What's new

BD`s first search engine sets out

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
DHAKA: Pipilika, country’s first search engine which is capable of searching in both Bengali and English, was developed recently as a gift to the nation before Pahela Baishakh.

The search engine ???????? | ?????????? ????? ????? ?????? will be launched formally on April 13.

A team of 11 young and energetic students of Computer Science and Engineering Department of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) have developed Pipilika.

They are Mishu, Talha, Talha Ibne Imam, Towhid Sazzad, Asif, Baker, Apu, Farhad Ashish and Maksud.

Professor Dr Muhammad Jafar Iqbal was the project director and Ruhul Amin Sajib was main researcher and team leader while IT Department of Grameenphone assisted the project.

Ruhul Amin Sajib said, “We have uploaded the beta version and we are always developing the features and functions. Anyone can send us advice.”

The developers told banglanews that people may face problem as it is beta version and but readers can find their searched topics easily.

source: BD`s first search engine sets out pipilika.com

** it is not big search engine but it is the first step to make a big search engine :)

Latest news: already launched

???????? | ?????????? ????? ????? ??????

Google has a Bengali search Functionality ain't it ??

** it is not big search engine but it is the first step to make a big search engine :)

There is nothing called big search engine.. All search engines are of same size except the underlying algorithm and the storage of cache... Hope there will be zillions of Bengali webpages and we will be able to find all the information needed in Bengali. Pipilika is the crucial step and a milestone. I hope GP will continue to support the project in the years to come.

There is nothing called big search engine.. All search engines are of same size except the underlying algorithm and the storage of cache... Hope there will be zillions of Bengali webpages and we will be able to find all the information needed in Bengali. Pipilika is the crucial step and a milestone. I hope GP will continue to support the project in the years to come.

i meant search engine like google

Tried searching

"North Korea CNN" which suppose to bring North Korea from CNN sites as the first hit but i did not find CNN in the first 2 pages..

LOL

Tried searching

"North Korea CNN" which suppose to bring North Korea from CNN sites as the first hit but i did not find CNN in the first 2 pages..

LOL

Makes sense. It prioritizes BD news site search results and that's all you see in the first few pages:

2i937dk.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Or is it fed manually??? Cheating? In a search engine there is nothing called prioritizing.. its only the algorithm which prioritize the pages based on the text links referencing etc.

Give it some time, it will grow and run eventually, since it already made the first step.

Makes sense. It prioritizes BD news site search results and that's all you see in the first few pages:

2i937dk.png

doesnt mean it will completely blank out the relevant pages ! What if that information being looked for isnot there in BD/bengali pages at all ? Does it mean the search engine should anyway return 2 pages of crap links before showing the relevant "international links " ?

Reflects how poorly the search engine algo was written !

Back
Top Bottom