What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

How much does land even cost in Bangladesh? By that, I mostly mean non-urban land. Asking for future investment purposes.

How much does land even cost in Bangladesh? By that, I mostly mean non-urban land. Asking for future investment purposes.

Local speculators snap up industrial land before the planning for industry even starts.

For example I can tell you that my extended family members own ancestral land in the Savar area, those parcels have skyrocketed ever since they started industrializing that area initially a decade ago.

More recently this has happened near Payra and Matarbari port areas where EPZs/SEZs are planned.

Pricing varies per location and demand. I am not in touch with this, you have to contact someone in Dhaka.

Looks like "Kalna bridge" is getting its shape.

I can still remember the car wreck we faced during our first site visit.

A photo of the existing ferry ghat dated back to 2015.
IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

Metrorail Line 6 Station construction proceeds apace...apologies if this was posted already.

Karnaphuli Tunnel construction update...sorry Bengali only.

Iconic Tower Project (Bangabandhu Tri Tower) Project progress in Purbachal...construction started on 10,000 sqft. construction management facility.

Parliamentary Standing Committee on Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology on Thursday disclosed that the works for establishing an electronic city at Companyganj upazila in Sylhet are underway and the works of Taka seven crore has already been completed, reports BSS. The ICT Division has taken the project to establish the electronic city in 162 acres of land at Companyganj upazila, this was revealed at a meeting of the committee at the Sangsad Bhaban. Presided over by Committee Chairman Imran Ahmed, the meeting was attended by State Minister for Post and Telecommunication Tarana Halim, State Minister for ICT Division Zunaid Ahmed Palak, Moyazzam Hossain Ratan, Shawkat Hasanur Rahman (Rimon), Sharid Ahmed, Kazi Feroz Rashid and Hosne Ara Lutfa Dalia. The project sources said an electronic city will be set up with three types of facilities -- training centre, ICT parks and electronic project. At the meeting, the committee made a recommendation to the ministry to take necessary measures for ensuring proper monitoring over the development project under ICT division.
source: Govt to establish electronic city in Sylhet

well done bangladesh .

OK well 'Love Boat' it isn't for sure.

But we have the next best thing, a semi luxury cruise ship ('Karnaphuli' Venture - MV 'Bay One') from Cox's Bazaar to St. Martin's Island for the couple of hours it takes to get there. Take a gander, not bad.

Last edited:
OK well 'Love Boat' it isn't for sure.

But we have the next best thing, a semi luxury cruise ship ('Karnaphuli' Venture - MV 'Bay One') from Cox's Bazaar to St. Martin's Island for the couple of hours it takes to get there. Take a gander, not bad.

Is there any luxury ships that we can rent to sail and stay some night in Sundarban water ? It will be quite exciting to sail a long the Sundarban coast thinking that wild tigers are living there where some tigers may also swim or appear on the coast areas that we could see while on the ship.

You can check on Indonesian Labuan Bajo luxury ship service to understand more about what I see as potential in Sundarban eco-tourism.

Is there any luxury ships that we can rent to sail and stay some night in Sundarban water ? It will be quite exciting to sail a long the Sundarban coast thinking that wild tigers are living there where some tigers may also swim or appear on the coast areas that we could see while on the ship.

You can check on Indonesian Labuan Bajo luxury ship service to understand more about what I see as potential in Sundarban eco-tourism.

There are smaller two story boats which conduct eco-tours in the Sundarban rivers. If you google 'Sundarban Eco Tour' you will get lots of hits, some of them from Kolkata in India, some from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I have not tried them but travel agencies in Dhaka or Jakarta can find out I'm sure.

In the meantime, I will try to find out some info, give me a few days. :-)

There are smaller two story boats which conduct eco-tours in the Sundarban rivers. If you google 'Sundarban Eco Tour' you will get lots of hits, some of them from Kolkata in India, some from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I have not tried them but travel agencies in Dhaka or Jakarta can find out I'm sure.

In the meantime, I will try to find out some info, give me a few days. :-)

@Indos Here's a link. Looks like group tours of 3+ days are the norm.

Seems like a legit outfit. Make sure you ask around to make sure you are not parting your hard-earned money with scam outfits, caveat emptor! :-)

Buying machines to produce 3+ layer single-sided motherboards (pick and place smt m/c and wave soldering m/c etc.) is good progress. And that too by more than one local company.

I am very stoked, this is better than our giant neighbor for sure. They only have one motherboard mfr. (Simmtronics) that I know of, and that too using VIA Taiwan's designs. They make DIMM and Micro SD cards, though not all of them in India (if at all).

Someone should edit the Wikipedia page, only Walton is listed. There should be at least three/four more entries.

Last edited:
Here's a link. Looks like group tours of 3+ days are the norm.

Seems like a legit outfit. Make sure you ask around to make sure you are not parting your hard-earned money with scam outfits, caveat emptor! :-)

Buying machines to produce 3+ layer single-sided motherboards (pick and place smt m/c and wave soldering m/c etc.) is good progress. And that too by more than one local company.

I am very stoked, this is better than our giant neighbor for sure. They only have one motherboard mfr. (Simmtronics) that I know of, and that too using VIA Taiwan's designs. They make DIMM and Micro SD cards, though not all of them in India (if at all).

Someone should edit the Wikipedia page, only Walton is listed. There should be at least three/four more entries.

I can't read bangla, did bdesh military establishment make that motherboard or a private company?

Back
Top Bottom