What's new

BANGLADESH-MYANMAR TIES Strengthening connectivity is of strategic imperative

What RSO done will cause MM government mad at Bangladesh and will also alarm MM to alert. What good could it bring to Bangladesh?
RSO just wanted to create conflicts by any means between MM and BD hoping BD government would support them base and arms If BD falls into their trap. See they couldn't wait and they published it when there was a tension between two countries.

Historically and geographically the borders of Burma, where the Bamar people live, commences after the Arakan Yoma.

Ya strengthening connectivity so that Pole Vault become easy.

Everyone needs OPTIONS.

A BD Pole Vaulter - Should I jump to India or Should I jump to Myanmar :lol:

Historically and geographically the borders of Burma, where the Bamar people live, commences after the Arakan Yoma.
Alright then. We will be ready for the war and we will retake Ramu and Chittagong over 200 years. Note that Rakhine used to rule Ramu and Chittagong, and Bengal never ruled Rakhine in history. What a shame that you have learned your history in reverse.

Last edited:
I guess Myanmar doesn't come up as a neighbor to the mind of an average Bangladeshi. But things were not like that always. Bengal once even had to face a famine due to rice import having had thwarted from Burma due to occupation by Japan.

BD should stress on economic relations with Myanmar and gradually lessen our economic dependency on India. For now we should initiate cultural exchange between these two nations along with development in other areas of co-operation. We can think of arranging student exchange programs between universities of Myanmar and Bangladesh, or at least inviting their undergrad or graduate students at our universities on scholarship.

With regard to Rohingya issue, IMO Myanmar would have to consider accomodating the Rohingyas if they really think about the integrity of their nation comprising 135 officially recognized ethnic groups, because the issue is not really the 'evil' Rohingyas- but the mindset that prevents living with differences.

I guess Myanmar doesn't come up as a neighbor to the mind of an average Bangladeshi. But things were not like that always. Bengal once even had to face a famine due to rice import having had thwarted from Burma due to occupation by Japan.

BD should stress on economic relations with Myanmar and gradually lessen our economic dependency on India. For now we should initiate cultural exchange between these two nations along with development in other areas of co-operation. We can think of arranging student exchange programs between universities of Myanmar and Bangladesh, or at least inviting their undergrad or graduate students at our universities on scholarship.

With regard to Rohingya issue, IMO Myanmar would have to consider accomodating the Rohingyas if they really think about the integrity of their nation comprising 135 officially recognized ethnic groups, because the issue is not really the 'evil' Rohingyas- but the mindset that prevents living with differences.

Your words are very welcomed. And you are welcomed to Myanmar too.
We need to follow up the economy and technology where most of the east countries have already been. Both countries should not allow causing any conflict between them that can draw back us from our goals.

Your words are very welcomed. And you are welcomed to Myanmar too.
We need to follow up the economy and technology where most of the east countries have already been. Both countries should not allow causing any conflict between them that can draw back us from our goals.

Thanks and welcome to forum. I read some of your posts here and appreciate your positive attitude despite some of our emotional responses. Myanmar, I think, is rather underrepresented online. Majority of us never meet a Burmese unless we visit Cox'sbazar and they are really agreeable people there. So when someone meet one online and the person happens to be a disagreeable one (actually that happened here lol) unfortunately the whole nation is judged by the attitude of this single person. Thanks again and wish a happy stay.

Thanks and welcome to forum. I read some of your posts here and appreciate your positive attitude despite some of our emotional responses. Myanmar, I think, is rather underrepresented online. Majority of us never meet a Burmese unless we visit Cox'sbazar and they are really agreeable people there. So when someone meet one online and the person happens to be a disagreeable one (actually that happened here lol) unfortunately the whole nation is judged by the attitude of this single person. Thanks again and wish a happy stay.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

RSO map of BD.Actually historical Arakan extends up to Syrium Point at the tip of Irrawaddy basin.

gRUFwZNijWQURQmQWHgpwNA25hwwdGOIgHge-oPNRuGVlTW4RdMztTjZ-DI5_SYtZRrkmHW5GE3Rt3Jr4lvENE9Ve13uTNsaDpp808f-34wXWNjTs06F4iZqbrd0cOaP9HlBu4KwKk-OEtuozbhRQ7lL83a814nhei2cJ77ktMgkd4iI6kQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Has no one pointed out that this map is laughably inaccurate? Some little monkey has photoshopped Yangon and Pyay 100s of miles West. I hate these monkeys.

Back
Top Bottom