What's new

Bangladesh won't lease out St Martin's Island (for me) to hold on to power: PM Hasina

Raja Gayeswsr Roy of BNP told the audience that Hasina is too eager to lease St. Martin island to America if it allows another midnight voting without voters.

At this point, I won't even be surprised if Hasina takes a leaf out of the moon landing conspiracy theories to take on the US. lol

It’s a very shrewd policy from Hasina.

St Matins is an island that cannot even cope with mid sized ferries. But somehow USA will change geology and turn it into a deep sea port lol

She knows her claims are bonkers. But also knows common bangladeshis, especially the Islamist leaning ones, loath the great Satan.

Next she will link USA, Bin Laden and Jamat.

It will be hilarious and I cannot wait.

However, USA does want a base in the Bay of Bengal.

And Hasina has used that threat expertly to keep India and China on her side.

Neither countries trust the BNP to keep USA at bay (no pun intended).

It’s a very shrewd policy from Hasina.

St Matins is an island that cannot even cope with mid sized ferries. But somehow USA will change geology and turn it into a deep sea port lol

She knows her claims are bonkers. But also knows common bangladeshis, especially the Islamist leaning ones, loath the great Satan.

Next she will link USA, Bin Laden and Jamat.

It will be hilarious and I cannot wait.

However, USA does want a base in the Bay of Bengal.

And Hasina has used that threat expertly to keep India and China on her side.

Neither countries trust the BNP to keep USA at bay (no pun intended).

A national leader promoting conspiracy theories is not shrewd rather hilarious.

It only shows she's too emotional and too incompetent to tackle diplomatic hurdles within geopolitical conflicts, and we are gonna get more of it.

If you think people will sympathize with her then no, people are way smarter than you think.

Yup - absolutely valid point. She has failed to apply leverage with India (Modi) completely on ALL issues.

I can point out her failure on the trade front to apply tit-for-tat tariffs on Indian products as well, like they apply on ours.

This is why Modi keeps supporting her, Bangladesh is by all means a trade vassal of India, consuming goods and services amounting close to $50 Billion or so every year....while we export a paltry $2 Billion to them yearly, which Indian trade and High commission officials term sarcastically as an "achievement" by Bangladesh.

If we started applying heavy tariffs on their exports to us then you'll see them start to grovel. Shokter bhokto, noromer Jom......

Just horrible records of Hasina's diplomatic and trade policy failures on all fronts despite our economy doing far better than India.

We wasted the opportunity big time.

And what is this Jasad idiot INU still doing licking her boots and Modi's as well?

Pak- where ever u.s base is all asudden terror and border conflicts come prevalent, as its developing work and poc

Back
Top Bottom