What's new

Battle of Umberkhind

Dada, the only point which I liked was the best possible use of intelligence, terrain and opponent weakness ...without losing any soldier and gained the strategic and psychological advance over the far superior and large enemy due the raid of Lal Mahal on Shahista Khan took place after this victory

The other maratha sardar worth it's salt was Firangoji Narsal
If you are interested in reading about the role of intelligence in warfare, please do read this if you haven’t already. And it would be nice if you can recommend some books regarding military operations of Shivaji
upload_2020-8-19_18-29-24.jpeg

Sure man, the best was Shivaji's raids on Surat, the way he camouflage the travel and makes sure to deceive the opponent spies about its presence.
I have that old book , next time when ever visit home will share the author, it's a small Hindi book
If you are interested in spymasters read about Bahirji Naik
If you are interested in reading about the role of intelligence in warfare, please do read this if you haven’t already. And it would be nice if you can recommend some books regarding military operations of Shivaji View attachment 662084

@meghdut If you are interned in Psyops, the one most experts were the Ismaili Shias and the way they scared mighty Saladin Ayubi ... it's one of the most fascination episodes in history where a small sec defeated the might warrior without even going in battle

Interesting read. Now do the battle(s) Panipat :D.

And why are you trying so desperately to divert the thread into another Hindu-Muslim wrangle?
It‘s kinda naive to think that you can ignore religion if you discuss the history of the subcontinent. Hindus still have issues regarding their past so every historical account regarding a Muslim defeat will make them happy and proud.

For me it’s just the will of the King of Kings. History teaches us that even the biggest empire has an expiry date and we should always abstain from becoming arrogant and always remember that we are just mortals.

Kullu man alaiha faan wa yabqa wajhu rabbika dhul jalali wal ikram.

Everything upon earth will perish. And there will remain the face of your lord, owner of majesty and honor. [Quran 55:26-27]

It‘s kinda naive to think that you can ignore religion if you discuss the history of the subcontinent. Hindus still have issues regarding their past so every historical account regarding a Muslim defeat will make them happy and proud.

There was good military history there, over which you stumbled, like two others, and all continued on your religion obsessed way.

For me it’s just the will of the King of Kings. History teaches us that even the biggest empire has an expiry date and we should always abstain from becoming arrogant and always remember that we are just mortals.

Kullu man alaiha faan wa yabqa wajhu rabbika dhul jalali wal ikram.

Everything upon earth will perish. And there will remain the face of your lord, owner of majesty and honor. [Quran 55:26-27]

Yes.

Very impressed. I might even shift from atheist to agnostic. Keep up the good work.

Problem is these sanghis will never talk about defeats of hindus.
a memory loss happens to them when they think of winning of Muslims against hindus.
either they like it or not . but they cant change the fact that they had been enslaved for 1000 years .

I will post 1000 x 1000 accounts of Hindu defeats and I hope you will enjoy also...

You should. Accounts like this help in making the site more interesting to members. I will look forward to your narrations.

Which one, smarty pants?
Why not all three?

There was good military history there, over which you stumbled, like two others, and all continued on your religion obsessed way.
What do you expect? A battle between Hindus and Muslims and no one talks about the religion of either parties? As I said earlier this is a very naive thinking. We have India and Pakistan today because of religion. And you say that people should ignore the main force and motivation behind their respective culture? I respect proud Hindus, even though I cannot agree with their religion.

Yes.

Very impressed. I might even shift from atheist to agnostic. Keep up the good work.
Call me when you convert to Islam :D.

Can you name the region which was ruled for 1000 years by Muslims with dates and rulers ....
either they like it or not . but they cant change the fact that they had been enslaved for 1000 years .

You missed in Battle of Umberkhind the commander from Mughal side was Savitribai Deshmukh a.k.a Raibaghan a Hindu by religion , If religion is what matters most to you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_Bagan

Why not all three?

What do you expect? A battle between Hindus and Muslims and no one talks about the religion of either parties? As I said earlier this is a very naive thinking. We have India and Pakistan today because of religion. And you say that people should ignore the main force and motivation behind their respective culture? I respect proud Hindus, even though I cannot agree with their religion.

Call me when you convert to Islam :D.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom