What's new

Bangladesh Navy

BN is going to buy Sonar for warships.

Also going to buy Tactical Datalink Systems to connect newly acquired surface - subsurface platforms, aviation & shore assets in the BN integrated network.

Last edited:
I see nothing underneath other than crank and sump tho :P

:D if you like a diesel engine with many cylinders you must observe the Zvezda M503, 42-cylinder, installed in the FAC OSA Class / Type 21 missile boat

969BHGy.jpg

:D if you like a diesel engine with many cylinders you must observe the Zvezda M503, 42-cylinder, installed in the FAC OSA Class / Type 21 missile boat

969BHGy.jpg

There's always a certain elegance, yet resilience about radials....the soviets loved them for a reason :D

You ever seen the Napier deltic with opposing cylinder design?

deltic-illo-1.jpg

969BHGy.jpg

I know - I am a fan myself! Amazing power to weight ratio.......

BN is going to buy Sonar for warships.

Also going to buy Tactical Datalink Systems to connect newly acquired surface - subsurface platforms, aviation & shore assets in the BN integrated network.

will BN fit the sonar in the present ships which dont have sonar and the datalink system

you mean BHP and torque? isn't power to weight ratio... measured with everything the engine has to push?

Theoretically yes.

Even in that sense, the power of this engine was phenomenal. 5000 HP each.

The OSA I and II classes had three of these engines each. The middle one for cruising and the two on the sides powered on for short sprints to 'get out of danger' after the missiles launched. Compared to the small size of the boat and minimal hull drag these things could easily do 40 plus knots. Without hydrofoils, water-jets or any such gimmickry.

The Indian, Chinese and Bangladesh Navies all had them.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom