What's new

Bangladesh Economy: News & Updates

No, Tata is not the only one.

The world top steel company is ArcelorMittal.

Owned by Mr Mittal an Indian!

Tata is the 8th top steel manufacturer of the world.

SAIL is the 21st.

TOP30 World's Largest Steel Companies 2010-2011

I am afraid, regrettably, I did not find a Bangaldeshi company mentioned amongst the leading quality steel producers of the world.

But that does not mean, as you rightly said, that they do not know how to produce steel.

I am sure all can produce steel.

SAIL is the 21st.

I am afraid, regrettably, I did not find a Bangaldeshi company mentioned amongst the leading quality steel producers of the world.

But that does not mean, as you rightly said, that they do not know how to produce steel.

Hoping to find Top 30 largest steelmaker from a country with gdp of $110 bn? That surely takes some optimism.

SAIL is the 21st.

Why are you so persistent??? Do we produce iron ore so that we ill become a steel making and exporting nation? We consume steel and will in the years to come. We want many countries including India to supply us with RAW materials like steel. TATA and as whole India and BD could be a good partner as BD is emerging as one of the world's main workshop and we will be needing hell lot of things that needed to be imported.

Hoping to find Top 30 largest steelmaker from a country with gdp of $110 bn? That surely takes some optimism.

Why not?

The same country is building ships for foreign countries and that too, Germany!

Great potential, I will say.

Bigger countries are not doing the same!

Why are you so persistent??? Do we produce iron ore so that we ill become a steel making and exporting nation? We consume steel and will in the years to come. We want many countries including India to supply us with RAW materials like steel. TATA and as whole India and BD could be a good partner as BD is emerging as one of the world's main workshop and we will be needing hell lot of things that needed to be imported.

Do the countries where MitalArcelor or Tata operates internationally produce iron ore?

Yes Tata must help in manufacturing steel in India. If not Tata, then some company from China. And the foreign companies must have BD partners.

Yet, you should read the posts about Tata coming to produce steel in BD as if they are stealing BD's wealth!

I am all for better trade and cooperation between India and its neighbours since it is mutually beneficial.

If India can supply iron ore to China, then it surely must supply to BD, for after all, it is our neighbour and a stable and happy neighbour is a stable and happy neighbourhood!

I would rather India supply to BD than China.

Do the countries where MitalArcelor or Tata operates internationally produce iron ore?

Yes Tata must help in manufacturing steel in India. If not Tata, then some company from China. And the foreign companies must have BD partners.

Yet, you should read the posts about Tata coming to produce steel in BD as if they are stealing BD's wealth!

They are still welcome, as long as they dont ask gas in concessional price. If they can produce by using coal then its alright. Our domestic industry will get priority over our gas.

Why not?

The same country is building ships for foreign countries and that too, Germany!

Great potential, I will say.

Bigger countries are not doing the same!

Building ships for Germany is one thing and hoping to find Western Marine in top 30 largest ship builder company is a completely different matter. I would suggest you stop trolling in this topic as you are not making much sense.

TATAs investment was vehemently opposed by local steel maker. Their point was that they will make similar amount of investment if were granted the same cocession that were offered to TATA. After TATA's withdraws three companies joined togethere and made 2000 Cr. investment in steel.

Now its your call.

ijadani,

remember this post?

You provoke and then wail about me being persistent!

as the Punjabis would say - kar le gal, papaji!

Building ships for Germany is one thing and hoping to find Western Marine in top 30 largest ship builder company is a completely different matter. I would suggest you stop trolling in this topic as you are not making much sense.

Trolling?

Truth cause an itch?

Facts are not trolling.

A country that is capable of ship building is no push over.

I am surprised you have such a poor opinion about your country's capability and you call your weakness to see your country's potential as trolling?

If you cannot answer a query based on facts, it is not trolling!

It is merely that you are dumbfounded for answer and exhibiting irrational frustration and taking it out on others.

Back
Top Bottom