What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

Site office and Equipment staging area under construction at Tri-Towers project site.

The project is fast reaching the point of no return, for those who can't believe such a skyscraper would ever be built in Bangladesh.

121805605_2393555507619466_8586457770728606013_n.jpg

Last edited:
Look like Bangladesh is still not yet a top world textile producer. Chinese market is huge.

Look like Bangladesh is still not yet a top world textile producer. Chinese market is huge.

They have 2.8 billion buttcheeks that need covering up bro, by comparison us in Bangladesh and our customers in Europe and North America only have 1 billion buttcheeks to cover.

More buttcheeks, More Underwear, More Market share.

Genius economics :enjoy:

How well do Walton’s PC parts perform?

Walton’s PC parts are cheaper than their international counterparts and in most cases offers at par performance

View attachment 689300

Setting up a desktop computer using different parts from different brands has been a long practice in our country. Very few of us actually buy a full set from one single brand, out of numerous considerations, including the price. Instead, we usually build a desktop out of various brands that deliver the best performance in that specific category.

For the longest time, we had to depend on international brands to get the best performance out of a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. Off late however, local brand Walton has entered the race of creating PC parts and is steadily making a headway in the market.

Walton offers PC parts at very affordable price which none of the international or local brands have ever offered. People who are looking for things at lower cost with capable performance should go for Walton. However, buyers aiming for higher quality without any wallet issue can explore other established international brands.

Walton has come up with numerous products, feature variations and reasonable prices. Among the 19 PC parts they have so far produced, I have used only six products and its different models.

So, I would like to share my user experience and rate each product out of five.

Monitor

Walton has monitors which are within 18.5 inches to 23.5 inches. And, prices are also pretty budget friendly as you can purchase those at Tk5,790 to Tk13,500.

At cheapest, WD185T01 is available which has resolution of 1366 × 768 at 60Hz. It has VGA connector instead of HDMI port whereas most graphics cards do not have VGA port now. Upon verifying compatibility, buyers can try with VGA to HDMI adapter cable whatsoever.

However, this recommendation can be valid for all the model of Walton monitors as users can also explore other options to have a comparative understanding.

I would give 3 out of 5 to Walton monitors for its offered features.

RAM
Walton has five products of this category in market; four being for desktops and one for laptops. The price of RAM is within Tk2,200 to Tk6,250.

For RAM, Walton Antique is a high performing series and among all those models – WDR4L0826NN3 serves well. It offers 8 GB Memory at Tk3250 with 2666 MHz data transfer bandwidth.

However, at this same price one can go with Corsair's Vengeance series or Thermaltake's Toughram series which are arguably superior than what Walton is offering to the customers.

I will rate it 2 out of 5 as it does not worth the price as per the performance value.

Memory Cards

Capacity of Walton's memory card starts from 16GB to 256GB. The price is within Tk395 to Tk3395. All of these ensure high speed data transfer with Class 10 speed.

Being cost-effective, it provides top-notch service. Though it is not the best, service and reasonable price have made it good enough. I find these memory cards can compete with any well-known international brand in this same price range.

So, I would give it 4 out of 5 as per its performance.

SSD

In my view, Walton's SSD can compete with any of the international brands in market. After using the first one around one year ago, I am using another Walton SSD with 480GB space from Antique series. I bought this around three months ago and its high-speed data transferring and data caching performance have amazed me.

In Walton's SSD, there are two types of built in interface – SATAIII and M.2 NVME – that come with 240GB and 480GB storage space. Currently, these models are not in stock.

The prices of NVME drives of 256GB and 512GB storage space are respectively Tk3150 and Tk5950. I would highly recommend these to the buyers with confidence for their daily use and storage.

Walton offers three years warranty on each SSD and it is also fast, reliable and reasonable at price.

After considering all these features, I would rate it 5 out of 5.

Mouse

It offers a wide range of mouse – from smaller ones to big and heavy ones for gaming purpose. I think it is quite good at this value.

All the mouses within Tk1000 and I believe no other brands are offering such varieties at this price. Though all these do not provide quality service, I would highly recommend WMG003WB and WMG009WB as these two are the best in this line-up. Walton can raise the price a little and can offer a few more mouses, while ensuring the quality.

Considering the price and performance, I would rate this product 3 out of 5.

Keyboard

When it comes to keyboard, I have always preferred the mechanical ones. Walton, however, does not make any mechanical keyboards though it does have a few keyboards that provide a subtle mechanical feature.

Walton's offered keyboards are membrane keyboard. It comes with backlit keys and also perform well at this price range. Walton has kept the price pretty reasonable as it is within Tk240 to Tk1,550.

I would specifically mention WKG005WB as it provides high precision inputs at Tk950. These keyboards are also pretty good for gaming, but when it comes to look, I find a few of those are up to the mark.

After thinking all the points, I would give it 3 out of 5.

Source
Walton's memory cards & SSD's are world class. Last year I bought a 64 GB memory card, I actually got 64.15 GB out of it. :cheesy:

Out of curiosity I brought in one through a friend, 240GB M2 NVME, couple of months ago & I would say it can give many big names a run for that money.

Walton's memory cards & SSD's are world class. Last year I bought a 64 GB memory card, I actually got 64.15 GB out of it. :cheesy:

Out of curiosity I bought a 240GB M2 NVME couple of months ago & I would say it's the best.

Yeah, I was backing up my data from my laptop (it's was going fucky fucky) to a relatives SSD (2.5" in case) and it was super fast, and seemed pretty nice using a piece of electronics made in your own country.... More so because it was bang on....

Good stuff and well priced, no complaints.

Lappy went kaputt though :(

In term of clothe exporting, Bangladesh do have good position as number two of the world after China.

Yeah not a bad spot to be in , one issue though

We kinda have to be making other things besides underwears for people in the west , we have to start mass producing top quality phones, Tvs , Laptops , Smart Fridges etc and exporting every where.

Kinda wished we had top notch international brands like MC , GAP ,Nike but the Bangladeshi version of it

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom