What's new

Bangladesh prepares strategy paper for Rohingyas

I understand your concern about Rohingyas but kicking genuine citizen of Bangladesh who themselves feel offended when called by the name burmese is outrageous.

They are no different than the rohingya accross the border. There are spill over of people across borders and there is nothing wrong with that. The Burmese defines the rakhines as one of their people, how long before these people make territorial claims on BD.

I am not merely concerned about the plight of rohingyas I am mortified. They are our people. What is happening to them is exactly comparable to Burmese killing people in the heart of Chittagong, Rajshahi, Khulna or Dhaka.

It will not serve the nations interest to allow the Burmese to remain within us. They do not consider themselves as Bangladeshi and even if they do it is irrelevant. Their cultural mindset is closed and they define nation in terms of race. Rohingyas will move in to BD whatever happens. Only thing we need to decide is do we assist the rakhine in their pursuit of racially homogenious arakan. I say we do by sending their people back to them. If they are unable to live with our people accross the border then logic follows they will be unable to live with us within our border. As such they must leave.

I understand the legal position of these Burmese in BD. But when faced with accepting genocide of our people and certain existential treat from the Burmese in our midst legal niceities must be abandoned. The Burmese in BD are Burmese legally according to Burmese law, as such I do believe we can push them out from being illigal aliens.

The goal of this project is to aid and abet in the Rohingya genocide by the Burmese.
:cuckoo:
This is to ensure the Rohingyas never get a foothold or base in BD to help in their struggle against the Burmese invaders. This strategy could only have been prepared by Delhi in collusion with Nepawdaw under their common strategy of ethnic cleansing of Muslims.

The government of BD will just make sure that all Rohingyas living in BD are accounted for and registered. SO that when the time comes and there is peace in Myanmar, all the refugees can be repatriated back to their country without burden on Bangladeshi tax payers. Not to mention the various ways new comers cause friction in the societies they come into.

You act like all the Rohingyas should be allowed into your country. Why don't you take them into your house? The colonies which these aliens join don't want them.

:cuckoo:

The government of BD will just make sure that all Rohingyas living in BD are accounted for and registered. SO that when the time comes and there is peace in Myanmar, all the refugees can be repatriated back to their country without burden on Bangladeshi tax payers. Not to mention the various ways new comers cause friction in the societies they come into.

You act like all the Rohingyas should be allowed into your country. Why don't you take them into your house? The colonies which these aliens join don't want them.

The goal of the Arakanese have all along been expulsion of the Burmese invaders. BD people at large support this.

O BHAIRA AAMAR,AEK MAAGHE SHEET JAENA.one small crack in the wall will bring down BD strategy about rohingas like Rana plaza.we need to be strong and strict. We need to protect what's ours for next generation. I cannot leave my children where within next 20 so years they will be called outsiders by ever growing out of control rohinga/rakhain population. We need to act fast.and get our priorities straight.

The goal of the Arakanese have all along been expulsion of the Burmese invaders. BD people at large support this.
If you take in people, it supports the Arakanese claim that Rohingyas are Bangladeshis who crossed the border and settled in Myanmar. It is easier for them to kick Rohingyas out. So unless you are planning to attack Myanmar and carve out some territory for Rohingyas, you are not helping them, but hurting them by hastening their exodus.

If you take in people, it supports the Arakanese claim that Rohingyas are Bangladeshis who crossed the border and settled in Myanmar. It is easier for them to kick Rohingyas out. So unless you are planning to attack Myanmar and carve out some territory for Rohingyas, you are not helping them, but hurting them by hastening their exodus.

1.As neighbors they deserve our sympathy in this hour of peril. As Muslims it is enjoined upon us to help them without reservation.

2. I history, Arakan was invaded by the Burmans whenever Bengal was weak. Again it was Bengal which always had to help the Arakanese evict the Burmese from Arakan.

The rohinga situation is pretty critical.the burmese foes don't want any rohingas or muslim there . and the the burmese ppl also. so the calm time will never come in there. 2nd the rohingas are a social problem too mostly are commited to the crime and bd is a great sufferer.i know its not right but sometimes i want to kick a$$es those bd rakhain here .when the burmese called the rohingas are bangladeshi ppl and their language is nearly to the bangla then how come the local rakhains are bangladeshi here when their language is burmese and look like the mongol.bangladesh should strongly protest this issue to the internation comunity . but i doubt who can do it! surely the tourist foreign minister dipumoni can do a $hit. we need prof.younus who has a power to the west and he can do it

Rohingyas should atleast stand up for themselves and fight for their rights.I don't have a problem keeping refugees for a certain amount of time.But if they do not fight their situation in Myanmar we can't help them.Evicting Bangladeshi citizens to bring in other people is not a feasible idea.

Rohingyas should atleast stand up for themselves and fight for their rights.I don't have a problem keeping refugees for a certain amount of time.But if they do not fight their situation in Myanmar we can't help them.Evicting Bangladeshi citizens to bring in other people is not a feasible idea.

What will they fight with? Sticks and stones? Those guys are literally in the stone ages.

I say that we offer Myanmar economic incentives through trade and investment. But at the same time, let Rohingyas have a stand and say over there. We need to negotiate about the matter with them, not behave arrogantly like Hasina. Citizenship for them should be done slowly through a process, and not hastily like what the AL is trying to do.

While Myanmar is assured a bright economic future, I see no reason for the current troubles to be getting worse. We have to contribute by helping them economically along with all other nations.

I'm sure we can have a healthy economic relationship with them. It'll be a win-win situation.

What will they fight with? Sticks and stones? Those guys are literally in the stone ages.

I say that we offer Myanmar economic incentives through trade and investment. But at the same time, let Rohingyas have a stand and say over there. We need to negotiate about the matter with them, not behave arrogantly like Hasina. Citizenship for them should be done slowly through a process, and not hastily like what the AL is trying to do.

While Myanmar is assured a bright economic future, I see no reason for the current troubles to be getting worse. We have to contribute by helping them economically along with all other nations.

I'm sure we can have a healthy economic relationship with them. It'll be a win-win situation.

Sorry bro,maybe its me who did not understand the situation. But I suggest you (all)check what ethnic cleansing means.its a matter of time but Burmese has a agenda and they will follow it through. After lifting the ban from Myanmar they are doing business with outside world/worldwide. We can help someone who's asking for it.Shouldn't interfere into internal matter.yes,true, but if it makes us victim on the process don't you think we must protest? The decision of making rohingas our citizens is outrageous and insult to any Bangladeshi.We can have a healthy relation with them when Myanmar starts taking back their citizens in to their respective homeland.

I agree with @the just....you can't pay someone not to continue a holocaust.They are hell bent on killing rohingyas or driving them away.Only Rohingyas can put an end to it.We can provide support if they are willing to fight.We can provide diplomatic support like India and Russia did with us.But ultimately its upto the Rohingyas.We stood up for our rights even before we were provided with weapons to fight an actual war.Rohingyas have to do the same and I haven't heard of any such uprising among them.The best we can do now is to gather support from the international community from friends like Korea and Japan,Malaysia and Indoneseia and go to UN and ask for them to provide security for Rohingyas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry bro,maybe its me who did not understand the situation. But I suggest you (all)check what ethnic cleansing means.its a matter of time but Burmese has a agenda and they will follow it through. After lifting the ban from Myanmar they are doing business with outside world/worldwide. We can help someone who's asking for it.Shouldn't interfere into internal matter.yes,true, but if it makes us victim on the process don't you think we must protest? The decision of making rohingas our citizens is outrageous and insult to any Bangladeshi.We can have a healthy relation with them when Myanmar starts taking back their citizens in to their respective homeland.

The question is: Why are they doing it? They are also wreaking all sorts of shenanigans against Burmese national Muslims.

That country has been diplomatically, and economically isolated for half a century. And half a century is a very, very long time.

And believe it or not, it is only until recently that proposals from companies like Coca-Cola and Unilever (Lux soaps and the crap) are popping up for the very first time in their country! :lol:

Youth unemployment had always been very high over there. EXTREMELY HIGH.

Many of the well-off ones go abroad to study or work. While many of the rest do all sorts of...."stuff". Some even become monks in various monasteries where they receive free food and shelter. So that gives us an idea of what they are really all about.

They are making the Muslims of Myanmar (in particular to the relatively wealthy Panthays) as scapegoats for their economic and social woes. It'd be irresponsible on our part to increase that burden on them.

We've been sleeping for the past 30+ years over this issue, it wouldn't hurt to give out an olive branch for starters. I strongly suggest that we start off from a positive footing. If they don't respond positively, then yes; we'd have to take a heavier hand like what you are suggesting.

I agree with @the just....you can't pay someone not to continue a holocaust.They are hell bent on killing rohingyas or driving them away.Only Rohingyas can put an end to it.We can provide support if they are willing to fight.We can provide diplomatic support like India and Russia did with us.But ultimately its upto the Rohingyas.We stood up for our rights even before we were provided with weapons to fight an actual war.Rohingyas have to do the same and I haven't heard of any such uprising among them.The best we can do now is to gather support from the international community from friends like Korea and Japan,Malaysia and Indoneseia and go to UN and ask for them to provide security for Rohingyas.

Last time I checked Indonesia and Malaysia, they voted to lift sanctions against Myanmar. Myanmar is also a member of ASEAN. What would a zoo of paper tigers do? Hmm...?

Anyhow, that'll give them some economic clout over Myanmar and hence influence them such that security for Muslims and Rohingyans can be ensured.

That is why I said that Bangladesh should engage in economic activities with Myanmar, and actually negotiate the Rohginya matter directly with them rather than asking somebody else to do the job for us (which is downright arrogant and perhaps cowardly. Compliments from our fine foreign minister).

Arming a Muslim insurgency is not Bangladesh's cup of tea. Not even China nor India can do it. In other words, it is quite unthinkable on Bangladesh's part. Expect ASEAN members to take a similar stand as well. That'll invite more trouble for the nation's Muslim minorities.

If dialogue doesn't help, and they keep creating refugees and other crap, they'll inevitably wind up like Yugoslavia (ethnic and religious divisions are still deep). And I do hope those Burmans aren't as stupid as the Serbs were.

All I'm saying is that we need to have a realistic strategy for dealing with Myanmar. But sadly, I doubt our leaders (both AL and BNP) would have any such vision; let alone commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad you guys are finally accepting the link of commonality between Bangladeshis and 'Rohingyas'.

I am glad you guys are finally accepting the link of commonality between Bangladeshis and 'Rohingyas'.

25r30wi.gif
25r30wi.gif
25r30wi.gif

Back
Top Bottom