What's new

Bangladesh to bid for non permanent UNSC seat for 2016-2017

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Bangladesh to bid for non permanent UNSC seat for 2016-2017

Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Mohamed Mijarul Quayes confirms Bangladesh's bid for the non-permanent membership of the UNSC for the period of 2016-17.

Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Mohamed Mijarul Quayes told this to Sri Lankan Foreign Secretary Romesh Jayasinghe yesterday.

Mijarul Quayes sought support for Bangladesh's candidature for the non-permanent membership of the UNSC for the period of 2016-17. The Sri Lankan side assured him of considering the request.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/91251-bangladesh-sri-lanka-sign-six-deals.html

India should support BD.

I hope that time government is not of AL otherwise AL stood, awami bharati propoganda.

Yeah yeah! for all the love they have for us, as is evident in the forum. Majority of the threads they have are of "India bashing". Little do they realize there mere existence on planet Earth as a Bangladeshi, is thanks to India.

Pakis creating "hate India" or flame threads is understandable to a certain extent, but not Bangladeshis. Though, i do agree they do not represent the entire nation of Bangladesh, but the majority of the Bangladeshi members here spit out venom at us which puzzles me.

Being a newbie in this forum, was surprised at this kinda attitude towards India and Indians.

Yeah yeah! for all the love they have for us, as is evident in the forum. Majority of the threads they have are of "India bashing". Little do they realize there mere existence on planet Earth as a Bangladeshi, is thanks to India.

Pakis creating "hate India" or flame threads is understandable to a certain extent, but not Bangladeshis. Though, i do agree they do not represent the entire nation of Bangladesh, but the majority of the Bangladeshi members here spit out venom at us which puzzles me.

Being a newbie in this forum, was surprised at this kinda attitude towards India and Indians.

If you go thru dailystars opinion poll, or follow any independant major opinion poll, you will find that at least 80% of the people are against any sorts of deal with India.

Offensive term. Reported

can someone explain to me what's this non permanent UNSC seat

thingie?:undecided:

can someone explain to me what's this non permanent UNSC seat

thingie?:undecided:

There are 15 members of the Security Council, consisting of five veto-wielding permanent members (China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States) and 10 elected non-permanent members with two-year terms. This basic structure is set out in Chapter V of the UN CharterTen other members are elected by the General Assembly for two-year terms starting on 1 January, with five replaced each year. The members are chosen by regional groups and confirmed by the United Nations General Assembly. The African bloc chooses three members; the Latin America and the Caribbean, Asian, and Western European and Others blocs choose two members each; and the Eastern European bloc chooses one member. Also, one of these members is an "Arab country," alternately from the Asian or African bloc

we were non permanent member in 1976/77.

Pakis creating "hate India" or flame threads is understandable to a certain extent, but not Bangladeshis.
Do not use this offensive term again. Post reported.

LMAO you should see the attitudes of Indians towards Bangladesh and Pakistan on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom