What's new

Bangladesh yet to respond on India's offer to manufacture Covaxin

Lol vaccine so effective people are breathing from a cylinder or contributing to global warming by burning their dead ***

Lol vaccine so effective people are breathing from a cylinder or contributing to global warming by burning their dead ***

Dhur Mia..

Atleast their vaccine got cleared and is being administered, ours will begin human trials when daddy salman finishes his jerk off session and gives the go ahead.

Dhur Mia..

Atleast their vaccine got cleared and is being administered, ours will begin human trials when daddy salman finishes his jerk off session and gives the go ahead.

Darbesh has lost his marbles. I don't think BMRC needs his approval to approve clinical trials though for vaccines.

Darbesh has lost his marbles. I don't think BMRC needs his approval to approve clinical trials though for vaccines.

He's been pressuring the government and actively discouraging them from going after other sources for vaccines..

This is a fact.

He may be doing the same to hinder the success of the globe biotech vaccine, afterall, that'll kill his profits.

Actually US's Fauci says that it is very effective against one of the new variants in India.

It did not make difference in India as it was given to probably less than 1% of the Indian population so far. AstraZeneca is the major vaccine the Indians have been using.

Anyway, BD should not take this offer as it looks like a lame attempt to persuade BD to not press ahead with its own vaccine.

BD is now going down the route of local production of Russian vaccine and has given the green-light to human trials on its own vaccine. With all going well, BD could be using its own vaccine in the 2nd half of this year and this has immense strategic health and economic benefits.

He's been pressuring the government and actively discouraging them from going after other sources for vaccines..

This is a fact.

He may be doing the same to hinder the success of the globe biotech vaccine, afterall, that'll kill his profits.

Without going into conflict and theatrics, Globe should just pay off the right people at BMRC (even higher up in the health ministry including the minister) and get stuff done as far as approvals. I don't think Darbesh will try anything to stop it, because he has no vaccine, Indian or otherwise.

Once Globe completes trials and gets local approval to sell vaccine (and given if Globe can handle the media properly), govt. will be too embarrassed not to buy Globe's vaccine for the public.

I heard Incepta Pharma got picked for producing Sputnik 5 in Bangladesh. Not Beximco.

So Bex-Pharma has "hatey hurricane" basically. That should teach him to place his bets with the Indians. :-)

Dhur Mia..

Dude seriously Hasina needs to drop all her men and think about the akhira 😂
Without going into conflict and theatrics, Globe should just pay off the right people at BMRC (even higher up in the health ministry including the minister) and get stuff done as far as approvals. I don't think Darbesh will try anything to stop it, because he has no vaccine, Indian or otherwise.

Once Globe completes trials and gets local approval to sell vaccine (and given if Globe can handle the media properly), govt. will be too embarrassed not to buy Globe's vaccine for the public.

I heard Incepta Pharma got picked for producing Sputnik 5 in Bangladesh. Not Beximco.

So Bex-Pharma has "hatey hurricane" basically. That should teach him to place his bets with the Indians. :-)
Bruh beximco is so shady in its business practices looked into their share prices, they keep diluting to bring in more money effectively making shares worthless now they got a bond issued with a private bank that has options to convert to shares after 5 years I reckon he won’t be able to pay money in 5 years and just give people shares in his company which he will then proceed to dilute, fucking crook

Dude seriously Hasina needs to drop all her men and think about the akhira 😂

Bruh beximco is so shady in its business practices looked into their share prices, they keep diluting to bring in more money effectively making shares worthless now they got a bond issued with a private bank that has options to convert to shares after 5 years I reckon he won’t be able to pay money in 5 years and just give people shares in his company which he will then proceed to dilute, fucking crook

Yeah I know some of their top people and so do some of my friends at the Dhaka Chamber, always trying underhanded ways to cheat shareholders. Many years ago, they formed a bank, just so they could default on the industrial loans arranged through that bank. I think it was Ershad's time I was told.

They are indeed crooks.

Bangladesh yet to respond on India's offer to manufacture Covaxin

Indrani Bagchi | TNN | Apr 27, 2021, 22:04 IST
82278858.jpg
TNN
NEW DELHI: Even as Bangladesh is shopping for Chinese and Russian vaccines, Dhaka missed an opportunity to become a production centre for Covaxin, with Indian assistance, which could have made them more self-sufficient.

This week, Bangladesh suspended the next round of vaccination with the Covishield vaccine
from Serum Institute, India has renewed its offer to Bangladesh to set up a co-production facility in Bangladesh to manufacture the Covaxin. However, the offer, which was first made by India in December 2020, is yet to receive a response from Bangladesh, said sources in Dhaka.

Local media reported that the Indian high commission served a ‘note verbale’ (an informal diplomatic missive) renewing India’s offer.

Bangladesh preferred to import the Covishield
vaccine from Serum Institute and sell to their citizens. The Indian offer, envisaged two things — one, that Bangladesh would be able to manufacture for its citizens, and second, could also export in the region.

India has sent 103 lakh doses of Covishield to Bangladesh so far, the first consignment being on January 21 — 33 lakh has been gifted and 70 lakh purchased by Bangladesh government. They have ordered another 20 lakh doses which has now been delayed, given India’s own demands.

India had even agreed to fund phase 3 trials for Covaxin in Bangladesh. But there has been no response from the Bangladesh government.

Bharat Biotech and International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh had signed an agreement in December 2020 to conduct phase 3 trials for Covaxin in Bangladesh. The

Sheikh Hasina government is yet to approve the trial. Now, Bangladesh is stuck, but it could have been in a much better place to vaccinate its people. India was empowering Bangladesh, instead of only being a market.

With Covishield now proving difficult to access, Bangladesh is seeking to buy the Chinese Sinopharm and the Russian Sputnik vaccines. Local media reported that the Bangladesh government had not taken the Covaxin, or the Chinese or Russian vaccines because they had not been approved by WHO. However, now they find themselves in a spot.

In view of India’s second Covid wave, Bangladesh has imposed an embargo on land movements from India. Bangladesh’s own surge has been fairly steep as well, forcing the country into a lockdown earlier this month.

Indian's offer, just like their projects and commitment, don't materialize in 20 years

Back
Top Bottom