What's new

Bangladesh proposes India to hold Covid-19 vaccine trial here

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
Dhaka wants Delhi to hold Covid-19 vaccine trial in Bangladesh to control the pandemic, which is affecting the economies and livelihoods of people.

"We offered that we can extend our assistance, if needed, especially in terms of vaccine trial, we are ready," Bangladesh's Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen told media after a meeting with visiting Indian Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla at Hotel Sonargaon in Dhaka today.

The Indian side positively responded, saying that they are developing vaccines not only for themselves but also for others; Bangladesh will get priority, he said.

Masud Bin Momen also said that Bangladesh has a good number of pharmaceutical companies with the capacity of vaccine production.

"We sought their cooperation in creating collaboration to that end," he said.

The Indian foreign secretary arrived in Dhaka yesterday.

He called on the prime minister at her official residence GonoBhaban around 7:30pm and discussed post Covid-19 economic recovery and cooperation, officials said.

Source- https://www.thedailystar.net/bangla...9-vaccine-trial-here-1947513?browserpush=true

Bangladesh practices sterilization program for Rohingyas already.

This comes as no surprise.

Screenshot_20200817-100121.png

It was either this or war to control your population. Atleast this way you stay in that swamp
I am from India. And your comment has nothing to do with the topic.
More than 1 m Bangladeshis come to India for medical reasons every year. Thats the reason they trust our vaccines. Though i feel it was premature for their minister to propose trials in BD.

I am from India. And your comment has nothing to do with the topic.
More than 1 m Bangladeshis come to India for medical reasons every year. Thats the reason they trust our vaccines. Though i feel it was premature for their minister to propose trials in BD.

You need to flatten your curve first

The Bangladesh FM also added in the same press release that Bangladesh Pharma companies are capable of developing vaccines (in fact some already have and are on the way to develop vaccines). We don't HAVE to get vaccine trials from India but it is a courtesy accorded to India just like that we accord to China.

Hope India also allows our vaccines to be trialed in India if they want us to trial their vaccines. The vaccine trial request came from their foreign secretary Mr. Shringla while he was visiting Dhaka recently and it was on the back of the recent offer of Chinese vaccine trialing in Bangladesh which Bangladesh recently may have agreed to (or not).

Not all vaccines act the same way and there are differences in the way how they become effective. We need to test all vaccines to find the best and most effective one. @Michael Corleone would you know more about this brother?

Corona virus has spun out of control In India - poor governance and leadership has led to millions suffering and many losing their lives. India is months possibly years away from a safe vaccine. Bangladesh will be waiting a long time if they are reliant on India.

Corona virus has spun out of control In India - poor governance and leadership has led to millions suffering and many losing their lives. India is months possibly years away from a safe vaccine. Bangladesh will be waiting a long time if they are reliant on India.
are you sure, a new study states 86% indian think modi did a great job on corona virus
there wasn't a question to state who is responsible for corona deaths, but my guess is the most popular answer would have been ISI

are you sure, a new study states 86% indian think modi did a great job on corona virus
there wasn't a question to state who is responsible for corona deaths, but my guess is the most popular answer would have been ISI
Everything he touches turns to crap. The way lockdown was organised - the lack of testing - lack of basic hygiene - lack of food and people living on top of each other was the perfect storm - of course without doubt Modi will blame his boogeyman -Pakistan.
I guess they probably asked 100 sanghi and 86 said Modi is graaaaaate - the other 14 probably couldn’t read

Hope India also allows our vaccines to be trialed in India if they want us to trial their vaccines.
LOL woah! Someone's got a giant ego that's hurt. Sure, once you develop a vaccine, complete three stages of Human trials, and have a report that's credible enough.

India conducts around eight hundred thousand tests a day, Pakistan conduct twenty thousand tests and declared almost covid free.
Has this thread anything to do with Pakistan? Why compare always with Pakistan? India corona virus cases are completely out of control and the whole fiasco was poorly organised. The way Modi forced lockdown -
Testing - lack of food for those that couldn’t work was a complete shambles.
Why the heck do you little Indians compare yourselves to a nation 7 times smaller - if you want to compare - do it with China

Has this thread anything to do with Pakistan? Why compare always with Pakistan? India corona virus cases are completely out of control and the whole fiasco was poorly organised. The way Modi forced lockdown -
Testing - lack of food for those that couldn’t work was a complete shambles.
Why the heck do you little Indians compare yourselves to a nation 7 times smaller - if you want to compare - do it with China
:blah: I'm not giving a comparison but showing your Tu quoque fallacy in your argument and saying when you test more, there can be a definitive answer on the reality. Also calling your BS out of lack of testing.

:blah: I'm not giving a comparison but showing your Tu quoque fallacy in your argument and saying when you test more, there can be a definitive answer on the reality. Also calling your BS out of lack of testing.
Firstly I actually live in the UK - secondly the obsession in Indians is deep - to bring Pakistan into every thread - I guess that’s probably why you are on a Pakistani forum - that speaks volumes.
Frankly anyone trying to suggest India has been competent in this suggest blindness to the facts. Look at the state of the situation without getting emotional. People catching it sky high - lack of funding - lack of basic hygiene tools - lack of government support - lack of feeding those unable to work and you want to bring Pakistan into this. Grow up.

Firstly I actually live in the UK - secondly the obsession in Indians is deep - to bring Pakistan into every thread - I guess that’s probably why you are on a Pakistani forum - that speaks volumes.
Anything other than blabbering? I guess not.

Back
Top Bottom