What's new

Battered & bruised Siv Sena chief seeks explanation from people for ditching party

Screaming Skull

Reaction score

May 18, 2009

Upset over the poor show of the Shiv Sena-BJP alliance in traditional strongholds of Mumbai and Thane, Sena chief Bal Thackeray today said the 'Marathi manoos' should explain reasons for not voting for the party. :lol:

"The saffron march continued in rest of the state but Mumbai and Thane have given me pain at this age," :P the 82-year-old Thackeray said, in an editorial comment in Sena mouthpiece Saamna.

Without naming nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) President Raj Thackeray, the Sena chief said, "the Congress took help of Suryaji Pisal to divide Marathi votes."

Suryaji Pisal was a renegade Maratha who in 1689 opened the defences of the Raigad fort to the besieging Mughal invaders.

The Marathi voter, who strayed away from the Sena, should explain to us why he did so and what harm had Shiv Sena done to him, Thackeray said.

The Congress indulged in the British policy of divide and rule and Marathi people fell prey to it, Thackeray rued.

Thackeray's comments follow reports that presence of MNS candidates in the Lok Sabha elections was the main reason for the defeat of Sena-BJP candidates in Mumbai and neighbouring Thane.

'Marathis should explain why they ditched'

I am not so much against BJP but these Shiv Sena goons and MNS activist should effectively be deprived of the status of a Political Party. They can continue as an organisation for promoting Maratha Issues - Maybe as an NGO or a social group. If they still persevere their violent methods - should be banned. But I guess since they really have a support base in Maharashtra, it'll be difficult to do so. They hardly act, talk or behave like a political party and there is no place in national politics for a party which is simply concerned about one State.

What the heck he is talking about. He should awaken to 21st century, where people are getting educated & think of development & infrastructure. Those who use emotional manifestos, are going nowhere now. The best thing about this election is that it has cut to size the so called regional leaders of Dalit, Marathis, Tamils, Hindus etc. Parties with national agendas have performed very well.

I was this shiv sena - to be there on border - like Légion étrangère. Once they prove that they are worth something - i bet whole country will vote for them. till now they are like dogg shyt. they make indians fight amoung them selves. creating regionalism in this country.
------------------
I am happy they are loosing their stronghold. Once their main leaderi s gone ( Bal thakrey ) the new gen will eleminate this party by fighting each other.
---------------

The Indian voter has once again proved that he is very smart. No party or person can take him for a ride for long. No citadel is too strong for the Indian public to breach. We stand by the principles of secularism and democracy. Any one infringing on the secular ideas in India will be shown the door democratically.

There is a retirement age in every job ( Unfortunately in Indian Politics, at 50 years you are considered young).

Mr.Thackeray has passed the age of superannuation and he may please retire to his Can of Heineken beer. India no longer want's his brand of politics anymore.:cheers:

Maybe they can start by changing the name of their party. How would it look if Jaesh-e-mohammad wanted to contest the elections. Being a right-wing religious party might hit the spotlight once in a while but will not last for long.

Indians defeated them democratically :p

Also goodbye to communists in WB and Kerala.

God Forbid if Shiv Sena ever comes into Power... I am sure they will take a more centrist approach since all governments do when they are in power but nonetheless.. to radical and to dangerous to be winning.. I think the Indian public is pretty intelligent to not vote for these thugs.. Congress won by a landslide.. which is great.

Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) sounded an alarm to the Shiv Sena-BJP alliance in Maharashtra by coming to the fore in the just-concluded Lok Sabha elections and affirming its growing popularity in not only urban areas but also in few other pockets in the state.

Political analysts said the MNS felt that this trend would also send tremors among other political parties.

The MNS candidates gave jolts to Sena-BJP alliance candidates in seven of the eight urban constituencies, barring Kalyan, where the Sena could get a slender lead, and paved way for Congress-NCP victory.

Two MNS candidates -- Bala Nandgaonkar (south Mumbai) and Hemant Godse (Nashik) -- finished runners-up with an impressive vote tally of 1,59,729 and 2,16,661 respectively, while in other constituencies the party nominees ended up third.

In south Mumbai, Nandgaonkar (MNS) was trailing Milind Deora (Congress), who got 2,72,411, while Mohan Rawle (Sena) 1,46,111.

In other five constituencies like Mumbai North, North West, North Central, North East and South Central, the MNS candidates were placed third.

In north Mumbai, Shirish Parkar (MNS) was placed third with 1,47,502 votes. Sanjay Nirupam (Congress) was the front-runner with 2,55,157 votes, while veteran BJP leader and former Union minister Ram Naik (BJP) got 2,49,378.

In north west Mumbai, Gurudas Kamat (Congress) polled 2,53,920 votes, while Gajanan Kirtikar (Sena) 2,15,533 and Shalini Thackeray (MNS) polled 1,23,885.

In south central Mumbai, Eknath Gaikwad (Congress) secured 2,57,523 votes, while Suresh Gambhir (Sena) got 1,81,817 and Shweta Parulekar (MNS) 1,08,341.

In north central Mumbai, Priya Dutt (Congress) polled 3,19,352, while Mahesh Jethmalani (BJP) got 1,44,797 and Shilpa Sarpotdar (MNS) 1,32,555 votes.

In north east Mumbai, Sanjay Patil (NCP) got 2,13,505, while Kirit Somaiya (BJP) 2,10,572 and Shishir Shinde (MNS) polled 1,95,148 votes.

In Nashik, Samir Bhujbal (NCP) polled 2,38,693, while MNS candidate Hemant Godse got 2,16,661 and Sena's Datta Gaikwad got 1,58,239.

In Pune, MNS candidate did not fare well comparatively as he polled 55,120 votes.

In neighbouring Thane district too, the MNS secured 18.31 of an aggregate 38 percentage of votes and established its presence in the district, the analysts said.

Considering its performance in the just-concluded Lok Sabha elections, the MNS could deal a major blow in the assembly elections due in October.

I feel Congress-NCP government acted smartly after the non Marathi episode by not taking any action against Raj as they very well knew that MNS can cut the votes of Shiv Sena in Maharashtra. Congress-NCP new that MNS is not capable of winning lot of seats but they knew that Raj can make a big hole in Shiv Sena's vote bank.

Last edited:
This shows how stuipd they are.. they need to ask them selves what they did wrong..!!! not the marthi public.. see his arrogance!!! Stupid..!!!

This shows how stuipd they are.. they need to ask them selves what they did wrong..!!! not the marthi public.. see his arrogance!!! Stupid..!!!

I think he is talking about the Marathi vote which got divided and enabled the Congress to waltz in the Mumbai seats.
The Congress also increased its North Indian votes as they moved away from the BJP-Shiv Sena combine.
The State Congress is a mess but this infighting is good for them. They can come back in the state elections in 4 months by default .

Can you please enlighten me where did i show arrogance and why I am stupid:what:???

Back
Top Bottom