What's new

Batsman smashes 228 off 65 at Twenty20 match

Gentle Typhoon

Reaction score
Kumar Sarna blasted 228 not out off only 65 balls, 22 sixes and 17 fours

ICC+19+Cricket+World+Cup+Official+Team+Photo+_bh8KLgVjG5l.jpg

Major teams - Australia Under-19s, Dandenong, Victoria Emerging Players, Victoria Second XI, Victoria Under-19s

FORMER Victorian rookie batsman Kumar Sarna blasted 228 not out off only 65 balls in a Twenty20 match at Croydon last night.

Playing for Wonga Park in the Ringwood and District Cricket Association, Sarna creamed 22 sixes and 17 fours against Croydon North.

His team smashed 4/277 and won by 148 runs.

“It was incredible to watch, just awesome,’’ Wonga Park coach Bruce Waldron said.

“In the end you just had to stand there and laugh, he was that good.

“I don’t think I’ll see anything like that again.’
‘

Collingwood premiership star Dale Thomas was a guest player for Wonga Park and made 20 in a partnership of 102 with Sarna.

“Daisy was like everyone, just in awe of the way Kumar batted,’’ Waldron said.

Indian-born Sarna, 21, walked out of Victorian cricket in October, 2008, saying he needed a break from the game.

“I’m not motivated enough. I’m not enjoying the game enough. I’m not as motivated as I should be,’’ he said at the time.

He returned to India and chased an IPL contract but has since returned to Melbourne.

Waldron said he hoped the innings would revive Sarna’s interest in big cricket.

Sarna represented the Australian Under 19 team at the 2008 Youth World Cup and also played for the Victorian Second XI.

What a talent, Only 21 years of age, Hopefully he will represent Australia national team. :cheers:

Don't watch cricket much, but if he made it to the headlines it must be very good. :cheers:

There was a srilankan Batsman who had hit ~290 runs in 75 odd balls few years back..

From today............Cricket has officially become baseball game

Back
Top Bottom