What's new

Battle of Bach Dang River (938) | Vietnam-China Sea Battle

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam

At the Battle of Bach Dang River in 938 the Vietnamese forces, led by Ngo Quyen, defeated the invading forces of the Southern Han state of China and put an end to centuries of Chinese imperial domination in Vietnam. It took place at the Bach Dang River, near Halong Bay in northern Vietnam.

Battle of Bach Dang River (938) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
History of Vietnam

2879–258 Hồng Bàng Dynasty
257–207 Thục Dynasty
207–111 Triệu Dynasty
111–39 1st Chinese domination
40–43 Trưng Sisters
43–544 2nd Chinese domination
544–602 Early Lý Dynasty
602–938 3rd Chinese domination

Battle of Bach Dang River 938

939–967 Ngô Dynasty
968–980 Đinh Dynasty
980–1009 Early Lê Dynasty
1009–1225 Later Lý Dynasty
1225–1400 Trần Dynasty
1400–1407 Hồ Dynasty
1407–1427 4th Chinese domination
1428–1527 Later Lê Dynasty
1527–1592 Mạc Dynasty
1533–1788 Restored Lê Dynasty
1545–1787 • Trịnh Lords
1558–1777 • Nguyễn Lords
1778–1802 Tây Sơn Dynasty
1802–1945 Nguyễn Dynasty
1858–1945 • French imperialism
from 1945 Republic

History of Vietnam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bach Dang River
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Bach Dang River (Vietnamese: Sông Bạch Đằng; also called Bạch Đằng Giang, from 白藤江) is a river in northern Vietnam, located near Ha Long Bay. It flows through the Yên Hưng district of the Quảng Ninh Province as well as the Thủy Nguyên district of Haiphong.

The Bạch Đằng River has been the site of three important battles in Vietnamese history: in 938 resulting in Vietnamese independence, in 981, and in 1288, where General Trần Hưng Đạo employed tactics used in 938 to drive out Mongol invaders.

Mate - I have read all 3 Bach Dang wars and the venue is a lucky one for Vietnamese as all 3 of them was a complete victory.

Yeh, it is just a reminder for the Chinese. They love to post fancy men toys to the world in order to scare the people.

Vietnam People's Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3 Bach Dang Naval battles:

The largest battles (officially recorded in history) were three naval battles (all three are called Battle of Bạch Đằng): Ngô Quyền against the Chinese Southern Han forces in 938 (killed over 100,000 and captured a thousands Chinese sailors, killed Chinese Prince Liu Hongcao);
[4] Lê Hoàn against Song Dynasty in 981;
and Trần Quốc Tuấn against Yuan Dynasty (Mongol) in 1288 (killed over 80,000 Yuan Mongol sailors, destroyed more than 400 Yuan ships, killed Sogetu, and captured Yuan Admiral Omar).

Yeh, it is just a reminder for the Chinese. They love to post fancy men toys to the world in order to scare the people.

Vietnam People's Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3 Bach Dang Naval battles:

The largest battles (officially recorded in history) were three naval battles (all three are called Battle of Bạch Đằng): Ngô Quyền against the Chinese Southern Han forces in 938 (killed over 100,000 and captured a thousands Chinese sailors, killed Chinese Prince Liu Hongcao);
[4] Lê Hoàn against Song Dynasty in 981;
and Trần Quốc Tuấn against Yuan Dynasty (Mongol) in 1288 (killed over 80,000 Yuan Mongol sailors, destroyed more than 400 Yuan ships, killed Sogetu, and captured Yuan Admiral Omar).

LOL post a cartoon from youtude is the proof of your victory hahaha are you retard or what

It is often argued that the Chinese smart but in reality they are very stupid. Look, the Chinese were caught in the same trap of Vietnamese 2 times (In 938 and 981) and one time with their boss Mongolians (Yuan Dynasty, in 1288)... :lol:

It is often argued that the Chinese smart but in reality they are very stupid. Look, the Chinese were caught in the same trap of Vietnamese 2 times (In 938 and 981) and one time with their boss Mongolians (Yuan Dynasty, in 1288)... :lol:

just a reminder one american called rambo killed thousands of viets:rofl:hahaha so funny

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yeah we are stupid and yet we are the second biggest economy in the world with 3 trillions fx reserves, and every one in the world came to china with a begging bowl, and clever viets with just $6billions in fx reserves and need to beg every one for loan to buy weapons:rofl: well i rather be stupid dont you?

Oh yeah we are stupid and yet we are the second biggest economy in the world with 3 trillions fx reserves, and every one in the world came to china with a begging bowl, and clever viets with just $6billions in fx reserves and need to beg every one for loan to buy weapons:rofl: well i rather be stupid dont you?

But here I am talking about the trap at estuary Bạch Đằng River. :lol:

You can show a source of number 6 billion USD???

Sadly, your boss, Uncle Sam could not also save your face, he himself was also trapped in a other trap of Vietnam although we had more difficult... :lol:

Wtf are you talking about? retard or agent infected i was refer to that stupid viet posting a cartoon as proof of victory go back to school kid:rofl:

And the Americans still lost to Vietnam.

What would happen if Rambo was against the stupid Chinese? He would have killed... 1 million Chinese!

well we chinese dont need to beg other country to buy simple thing like bananas but philipines do:rofl:

But here I am talking about the trap at estuary Bạch Đằng River. :lol:

You can show a source of number 6 billion USD???

Ok it has gone up to about £16 billion but still a very sad number

Wtf are you talking about? retard or agent infected i was refer to that stupid viet posting a cartoon as proof of victory go back to school kid:rofl:

well we chinese dont need to beg other country to buy simple thing like bananas but philipines do:rofl:

Ok it has gone up to about £16 billion but still a very sad number

We begged? Really?

Dude, i know you're way too stupid for all of us to understand but your government is not telling you the whole thing. Your country can impose economic sanctions against us but that wont mean a thing because unlike other countries like Cambodia, China is not a major market for our products. Look, we have the highest growth in Asia this year at that includes the economic sanctions your country gave us. You argument fails.

We begged? Really?

Dude, i know you're way too stupid for all of us to understand but your government is not telling you the whole thing. Your country can impose economic sanctions against us but that wont mean a thing because unlike other countries like Cambodia, China is not a major market for our products. Look, we have the highest growth in Asia this year at that includes the economic sanctions your country gave us. You argument fails.

gosh```you dont know? phino maids are renowned for that

Back
Top Bottom