What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Just come here to brag our kilo sub, bro . :partay::partay:

INS Sindhuvir
mm sub.jpg

Just come here to brag our kilo sub, bro . :partay::partay:

INS Sindhuvir
View attachment 572388

Personally, i dont feel old Kilo class is all that good though, Russian offered 10 units of their very own Kilo class to Indonesia Navy back then in 2011, but we reject them after conduct visit to their base. We prefer to the other options after considering the pros and cons

Two Type 35G operated by BN was built between 1994-1996, which makes them 25-27 years old. They were bought by BN in 2014 & commissioned in 2016.

They received extensive MLU & refitting. Extending the life to 2030 least. All sensors were replaced & propulsion systems were extensively refitted.

According to @grey boy 2 Two modified Type 35G were supposed to be built in Bangladesh with Chinese assistance.

That most probably explains the huge cost of Submarine base deal with Poly group ( same company that sold BN the current two).

http://
slide.mil.news.sina.com.cn/h/
slide_8_203_46596.html#p=8

Personally, i dont feel old Kilo class is all that good though, Russian offered 10 units of their very own Kilo class to Indonesia Navy back then in 2011, but we reject them after conduct visit to their base. We prefer to the other options after considering the pros and cons

You guys have Korean (Daewoo) U214 copies (Nagapasa class) and supposedly they are doing well. Those were far better buys than the Kilo Class.

Kilo class has already been succeeded by Lada class and then by the latest Amur class Attack sub.

'Sindhu' means Ocean in Sanskrit and 'Vir' is Courageous (same meaning in Bengali). So 'Courageous Mariner' I guess. Sindhu and Sindh don't mean the same thing I believe.
It means something like 'hero of the sea '.

Complete oxymoron for an Indian ship to be named such, considering it's brethrens are sinking themselves in berth. :lol:

Last edited:
'Sindhu' means Ocean in Sanskrit and 'Vir' is Courageous (same meaning in Bengali). So 'Courageous Mariner' I guess. Sindhu and Sindh don't mean the same thing I believe.
Sindhu is used for Indus, bro.
Sindh as a unified state is the oldest in south asia.

It means something like 'hero of the sea '.

Complete oxymoron for a Indian ship to be named such, considering it's brethrens are sinking themselves in berth. :lol:
Yup Sindhu kilo of indian navy.

You guys have Korean (Daewoo) U214 copies (Nagapasa class) and supposedly they are doing well. Those were far better buys than the Kilo Class.

Kilo class has already been succeeded by Lada class and then by the latest Amur class Attack sub.

Indonesia buy Korean subs particularly because there is extensive TOT given. The second contract for another 3 Korean sub for instant require Korean to help Indonesia to make the third sub at Indonesia ship yard fully, not only just some part like the first and second sub. In term of capabilities I think still moderate since it cannot launch anti ship missile, only torpedos.

Two Type 35G operated by BN was built between 1994-1996, which makes them 25-27 years old. They were bought by BN in 2014 & commissioned in 2016.

They received extensive MLU & refitting. Extending the life to 2030 least. All sensors were replaced & propulsion systems were extensively refitted.

According to @grey boy 2 Two modified Type 35G were supposed to be built in Bangladesh with Chinese assistance.

That most probably explains the huge cost of Submarine base deal with Poly group ( same company that sold BN the current two).

http://
slide.mil.news.sina.com.cn/h/
slide_8_203_46596.html#p=8
Also I’m not 100% sure but back when they were first inducted into the navy I tracked the serial numbers and it showed the boats were made 1997-1999

Can’t seem to find serials pnline. Will post if I do

Don't know why people are neglecting the Kilo. This one may be old but still ugly and better than our Ming class without a doubt. The sub has various weapon launching capability including Club variants. If Myanmar integrate any one of them (which they obviously will as there's strong possibility of buying newer Kilo or Amur/Lada) this will be serious headache as Type-39/S-20-26, Chang Bogo or any other affordable conventional submarine can't offer such variety of weapons like Russian with various ranges. And this one is specially still hard to find even with modern sensors.

The production of this one closed long ago. Why would they build an obsolete sub again? Besides our shipyards don't have that type of capability yet.

U214 copies (Nagapasa class)

Nagapasa/Chang Bogo is a Type-209 variant not Type-214.

Back
Top Bottom