What's new

Bangladesh Signs Contract With Turkey To Produce Artillery Ammunition Locally

Now what I’m wondering is if these shells will be compatible with Nora SPG I reckon it will be since Nora is nato standard? (Correct me if I’m wrong)
This news goes well with the rumor we might be getting 105mm Turkish artillery. Now I wouldn’t count 155mm out either since we’re getting manufacturing plant for shells from them. Good news nonetheless
we should get the M777 howitzer with guided ammunition (155mm)
1624793727753.png

Yeah I guess lol , aren't those made by BAE systems ?
yea it can fire the excalibur round too

The M777 may be combined with the M982 Excalibur GPS-guided munition, which allows accurate fire at a range of up to 40 km (25 mi). This almost doubles the area covered by a single battery to about 1,250 km2 (480 sq mi). Testing at the Yuma Proving Ground by the US Army placed 13 of 14 Excalibur rounds, fired from up to 24 kilometres (15 mi), within 10 m (33 ft) of their target, suggesting a circular error probable of 5 m (16 ft).

and can be carried by helicopter for deployment in our hilly border with burmese
1624794135876.png

I would prefer 155mm SPG since they’re extremely heavy we can have static 105mm
But hey I’m not complaining if we get m777 :)
m777 isn't even that heavy tbh (4.2 tons ) can any of our helos carry them though.
1 c130 can carry two M777 with ammunition.
. speaking of SPG, i heard we got the Chinese SPG back in 2005 but Khaleda didn't like it and sent them back and we got the wheeled spg ?

m777 isn't even that heavy tbh (4.2 tons ) can any of our helos carry them though.
. speaking of SPG, i heard we got the Chinese SPG back in 2005 but Khaleda didn't like it and sent them back and we got the wheeled spg ?
True that. She did so many non sensical things during her reign

True that. She did so many non sensical things during her reign

There was talk of getting PLZ-45s back then but that never materialised.

surprised we didn't go for tracked SPG given the BD terrain.
SPG batteries don't need to be able to enter every swamp in the country. All they need to do is get to the closest accessible spot, shoot and scoot.

Being wheeled platforms, the SPG batteries can quickly move from one district to another and have longer driving range compared to tracked SPGs.
Tracked vehicles need to "cuddled" every step of the way using transporters, rail, cranes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom