish my relatives did the same and were ready to adopt local cultures. I mean moving from one place does not make one muhajir and then we remained muhajir for 60 years. We didn't think of becoming "Pakistani" but kept comp;aining about lack of rights. Needless to say I have my beef with my ethnic group or community.

On urdu being replaced by English that is also true. The elite is being trained in English rather than urdu. Also those raised outside don't know urdu well even in Lucknow. Its the same case with me. I cannot really write urdu well. My arabic is better due to time in the middle east.

I think Adeyshir cowasjee would have agreed with you on this in Pakistan too. He wrote an article saying Manekshaw was humiliated and mistreated by the Indian army. Do you agree? I would guess not but nationalism has drawn a line between hindus muslims parsis along both countries.

Horrible those riots aren't they? My parents moved a little late so they were relatively safe from riots but not from killings.

What is a Jawa? Thats sad. Muslims are as susceptable to becoming monsters as are hindus. That is why whatever we want is without violence. We have had enough of it in Pakistan and it proves that when the mob doesn't have hindus or muslims to kill he will turn on his own religions people

I see.

Wow, that was a nice story. Maybe you could write a book on it like Bapsi Sidhwa. I am craving for Pakistani/Indian writers but its difficult to publish a book. Very difficult and even more for desis and further more for Pakistanis. Randomhouse has an office in India but not in Pakistan.

But that muslim man standing up for you was great. I hope all of us can be so brave.

Rogan Josh is often made of beef.

Cows are naturally raised in plains/agricultural societies,kashmir naturally raises goats/sheep,it is impossible for rogan josh to be made of beef.

@SarthakGanguly Cow sacrifice is a sign of our victory. Your ancestors aka Pundits motivated Dogras for beef ban.
Now Both Dogras and Pundits are homeless. :cheers:

Dogras still rule Jammu,Nirmal singh the deputy CM of J&K is a dogra.

I want full scale rebellion against India by Indian muslims, otherwise i will rate them cowards.

They are cowards.

Such a sacrifice shouldn't be made under the watch of us migrants. For example we imposed urdu on Bengal and the consequences are before us. I am glad you respect other ethnic groups. I wish my relatives did the same and were ready to adopt local cultures. I mean moving from one place does not make one muhajir and then we remained muhajir for 60 years. We didn't think of becoming "Pakistani" but kept comp;aining about lack of rights. Needless to say I have my beef with my ethnic group or community.

On urdu being replaced by English that is also true. The elite is being trained in English rather than urdu. Also those raised outside don't know urdu well even in Lucknow. Its the same case with me. I cannot really write urdu well. My arabic is better due to time in the middle east.
Actually the bolded part i agree with. I also often used to ponder why our mohajirs didnt integrate themselves. Somewhere blame does go on them too. But then idont know a lot. I dont care abt ethnicities and stuff and specifically when it comes to pakistanis. So ya im all cool as long as im not forced to adopt things ,languages and cultures.

Rest i dont know, my parents hardly know abt ajk and ioks history and stuff. What little they knew they shared with me.

And i dont know i am cool as this...... i hate to think tooo much.

Cows are naturally raised in plains/agricultural societies,kashmir naturally raises goats/sheep,it is impossible for rogan josh to be made of beef.

Dogras still rule Jammu,Nirmal singh the deputy CM of J&K is a dogra.

They are cowards.
What the f there is a breed of cows in hilly regions called pahari cow
m3-L.jpg

They can climb hills and these cows are very common in ajk,north Punjab and hazara region

What the f there is a breed of cows in hilly regions called pahari cow
m3-L.jpg

They can climb hills and these cows are very common in ajk,north Punjab and hazara region
The first time i actually physically saw a cow was on these hilly regions of ajk. And it was a large heavy set cow.

And btw the inner kashmir valley is a flat region from what i know.

Back
Top Bottom