Bangladesh wants to introduce ferry service, read to play cricket in Pakistan

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Bangladesh wants to introduce ferry service between Karachi and Chittagong: HC

RECORDER REPORT
MULTAN (June 07 2010): Bangladesh High Commissioner Designate Mehfooz-u-Rehman has said Bangleshi cricket team was ready to play in Pakistan and hoped that both countries would promote the healthy sport activities in two brethren countries.

Talking to newsmen on Sunday at Multan Press Club the high commissioner said that Bangladesh wanted to inroduce a ferry service between Karachi and Chittagong to promote the bilateral trade and we had agreed in Saarc conference to develop the free trade among the member countries and relaxing the visa restrictions. He disclosed that Bangladesh government was actively considering a proposal to establish its consulate in Multan, which is an historical and ancient city of the world.

He said that Multan is a city of Soofis, spiritual saints like Bahauddin Zikiriya, Shah Rukn-i-Alam, Hazrat Moosa Pak Shaheed, Shah Shams Sabzwari who had preached the message of peace, love and tolerance. Mehfooz said that people of Bangladesh and Pakistan have a common past and collective efforts are needed to cement bilateral relations and exchange of delegations is of vital importance in this regard.

I seriously hope that this ferry is not made. Bangladesh has the highest population density in the world and millions are leaving that country every year setting up slum colonies wherever they go.

Pakistan already has an estimated 1.5 million illegal Bangladeshi's just in Karachi's. They have brought their poverty, sicknesses, are competing for Pakistani jobs against the native (as they work for a fraction the cost of native Pakistani's), they have been easily manipulated by terror groups,criminals and crime syndicates, and act as a parasitic economy, funneling all the money (illegal/legal) back to Bangladesh and out of Pakistan.

We havent even started to deport the current large illegal population back to bangladesh. Adding this ferry, will likely increase the problem. I hope our government and people in general have the right sense of mind to do the right thing and say Nooooo!!! If anything, Pakistan should set up ferry services to other more developed nations so that our own workers can go there! and help increase the foreign remittance back to our beloved Pakistan

How is the ferry supposed to travel? Along the Bay of Bengal, a kiss on the Indian Ocean and then Travel in the God Almighty "ARABIAN" Ocean? Talk about thinking out of the Box!!

I seriously hope that this ferry is not made. Bangladesh has the highest population density in the world and millions are leaving that country every year setting up slum colonies wherever they go.

Pakistan already has an estimated 1.5 million illegal Bangladeshi's just in Karachi's. They have brought their poverty, sicknesses, are competing for Pakistani jobs against the native (as they work for a fraction the cost of native Pakistani's), they have been easily manipulated by terror groups,criminals and crime syndicates, and act as a parasitic economy, funneling all the money (illegal/legal) back to Bangladesh and out of Pakistan.

We havent even started to deport the current large illegal population back to bangladesh. Adding this ferry, will likely increase the problem. I hope our government and people in general have the right sense of mind to do the right thing and say Nooooo!!! If anything, Pakistan should set up ferry services to other more developed nations so that our own workers can go there! and help increase the foreign remittance back to our beloved Pakistan

I am stunned you said that, how dare you speak the truth :confused:

so true. .bangladeshi illegal migrant is also a headache for india..

We should start ferry service with countries Like Iran and Gulf countries .

I think Bangladeshi brothers are forgetting that theres a huge landmass called india between us and it will take forever for the ferry to reach Bangladesh from Karachi, Pakistan and vice versa. india has always been between us literally and that always has been a problem.

A ferry service from Karachi, Pakistan or Gwadar, Pakistan to UAE might not be a bad idea at all.

I like to stick to the traditional definition of a ferry:

ferry - Definition of ferry at YourDictionary.com

transitive verb ferried -·ried, ferrying -·ry·ing

1.to take (people, cars, etc.) across a river or narrow body of water in a boat, raft, etc.
2.to cross (a river, etc.) on a ferry..

This is across THREE bodies of water - Bay of Bengal, Indian Ocean, and the Arabian Sea.

Sounds more like an ocean going Ship than a ferry...

We havent even started to deport the current large illegal population back to bangladesh. Adding this ferry, will likely increase the problem. I hope our government and people in general have the right sense of mind to do the right thing and say Nooooo!!!

How will they go to Pakistan with out proper document. People can not just jump into a international bound ferry with out visa. This service most likely benefit Pakistan because most likely rich bd's would go there for visit. :)

You must be thinking 1970's BD. Economy of BD is not that bad as you may have thought of it though I will not deny the fact that there is still a lots of poor out there. If you have illegal Bd's then your government must press Bd's government for deportation. Most of them probabley went there during 60's to 70's.

We will not die with out this ferry service. We are almost sufficient in food security as well as national budget. :coffee:

By the way, May be number is not that high but we do have many Pakistani work in poor BD and we welcome even more if they desire. We only charge $5 visa fee for Pakistani brothers ( I guess we stuck in past) only while you charge us $150. We do not complain:)

You have about 10 to 15 millions Afghans in Pakistan. How do feel about them? Just curious!!!:undecided:

You should forward this post to appropriate personal to kill this proposal. :tup:

If anything, Pakistan should set up ferry services to other more developed nations so that our own workers can go there! and help increase the foreign remittance back to our beloved Pakistan

Yes I agree but they will show same remorse as you have shown against poor Bangladesh. Good luck. :pakistan:

Last edited:
Pakistan should have nothing to do with the Bengalis.

yes I agree. Pakistan is better position to withdrew it's high commissioner from Dhaka but for some weird reason it has not even though present Bangladesh government shown much disrespect to Pak high commissioner. :angel:

Actually you guyz are missing the most important point. Bangladesh team is ready to play in Pakistan

A friend in need is a friend indeed

@Al-Zakir

forgive him yaar, he doesn't know the importance of both country's relationship. Ignorance is indeed a bliss :D

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom