What's new

BBC Hard Talk - Fawad Chaudhry - May 28, 2021

Pakistan has a few communication pros who can be groomed to become national stars. Some of them are Qamar Zaman Kaira, Ehtzaz Ahsen and you can include Fawad Choudhry to the list. Even Daniyal Aziz could be groomed and added to the panel. These people can win arguments by staying polite and advocate Pakistan's point of view defeating global propaganda - but the state hasn't groomed them to represent the state.

Thankfully Imran's Government has got Dr Moeed Yousaf on the panel - but would it had been better if four shining stars were dealing with information warfare and winning case of Pakistan all over the world?

A recommendation: Communication warfare should be elevated outside ISPR and it should recruit top civilians and train them for 10 years, just like soldier are trained for decades. These communication soldiers will InShaAllah benefit Paksitan on non-conventional communication fronts. But groom them, invest in them and recognise them as guardians of the ideological boundaries of Pakistan.

Last edited:
What a bunch of old clueless farts. No offense to you bro.

There's no shortcut to experience, and we haven't seen anyone from younger age group who has comparable communication skills. But of course you pick young talent to polosh and train, who could serve the nation for a few decades.

overall fawad did well.. however what is happening in Pakistan true.

Journalist do come under attack.. but

is it state policy ?

No.

Is there lack of freedom of expression.

No.. in fact I think there is too much of it.

The context which Stephen did was just western narrative Brought about as we just put pressure on Israel...

Israel is up set with Pakistan... BBC is just another tool they just used.

try and get Indians or even modi to do an interview.

You're probably reading that off from some indian think tank

LOL

Pakistan has a few communication pros who can be groomed to become national stars. Some of them are Qamar Zaman Kaira, Ehtzaz Ahsen and you can include Fawad Choudhry to the list. Even Daniyal Aziz could be groomed and added to the panel. These people can win arguments by staying polite and advocate Pakistan's point of view defeating global propaganda - but the state hasn't groomed them to represent the state.

Thankfully Imran's Government has got Dr Moeed Yousaf on the panel - but would it had been better if four shining stars were dealing with information warfare and winning case of Pakistan all over the world?

A recommendation: Communication warfare should be elevated outside ISPR and it should recruit top civilians and train them for 10 years, just like soldier are trained for decades. These communication soldiers will InShaAllah benefit Paksitan on non-conventional communication fronts. But groom them, invest in them and recognise them as guardians of the ideological boundaries of Pakistan.

I am impressed by the contradictions a human can put in 3 paragraphs.

Daniya Eziz, Fuwwad Chowdary and Etezaz Ahsan will be guardians of the ideological boundaries of Pakistan.

@truthfollower aliens exist buddy. don't need any proofs after this

Put me in front of this station and I would never be invited again. All these questions were such soft balls - I would have hit each out of the park.

You're probably reading that off from some indian think tank

LOL
Classic BJP oh i mean PTI
Put me in front of this station and I would never be invited again. All these questions were such soft balls - I would have hit each out of the park.

You do know this is paid propaganda. They plan this like wrestling.

Don’t know why we get tripped up on vaccine question? Throw it back at their face? Why is the US sitting on millions of doses and not even using them or Isreal or Hong Kong. Who is to blame when we can’t get shipments through Covax?isn’t the hoarding of vaccines by the Global north shameful for him and others living there? Why does Canada and others have 4 times their total population of doses ordered? Also, what’s the percentage eligible for a vaccine in Pakistan’s? How many are below the age of 21 (almost 100 million). How is Pakistan doing compared to Japan or Vietnam or even Australia in terms of vaccinations? SMQ also had a bit of trip up on this, throw it right back in their face. Ask them to ask their other guests from these countries.

the man is a snake..and time will tell.. he is climbing.he wont renegade this time...and his prize is to hijack pti when time is ripe..
he is a controversy machine which he uses to his advantage to stay relevant..
beware

Last edited:
I am impressed by the contradictions a human can put in 3 paragraphs.

Daniya Eziz, Fuwwad Chowdary and Etezaz Ahsan will be guardians of the ideological boundaries of Pakistan.

@truthfollower aliens exist buddy. don't need any proofs after this

I have spoken about people with the capacity who can be polished to defend Pakistan. If someone is a high-performer, you can transform him into a high-performer for the right cause. Reminder: we're speaking about who has an ability to 1) communicate and 2) respond to tough-question still propagating their point of view.

Feeling better now?

Last edited:

On a serious note, Pakistan needs people with talent - and whoever has talent and is staying behind, is doing a disservice. I believe what you are saying and I want to see you do what you are saying. Really! This country deserves more contribution from us all, specially from people who feel they can contribute more.

To encourage you further, what is one thing that you can do, and by doing so you'll be able to serve this Nation better through your talents? Now, this is a softball and I really pray you knock it off the park with your action. Our wishes and prayers and with you. Go make us all proud.

On a serious note, Pakistan needs people with talent - and whoever has talent and is staying behind, is doing a disservice. I believe what you are saying and I want to see you do what you are saying. Really! This country deserves more contribution from us all, specially from people who feel they can contribute more.

To encourage you further, what is one thing that you can do, and by doing so you'll be able to serve this Nation better through your talents? Now, this is a softball and I really pray you knock it off the park with your action. Our wishes and prayers and with you. Go make us all proud.
@graphican - thanks for the words of encouragement. Ours is a responsibility for Pakistan that will never ebb nor diminish based upon who is or isn't in power. Our love is the love of country and the promise it holds. If your question was not rhetorical and you really are asking "one thing...you can do", all I can say is that given the nature of this medium I am not comfortable sharing specifics, but can state it has to do with the knowledge economy and high-tech, and it is something I am already working on, impacting hundreds of people in Pakistan, directly through positive action.

I also agree wholeheartedly with your statement, Pakistan needs people of talent, integrity and ethics. Also Pakistan needs people who can work collaboratively. That can pool and share resources, that can help each other in order to aspire for shared yet loftier goals. We need people who are not driven exclusively by personal interests, but more importantly are searching for and are motivated by shared accomplishments. That evolution in thinking and execution is a challenge in Pakistan.

I have spoken about people with the capacity who can be polished to defend Pakistan. If someone is a high-performer, you can transform him into a high-performer for the right cause. Reminder: we're speaking about who has an ability to 1) communicate and 2) respond to tough-question still propagating their point of view.

Feeling better now?

Not at all.

You consider these talented individuals as high performers?

Back
Top Bottom