What's new

Bangladesh massively depends on India

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i totally agree .......his post was just kiddish........he is just trying to project business and trade in larger canvas ............

but in another hand this business also play wider role in country economy........so good bilateral relation is always be better.............

what actually you are getting benefit in my view which Pakistan is not getting because of bad relation

1> medical service.......i remember when i use to travel from Dhaka or Chittagong to kolkata .......90% of Bengali passenger use to be patient ......still it is very easy for Bangladeshi to get visa on medical ground........if i am not wrong more that 60% patient have same heart problem .......and for heart bypass surgery,Bangladeshi favorite destination is India

2> student : for higher study in India Bangladeshi get visa very easily.........you are talking about statics ,now you tell be how many kids is studying in Puna or Bangalore

3> Because of relation or safe environment Indian expat are comfortable working in Bangladesh,industries are back bone of any nation ..... .......which is not applicable with Pakistan..........to run one industries you required lots of support ,from spare parts to good services engineer.........which is very easily accessible for Bangladesh.....

now you tell me what is statics now........how many Indian expat working in Chittagong or Dhaka .......and how many are in Pakistan

see in Bangladesh industrial growth(not in terms of money but in terms of services ) Indian has strong contribution

i am talking about very realistic thing .....today Pakistani industries facing big problem in getting service........technically those European MNC having their branch in India, they have to deal with Pakistan.....but no buddy like to go Pakistan.......so for most of job they need to look at south Asian branch for services.......and even from south east Asia branch Indian are the only one who is going to Pakistan

i was working with KDS group more than 4 years ......i have handle one project ,KYCR rolling mill ,right from project planning to its execution ,your all major steel rolling mill ,KYCR,PHP,ABUL KHER,APOLLO,S ALAM, Still manage by Indians...........my friend are still working in Chittagong..............just compare with Pakistan ......Pakistani industries face Hugh problem because of lack of service and support ....................

because of good bilateral relation.....you are able to get service with in 24 Hrs ............
so i am requesting all Bangladeshi... ..must understand what is real benefit of good relation...........it is not multiple ,it is exponential .........

stop acting like Pakistani.....proud to be Bengali and be Bengali
of-course many points of your are true and i am happy with it, but i lose my mind when some indians say we are ungrateful (every time bringing 1971 war issue which was actually both parties benefit) because we are asking for basic demands. Anyway Still India-Bangladesh trade is very low compare to others

Naaak katvaaa diii humm West Pakistanis kiii tuu neiii ! :(
I am soooooo happy :bunny::p:

Actually what the thread title should be is Bangladesh use huge Indian product not depends on India . the product we use like airtel may be because they offer better then Banglalink or grameen that does not mean we depend on them . secondly seeing Bollywood movies doesn't mean we have no other movie option we like Bollywood so we watch if we could not we would watch Hollywood movies. and secondly starting with Indian wheat because may be it is cheap compare to import from other countries that's why we import from India . when our purchase power will increase may be we will look for more better wheat/any other product from other countries who offer better so this cannot be judge as total depend on India . we have our square keya etc to counter lever brothers so not dependents just choice @IamBengali

ok i totally agree .......his post was just kiddish........he is just trying to project business and trade in larger canvas ............

but in another hand this business also play wider role in country economy........so good bilateral relation is always be better.............

what actually you are getting benefit in my view which Pakistan is not getting because of bad relation

1> medical service.......i remember when i use to travel from Dhaka or Chittagong to kolkata .......90% of Bengali passenger use to be patient ......still it is very easy for Bangladeshi to get visa on medical ground........if i am not wrong more that 60% patient have same heart problem .......and for heart bypass surgery,Bangladeshi favorite destination is India

2> student : for higher study in India Bangladeshi get visa very easily.........you are talking about statics ,now you tell be how many kids is studying in Puna or Bangalore

3> Because of relation or safe environment Indian expat are comfortable working in Bangladesh,industries are back bone of any nation ..... .......which is not applicable with Pakistan..........to run one industries you required lots of support ,from spare parts to good services engineer.........which is very easily accessible for Bangladesh.....

now you tell me what is statics now........how many Indian expat working in Chittagong or Dhaka .......and how many are in Pakistan

see in Bangladesh industrial growth(not in terms of money but in terms of services ) Indian has strong contribution

i am talking about very realistic thing .....today Pakistani industries facing big problem in getting service........technically those European MNC having their branch in India, they have to deal with Pakistan.....but no buddy like to go Pakistan.......so for most of job they need to look at south Asian branch for services.......and even from south east Asia branch Indian are the only one who is going to Pakistan

i was working with KDS group more than 4 years ......i have handle one project ,KYCR rolling mill ,right from project planning to its execution ,your all major steel rolling mill ,KYCR,PHP,ABUL KHER,APOLLO,S ALAM, Still manage by Indians...........my friend are still working in Chittagong..............just compare with Pakistan ......Pakistani industries face Hugh problem because of lack of service and support ....................

because of good bilateral relation.....you are able to get service with in 24 Hrs ............
so i am requesting all Bangladeshi... ..must understand what is real benefit of good relation...........it is not multiple ,it is exponential .........

stop acting like Pakistani.....proud to be Bengali and be Bengali

:rofl:dealing with Indians in business. The lousiest folks have ever dealt with, no time commitment and very seldom one with true commitment.

:rofl:dealing with Indians in business. The lousiest folks have ever dealt with, no time commitment and very seldom one with true commitment.

Then you haven't dealt with us have you ? :lol:

We invented the acronym LBDN - Look Busy Do Nothing ! :smokin:

Jamatis in this forum has mainly two issues with India-

1. India has Hindu majority : India cannot do anything about this. Nothing to do really. You have to accept it keeping in your mind that India has more Muslim than your country

2. India interfares in their internal matter : This is to some extent true. But why?
It is the same reason for which Pakistan is concerned over who will rule Afghanistan, America is concerned about Cuba, the same reason inspires India to take interest in Bangladesh internal affairs. I am not supporting any of them. But this is reality.

During Zia's time, ULFA (Assam) and other north east terrorist groups were hyper active. Terrorist activities were regular news from NE. Bangladesh Govt supported them. In Hasina's time they are simply not there. The dreaded ULFA is not in news anymore.

Now think from Indian point of view. Hasina govt is good for peace in India's North East. So they will support her. Begham Zia took a conscious decision when she took anti India stance in her regime that Indian support is not necessary and Pakistan's support is adequate for BNP. But in today's reality it seems that it is not adequate, actually it backfired .

We like or do not like, India will take measures for its security and integrity, that’s the reality. But at the same time India considers BD as a brotherly nation.

Last edited:
During Jia's time, ULFA (Assam) and other north east terrorist groups were hyper active. Terrorist activities were regular news from NE. Bangladesh Govt supported them. In Hasina's time they are simply not there. The dreaded ULFA is not in news anymore..
Its Zia, not Jia.

We don't judge a country's people by few comments made by couple of teenagers here on PDF. I can say that you have created a nice thread, but its just my indianess talking, im sure others may disagree. We have to learn how to live in harmony with each other, give and take, after all we cant choose our neighbours.

I completely agree with you. In my opinion South Asian region from the end of 1940's was chosen by the war industry. We have seen that in last 60-70 years lot of business given to the war industry. The politicians were making money by sowing the seeds of hatred.
Now we have covered lots of distance in time. This region is getting educated. People are sharing different internet media to exchange views.
Before reading this article, I did not know how much Bangladesh was dependent on India. I had the memories which were typically from one side. For example, one of my close friend's uncle who was major in Pakistan Army, he was killed (not in war, but kidnapped by the........) and his wife and kids were burned later on. Only one of their child was saved who was in west Pakistan. Right now he is a successful doctor in US.
Stories like this are just one sided. Now, instead of playing into the hands of politicians and the gun industry. People should start accommodating each other.
People are same everywhere. This world is as much yours as it is mine. We just share a part of this world for a while and that's it. I have seen Pakistanis, Indians and Bangli's living in the west and they are very close to each other.
Question, why over there they forgot all these hate sentiments. The answer is all these things are very small and relative to certain time and space. Solution for all these problems is, we have to be broad minded.
Together we can change lives of lot many other people. Let's join hands.

Ungrateful of the help and friendship that India constantly provides to Bangladesh. And No, I am NOT talking about 1971, but everything AFTER that.
be specific on help ?

Good question raised if it is double standard by PDF Bangladeshis. No it's not double standard.

Reasons:

1. We do not get these free.
2. US nuked Japan, does Japan stopped trading with USA?
3. China has issues with Japan and US, did china stopped trading with them or vice verse.
4. People are moving into Hollyhood, you are clung with Bollyhood yet?
5. Many countries hate US, not hollyhood.
6. We buy from India does not mean we can not sustain with out Indian export, in fact, they can't bear the lost of BD market, such a huge market. It;s about mutual benefit and economics.

continuing........

7. We have Thiland, China, Burma, and PK to get our grains and foods imported, may be import cost would be higher, but if BD-India relation reaches futher more worse to some extant, we dont mind paying some extra for our foods.

8. We are not extremist or mean minded that we would stop buying our neighbors goods unless some war breaks out. But on the other hand, India is mean minded, that it puts hundreds excuses and barriers when BD wants to export into India..

continuing........

9. What do you think why so many people died at the hands of BAL? Because they are suppressed to nail Indian hegemony and Hippocracy. Once BAL is oust and people get more aware through the main steam media, people would think to use Indian products less.

10. Once we get a route to China through Burma and get the Burmese lands for agriculture lease, we wont have to depend on India do rice, onion or Dals. For that we would need a freindly relation with Burma and future strategic plan for the sake of BD's future food security. Who knows if India raise the price in future.

continuing.........

11. Where people dies more in hunger and poverty? huh you clueless genius, India or BD? And you say we depend on India.

12. I never used bal but BAL [Bangladeshs Awami League], using slang works do not work.

continuing.........

13. If India is friendly why India does not allow BD channels, because they feel insecure, and on the other hand, we being more generous are loosing our cultural and social values, our families are splitting today.

14. You are talking about multinational franchise in BD run by Indians, tell me how may multinational companies run in India without severe bureaucratic conditions and barriers in India, Coke, Chain retail shops, fast foods? On the other hand BAL has given free hand to Indian companies in BD in illegal way in last 5 years.

15. About electricity import from India, well India got electric cable connectivity and transit which is why India exports current here, and its was also an unbalanced deal between Indina nd BAL.

Finished

Dont need to respond all your rants.We dont need to worry about your so called trade relations.Losing BD market is like peanut to us.You dont know nothing aid given to BD.
Bollywood vs Hollywood.Both represent different culture.
But Bollywood is the most fast growing film industry in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom