What's new

Bangladesh overtakes Pakistan in weaving capacity

Bangladesh will be under the sea before it reaches parity with the Pakistan of today...

If Bangladesh will be under the sea then south India will be already wiped out.!!

A very cheap comment by you, all kinds of development efforts should be encouraged...

On topic: Good job by Bangladesh...

Dude relax, it is just that someone commented over the article that they soon gonna be a developed country which sounded funny..

I know first hand about weaving business.. Many weaving units in INdia are shifting to BD from south India after the govt failed them to provide the financial impetus after the 2008 shock..

Congrats BD
But there is alarm also. 80 % of BD export depends upon only textile that to western countries.
And day by day when extremism will rise on BD, they will go Pakistan path.

Good to hear that and congratulations on the growth towards economic front.

Textile industries are also big polluters. I hope that govt. keeps check on these too. If not then it will be bad for common folk in long run. If the textile growth is happening with pollution in check then Indeed, its a good news for Bangladesh and a cause for celebration.

Yap, we learned this lesson from the tanary ...so they are being shifted to more secure location, and they will pay for water treatment plant, JICA is alos giving us a bit of money.

Congrats BD
But there is alarm also. 80 % of BD export depends upon only textile that to western countries.
And day by day when extremism will rise on BD, they will go Pakistan path.

Is that you wishing or dreaming.....from which point does it look like we need to go to the path of extremism? We can build a strong Armed force and one day like US , kick the **** out of anyone legally.... :chilli:

If Bangladesh will be under the sea then south India will be already wiped out.!!

I don't think you understand the science of geography and are confused in general when it comes to directions in a 3- dimensional world.

Allow me to explain.
South does not mean low. South is a direction. Low is a measure of height.
Water flows to low lying areas. In case of bangladesh, two thirds of the country is less than 5 meters above sea level hence it is a low lying country.

By your logic, srilanka, indonesia even australia will be gone before bangladesh! :D

Many from Pakistan shifted their factories to BD. So it was expected. Hopefully once we get out of this terrorism and load shedding thing, we will bring it all back.

I don't think you understand the science of geography and are confused in general when it comes to directions in a 3- dimensional world.

Allow me to explain.
South does not mean low. South is a direction. Low is a measure of height.
Water flows to low lying areas. In case of bangladesh, two thirds of the country is less than 5 meters above sea level hence it is a low lying country.

By your logic, srilanka, indonesia even australia will be gone before bangladesh! :D

Dude, in prehistoric time BD was under the sea and silts from Himalaya created this Gangatic Delta. Silts has not stopped coming neither BD stopped gaining more land masses from sea. So you can keep on wet dreaming of BD getting under the sea and let us having all the party on the land mass we claiming from the sea every year despite rising sea level. Rising sea level will only make us rise more even far beyond Indian's head which cant think outside the box.

Good going by B'desh. What is the power situation like in Bangladesh? Do you have power shortages like pak and India? More than terrorism or extremism, it is power shortages that are hurting the weaving industry in pak the most.

Dude, in prehistoric time BD was under the sea and silts from Himalaya created this Gangatic Delta. Silts has not stopped coming neither BD stopped gaining more land masses from sea. So you can keep on wet dreaming of BD getting under the sea and let us having all the party on the land mass we claiming from the sea every year despite rising sea level. Rising sea level will only make us rise more even far beyond Indian's head which cant think outside the box.

Please Elaborate on Highlighted Part . It Looks to a Mango Man ( aam aadmi) like me a Contradiction . Thanks in advance

Good going by B'desh. What is the power situation like in Bangladesh? Do you have power shortages like pak and India? More than terrorism or extremism, it is power shortages that are hurting the weaving industry in pak the most.

Better than Pakistan . Plus cost of labour is Cheaper compared to India and Pakistan henceforth a massive surge in this industry . Plus in some ways bangladeshi women are more empowered than their Indian or Pakistani counterparts .

Back
Top Bottom