What's new

Beat this Resume...

GLOBAL HAWK

Reaction score
Guys ! specially Indian members in :pdf: Have you ever come across this one

A friend of mine works in CJ Staffing, when he came over 2 my place for a visit , we had this long discussion about ingenuity of the resumes he gets everyday.

he had asked me to google with keywords "Beat" +"This"+"Resume" and tell me what shows up. Guess what here is one of the best result.

CAN U BEAT THIS RESUME!!!!!! !!!!!!!

RESUME

EDUCATION /Qualification:

1950: Stood first in BA (Hons), Economics, Punjab University , Chandigarh ,
1952; Stood first in MA (Economics), Punjab University , Chandigarh ,
1954; Wright's Prize for distinguished performance at St John's College , Cambridge ,
1955 and 1957; Wrenbury scholar, University of Cambridge ,
1957; DPhil ( Oxford ), DLitt (Honoris Causa); PhD thesis on India 's export competitiveness

OCCUPATION /Teaching Experience :

Professor (Senior lecturer, Economics, 1957-59;
Reader, Economics, 1959-63;
Professor, Economics, Punjab University , Chandigarh , 1963-65;
Professor,Internati onal Trade, Delhi School of Economics ,University of Delhi,1969-71 ;
Honorary professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University ,New Delhi,1976 and Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi ,1996 and Civil Servant

Working Experience/ POSITIONS :

1971-72: Economic advisor, ministry of foreign trade
1972-76: Chief economic advisor, ministry of finance

1976-80: Director, Reserve Bank of India;
Director, Industrial Development Bank of India ;
Alternate governor for India, Board of governors, Asian Development Bank;
Alternate governor for India, Board of governors, IBRD

November 1976 - April 1980: Secretary, ministry of finance (Department of economic affairs);
Member, finance, Atomic Energy Commission; Member,finance, Space Commission

April 1980 - September 15, 1982 : Member-secretary, Planning Commission

1980-83: Chairman , India Committee of the Indo-Japan joint study committee

September 16, 1982 - January 14, 1985 : Governor, Reserve Bank of India ...

1982-85: Alternate Governor for India, Board of governors, International Monetary Fund

1983-84: Member, economic advisory council to the Prime Minister

1985: President, Indian Economic Association

January 15, 1985 - July 31, 1987 : Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission

August 1, 1987 - November 10, 19! 90: Secretary-general and commissioner,
south commission, Geneva

December 10, 1990 - March 14, 1991 : Advisor to the Prime Minister on economic affairs

March 15, 1991 - June 20, 1991 : Chairman, UGC

June 21, 1991 - May 15, 1996 : Union finance minister

October 1991: Elected to Rajya Sabha from Assam on Congress ticket

June 1995: Re-elected to Rajya Sabha

1996 onwards: Member, Consultative Committee for the ministry of finance

August 1, 1996 - December 4, 1997: Chairman, Parliamentary standing committee on commerce

March 21, 1998 onwards: Leader of the Opposition, Rajya Sabha

June 5, 1998 onwards: Member, committee on finance

August 13, 1998 onwards: Member, committee on rules

Aug 1998-2001: Member, committee of privileges 2000 onwards: Member, executive committee, Indian parliamentary group

June 2001: Re-elected to Rajya Sabha

Aug 2001 onwards: Member, general purposes committee

BOOKS:

India 's Export Trends and Prospects for Self-Sustained Growth -
Clarendon Press, Oxford University , 1964; also published a large number of articles in various economic journals.

OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

Adam Smith Prize, University of Cambridge , 1956

Padma Vibhushan, 1987

Euro money Award, Finance Minister of the Year, 1993;

Asia money Award, Finance Minister of the Year for Asia , 1993 and 1994

INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS:

1966: Economic Affairs Officer

1966-69: Chief, financing for trade section, UNCTAD

1972-74: Deputy for India in IMF Committee of Twenty on
International Monetary Reform

1977-79: Indian delegation to Aid-India Consortium Meetings

1980-82: Indo-Soviet joint planning group meeting

1982: Indo-Soviet monitoring group meeting

1993: Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting Cyprus 1993: Human Rights World Conference , Vienna

RECREATION :

Gymkhana Club, New Delhi ; Life Member, India International Centre,
New Delhi

PERSONAL DETAIL:

Name: Dr Manmohan Singh

DOB: September 26, 1932

Place of Birth: Gah ( West Punjab )

Father: S. Gurmukh Singh

Mother: Mrs Amrit Kaur

Married on: September 14, 1958

Wife: Mrs Gursharan Kaur

Children: Three daughters

INDIA Prime Minister seems to be the most qualified PM all over the world.

Current Indian PM makes his countrymen Proud ..

feel free to share your views. :usflag:

Please only share your constructive comments that will enlighten the readers of this forum and let us all know what it takes to be a Country's Prime Minister-President-Premier in the current global scenario.

Last edited:

A friend of mine works in CJ Staffing, when he came over 2 my place for a visit , we had this long discussion about ingenuity of the resumes he gets everyday.

he had asked me to google with keywords "Beat" +"This"+"Resume" and tell me what shows up. Guess what here is one of the best result.

CAN U BEAT THIS RESUME!!!!!! !!!!!!!

RESUME

EDUCATION /Qualification:

1950: Stood first in BA (Hons), Economics, Punjab University , Chandigarh ,
1952; Stood first in MA (Economics), Punjab University , Chandigarh ,
1954; Wright's Prize for distinguished performance at St John's College , Cambridge ,
1955 and 1957; Wrenbury scholar, University of Cambridge ,
1957; DPhil ( Oxford ), DLitt (Honoris Causa); PhD thesis on India 's export competitiveness

OCCUPATION /Teaching Experience :

Professor (Senior lecturer, Economics, 1957-59;
Reader, Economics, 1959-63;
Professor, Economics, Punjab University , Chandigarh , 1963-65;
Professor,Internati onal Trade, Delhi School of Economics ,University of Delhi,1969-71 ;
Honorary professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University ,New Delhi,1976 and Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi ,1996 and Civil Servant

Working Experience/ POSITIONS :

1971-72: Economic advisor, ministry of foreign trade
1972-76: Chief economic advisor, ministry of finance

1976-80: Director, Reserve Bank of India;
Director, Industrial Development Bank of India ;
Alternate governor for India, Board of governors, Asian Development Bank;
Alternate governor for India, Board of governors, IBRD

November 1976 - April 1980: Secretary, ministry of finance (Department of economic affairs);
Member, finance, Atomic Energy Commission; Member,finance, Space Commission

April 1980 - September 15, 1982 : Member-secretary, Planning Commission

1980-83: Chairman , India Committee of the Indo-Japan joint study committee

September 16, 1982 - January 14, 1985 : Governor, Reserve Bank of India ...

1982-85: Alternate Governor for India, Board of governors, International Monetary Fund

1983-84: Member, economic advisory council to the Prime Minister

1985: President, Indian Economic Association

January 15, 1985 - July 31, 1987 : Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission

August 1, 1987 - November 10, 19! 90: Secretary-general and commissioner,
south commission, Geneva

December 10, 1990 - March 14, 1991 : Advisor to the Prime Minister on economic affairs

March 15, 1991 - June 20, 1991 : Chairman, UGC

June 21, 1991 - May 15, 1996 : Union finance minister

October 1991: Elected to Rajya Sabha from Assam on Congress ticket

June 1995: Re-elected to Rajya Sabha

1996 onwards: Member, Consultative Committee for the ministry of finance

August 1, 1996 - December 4, 1997: Chairman, Parliamentary standing committee on commerce

March 21, 1998 onwards: Leader of the Opposition, Rajya Sabha

June 5, 1998 onwards: Member, committee on finance

August 13, 1998 onwards: Member, committee on rules

Aug 1998-2001: Member, committee of privileges 2000 onwards: Member, executive committee, Indian parliamentary group

June 2001: Re-elected to Rajya Sabha

Aug 2001 onwards: Member, general purposes committee

BOOKS:

India 's Export Trends and Prospects for Self-Sustained Growth -
Clarendon Press, Oxford University , 1964; also published a large number of articles in various economic journals.

OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

Adam Smith Prize, University of Cambridge , 1956

Padma Vibhushan, 1987

Euro money Award, Finance Minister of the Year, 1993;

Asia money Award, Finance Minister of the Year for Asia , 1993 and 1994

INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS:

1966: Economic Affairs Officer

1966-69: Chief, financing for trade section, UNCTAD

1972-74: Deputy for India in IMF Committee of Twenty on
International Monetary Reform

1977-79: Indian delegation to Aid-India Consortium Meetings

1980-82: Indo-Soviet joint planning group meeting

1982: Indo-Soviet monitoring group meeting

1993: Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting Cyprus 1993: Human Rights World Conference , Vienna

RECREATION :

Gymkhana Club, New Delhi ; Life Member, India International Centre,
New Delhi

PERSONAL DETAIL:

Name: Dr Manmohan Singh

DOB: September 26, 1932

Place of Birth: Gah ( West Punjab )

Father: S. Gurmukh Singh

Mother: Mrs Amrit Kaur

Married on: September 14, 1958

Wife: Mrs Gursharan Kaur

Children: Three daughters

INDIA Prime Minister seems to be the most qualified PM all over the world.

After going thru this I found myself shamelessly disappointed that George W Bush is a douche bag in comparision.

He seems to have worked flawlessly within the framework prescribed by many. But Trueman always wants to know what lies beyond that big swath of water in front of him. He is no match for Bush. But Bush is a dumb boy, he could have done better.

He seems to have worked flawlessly within the framework prescribed by many. But Trueman always wants to know what lies beyond that big swath of water in front of him. He is no match for Bush. But Bush is a dumb boy, he could have done better.
Troll alert!Troll Alert!

:mps:

After going thru this I found myself shamelessly disappointed that George W Bush is a douche bag in comparision.

Excuse me, I was going to thank your post until I came across this - you have to bring out the shiny Mr. Singh to highlight the fact that GWB is a ***bag (your choice word)?

Listening to the latter's words and observing his actions and their consequences couldn't do it for you?

Just curious, TV/Radio - you got them in Ohio?

I know you got internet ...

Disclaimer: Any :flame: is unintended.

he is damn intelligent man but what i feel about him is that he is not politician. the traits of being cunning are missing in him neither he is an exellent speaker though i really apprecitate his achievements, he is more better as finance minister....

BTW, I give credit to the Congress Party bosses for putting him at the top of the ticket.

Having an impressive resume is ... downright impressive. There is no doubt Mr. Singh positively glows in merit.

Getting hired is a different kettle of fish.

Indian voters who cast for Congress on his account should be congratulated no less.

So instead of feeling ashamed of GWB, you should perhaps feel "ashamed" for your fellow ...

he is damn intelligent man but what i feel about him is that he is not politician. the traits of being cunning are missing in him neither he is an exellent speaker though i really apprecitate his achievements, he is more better as finance minister....

I don't agree.. he is the best PM you could get. It's better u guys have him, instead of the party leader being PM.

He is taking India up. Who wants a politician for the job he is doing. I really really like the setup you guys have. Sonia taking on Politics while giving PM the complete room to implement policies for the betterment of India. It is possible only because PM is not Political Minded, else Sonia would have reservations over it.

He taught my father in Delhi school of economics in 1970, my dad said very few of his classmates use to bunk his lectures.

I don't agree.. he is the best PM you could get. It's better u guys have him, instead of the party leader being PM.

He is taking India up. Who wants a politician for the job he is doing. I really really like the setup you guys have. Sonia taking on Politics while giving PM the complete room to implement policies for the betterment of India. It is possible only because PM is not Political Minded, else Sonia would have reservations over it.

I do agree over his capabilities but he lacks the charisma of people like atal bihari and others who were able to bind the people together. No doubt he is most qualified PM we ever had and he is doing great in office also. but the thing is people dont see him as a great leader but in fact as a highly qualified man holding the office.

I do agree over his capabilities but he lacks the charisma of people like atal bihari and others who were able to bind the people together. No doubt he is most qualified PM we ever had and he is doing great in office also. but the thing is people dont see him as a great leader but in fact as a highly qualified man holding the office.

For that missing charisma ..he has Rahul gandhi who is youth face of congress, and is backed up politically by Sonia. .. i think all are paring up for a great innings. I am no congress supporter.. but they are simply the best choice we have today from the lot..look at Maharashtra election results...even with all that in ability to govern ...people have trusted the name "Congress"...bec.. pppl know they can give stability..

impressive resume, seems very very intelligent, but i suppose once you are connected and take up one good position of prestige all others are easier.

also, being book smart are not one of the most important traits in a pm, but no doubt, the guy is an impressive individual, perhaps suited towards being a university prof. more than leader of a big nation.

He taught my father in Delhi school of economics in 1970, my dad said very few of his classmates use to bunk his lectures.

On a side note, Jarnee the cute face, those few who did "bunk" his lectures are the real smart ones. The real smart ones can always find their own ways.

It is my sincerely hope that your father was one of them few.

India/China Bhai Bhai.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom