What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

I thought they were gonna complete all the lines by 2026. Which imo, is enough time.

The various lines vary in how busy the ridership will be.

MRT-6 is the main North-South Artery to get implemented first (most urgently needed now) and then others will follow. The first three MRTs (Lines 6, 5 and 4) will solve what I believe is 70% of the ridership problem.

Which will happen earlier than 2026 hopefully...that will present actual visible change on the ground as far as easing of traffic.

iu

As you can see KarwanBazaar alias Hotel Sonargaon is the confluence of all three lines.

Last edited:
To me,after searching in google, poorest Chinese province, Gansu looks much more cleaner and developed than Mumbai....not to mention per capita of Gansu in nominal USD is like twice of Mumbai.
Mere pictures and Videos doesn't represent a Country .. By your logic,a Village in Mysore looks cleaner than Beijing..
Nominal gdp per capita means nothing , its ppp per capita that matters....

I want to be sure about this part from our Chinese members.
@Two @Chinese-Dragon @cirr @rcrmj @Beast
@JSCh @TaiShang
Videos and Pictures posted by them doesnt represent china.. Go to their richest City Shangai and Come to Mysore , later tell me which is more cleaner,peaceful and has better living standards...
Dnt fall for chinese propaganda, see it to believe it..

Bangladeshis talk about competing with India but even their national capital doesn't have a Subway !!
All major cities shld have these for faster growth..
Bangladeshis get easily offended ..
i jst said All major Cities need Urban rail transist for faster growth and they are Jumping up & down..

Mere pictures and Videos doesn't represent a Country .. By your logic,a Village in Mysore looks cleaner than Beijing..

Videos and Pictures posted by them doesnt represent china.. Go to their richest City Shangai and Come to Mysore , later tell me which is more cleaner,peaceful and better living standards...
See what you want to see. Ask a random non-Indian and non-Chinese person, whether he/she would prefer to visit Mysore or Beijing.

i jst said All major Cities need Urban rail transist for faster growth and they are Jumping up & down..
The point is no one was competing with India......but thanks to your posts, now we are comparing India and China....best of India with worst of China to be more precise.

Why don't you take your own advice and visit Shanghai sometime? :-)

I have....
My father has visited both Mumbai and Shanghai several times since 1980's.....I have heard from him and seen pictures taken by him several times. There is really no contest....I am not biased in any way...

Nah man, you came into thread saying their capital dont have a subway etc etc.... was the Indian cities worthless when they didnt have subways some years back?

Pick and choose the battles please....but you are new, so maybe it will take time. They know very well deep down they cannot compete with India....just leave them be if they aren't asking for it.

Ask a random non-Indian and non-Chinese person, whether he/she would prefer to visit Mysore or Beijing.

Well....India earns about 55% of foreign tourism revenue that China does....which when factoring in GDP's of the two is even more striking. So clearly there are a lot that would prefer to visit India...not to mention concerns regarding China human rights and geopolitical threat.

Videos and Pictures posted by them doesnt represent china.. Go to their richest City Shangai and Come to Mysore , later tell me which is more cleaner,peaceful and has better living standards...
Perhaps you are from Mysore. A relatively clean and organized city in Karnataka. Which itself among the few better Indian state. That's why you are such deluded about the realities in India. Have you ever been outside of Karnataka? India is not like Mysore to Bangalore. A little information for you. Only Uttar Pradesh have population equivalent of all the five southern Indian states combined whom you are proud of. And condition in Uttar Pradesh is not great. Then there are tons of other BIMARU states. So, BIMARU's are the real India, not Mysore. Still an average Chinese city is better looking than Mysore.

There is some significant problems going on in BD banking sector (and more crucially they are not being addressed by BD sustainably and pre-emptively)....that Moody is not wrong to be canary in coalmine about.

I understand what you mean.

But the pattern is almost repetitive; at least in our case.

You see, every time there is a pre-election year coming up in India, we face "investor outflow", "rapid currency fluctuations" and resultant "economic trouble. Happened in 2003, happened in 2008, 2013 and is happening in 2018.

This might seem like a 'conspiracy theory' but economic manipulation is usually a bigger weapon used by heavily investing countries against developing ones, now moresoever than before, as it reduces the bloodshed and forces favourable position.

Let me give you an example of Indian aviation. In 2015, FAA had downgraded India's aviation safety due to the 'shortage of auditors'. Suddenly Indian carriers announced big aviation deals across European Airshows involving both US and European suppliers. And then the downgrade was 'removed'.

Well....India earns about 55% of foreign tourism revenue that China does....which when factoring in GDP's of the two is even more striking. So clearly there are a lot that would prefer to visit India...not to mention concerns regarding China human rights and geopolitical threat.
I was talking about Beijing and Mysore......TBH, I just learned that there is a city called Mysore in India...and looking at some pics of it, it looks like a good place to visit. But still it wouldn't compare to Beijing...

delpic-534x330.jpg

Bangladesh going to be major part of global economy: Deloitte
on December 2, 2018

http://businessnews24bd.com/bangladesh-going-to-be-major-part-of-global-economy-deloitte/

businessnews24bd.com

Sustainable growth, young and energetic workforces and infrastructure development are helping Bangladesh to create an strong economic base which will make the country a large part of the global economy within 10 to 20 years, observed Deloitte, a global advisory firm.

In the last decade, the country achieved remarkable successes in all social development parameters, such as gender equality, infant mortality and life expectancy.

Talking to BSS, Board Member of the Deloitte Bangladesh Limited Joydeep Datta Gupta said Bangladesh is doing very well in all socio-economic parameters as the country is experiencing a sustained GDP growth rate of more than 7.5 percent, rising per capita income and improved social indicators.

“Today, a large number of our key global clients are operating their business in Bangladesh. Businesses of the Bangladeshi clients are also growing. Significant investments are taking place from the government agencies as well as the funding agencies in certain areas, including health care, education, infrastructure and financial and social inclusion,” he added.

Although Ready Made Garments (RMG) has become a prominent sector of the country, he said, other sectors are also developing. “I see, development is happing and the time has come for Bangladesh.”

As per the demand of Deloitte’s clients, Gupta said, the advisory firm has opened its office in Bangladesh.

“Our Bangladeshi clients are uplifting and Bangladesh economy is also growing. Many of our clients asked us to open office here as they need high standard services,” he added.

On Saturday, Deloitte formally launched its operations in Bangladesh to help their clients.

Gupta said the firm will provide the private and government organisations with various services, including audit, tax, legal, financial advisory, risk advisory, and consultancy.

He said they will provide services in all kinds of businesses, including pharmaceuticals, leather, power and energy, consumer goods and agro products.

He said Deloitte Bangladesh will have a base of more than 100 professionals and highly respected clients and it hopes to grow the workforce in several fields in the next few years.

Having footprint in over 150 countries across the world, Gupta said, Deloitte provides business consultancy, including acquisition and merger jobs, to the multinational firms.

At the office launching function, Deloitte Bangladesh Managing Partner Nurul Haque said “We are proud to join the Deloitte network, respected for its world-class professional service, innovation and ethics. With our deep industry expertise and commitment to quality, I am confident that Deloitte Bangladesh will deliver value to clients and grow the local talent pool.”

You are citing the total revenue of India from domestic and intl' tourism for India and just intl' tourism data from China.....India tourism revenue from intl' tourists is about 10 percent of China.

Top Ten Countries with the Largest Tourism Industries (GDP)
  • United States ($488 billion)
  • China ($224 billion)
  • Germany ($130.8 billion)
  • Japan ($106.7 billion)
  • United Kingdom ($103.7 billion)
  • France ($89.2 billion)
  • Mexico ($79.7 billion)
  • Italy ($76.3 billion)

India earned $27 bn from foreign tourist arrivals in 2017: Minister

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62526432.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Perhaps you are from Mysore. A relatively clean and organized city in Karnataka. Which itself among the few better Indian state. That's why you are such deluded about the realities in India. Have you ever been outside of Karnataka? India is not like Mysore to Bangalore. A little information for you. Only Uttar Pradesh have population equivalent of all the five southern Indian states combined whom you are proud of. And condition in Uttar Pradesh is not great. Then there are tons of other BIMARU states. So, BIMARU's are the real India, not Mysore. Still an average Chinese city is better looking than Mysore.
Im From Bangalore , my Hometown is a Village in Mysore and Mandya Border..

UP population is 19 crore... Bimaru is a short form of "Bihar, Madya pradesh ,Rajasthan and Uttar pradesh" , those combined population is 40 crore means 30% , their economy is growing faster as Muslims fertility rate is reduced and they are coming under control..

and i have been to Varanasi,Lucknow, patna and many other cities of UP and Bihar..
I knw more abt India's reality than a illiterate Bangladeshi..

Last edited:
I was talking about Beijing and Mysore......TBH, I just learned that there is a city called Mysore in India...and looking at some pics of it, it looks like a good place to visit. But still it wouldn't compare to Beijing...
I have seen some videos of Mysore city. It is known as cleanest city in India. Quite clean may be considering that India's cleanliness is world famous. But that city has unimpressive skyline. Even Bangladesh's Sylhet city has better skyline than Mysore. Both Sylhet and Mysore has similar population. Sylhet's urban road infrastructure is inferior compared to Mysore, no doubt. But Sylhet in drone looks more impressive.

You are citing the total revenue of India from domestic and intl' tourism for India and just intl' tourism data from China.....India tourism revenue from intl' tourists is about 10 percent of China.

Top Ten Countries with the Largest Tourism Industries (GDP)
  • United States ($488 billion)
  • China ($224 billion)
  • Germany ($130.8 billion)
  • Japan ($106.7 billion)
  • United Kingdom ($103.7 billion)
  • France ($89.2 billion)
  • Mexico ($79.7 billion)
  • Italy ($76.3 billion)

India earned $27 bn from foreign tourist arrivals in 2017: Minister

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62526432.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Um...no its international (foreign) tourism revenue:

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/ST.INT.RCPT.CD?locations=CN-US-IN-DE-FR

The list you posting is total tourist industry including domestic tourism obv (however a country defines and tabulates it).

Good to see a 4 billion increase for India from 2016 to 2017 though for foreign tourist revenue from 23 to 27...that is good growth.

2030 to compete just 2 route !! By that time there will be more cities needing metro . Can't they finish the metro like in a year ?

The traffic in Dhaka is simply unbearable everyday .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom