What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

Real Estate IS big business in Bangladesh. It is one of the major sectors of the economy.

I don't know if you know otherwise.

Here is a small article,

The Real Estate Sector in Bangladesh
Posted on Sep 21, 2019 Category Blog, Real Estate Industry By Sadia T. Ahmed
The Real Estate Sector in Bangladesh

Bangladesh is one of the most densely populated countries. With an urban population of 30 million, the urban land shares are 2% of all lands and approximately 10% of the lands are not settled. 25% of the land is already being used for settlements and relatable human purposes.

building residential GDP

Due to numerous reasons, the urban growth and development of the country is Dhaka-centric. As Dhaka being the nucleus city, the current real estate sector is highly emphasized with variable prospects. The real estate sector has been introduced in our country nearly after the liberation. And from then on, it has become an earnest interest of the people. Real estate sector is an integral part of the country’s economy. This sector is directly contributing to the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) by building residential & commercial spaces, developing unused land, helping other businesses to grow, inviting local and foreign investments and generating employment.

03.jpg

With the major segment of the population with a middle and low-income group, ensuring standard housing for the whole population is not an easy task here. Though, the private real estate developers have been successful in meeting a large proportion of the national housing demand in the last 40 years. The real estate is developing day by day and proving its fluidity in case of demand and supply.

major segment of the population

The development of building structures being constructed in an unplanned manner is not always in favor of following the building codes. Real estate companies of the country are real growing towards the complete socio economic development. The real estate market of Bangladesh is fixed between 10-15 companies which hold approximately 95% of the entire market shares. The influencing factors are based on the expansion of the efficiency of the overall sector. This data has been collected from 220 customers, 15 real estate experts and 20 real estate professionals from capital city & the nearby outskirts.
Sorry, I didn't knew about that. It shouldn't be Dhaka-centric.
& what is progress on that bridge connecting Dhaka to 1/5th of the country.

Sorry, I didn't knew about that. It shouldn't be Dhaka-centric.
& what is progress on that bridge connecting Dhaka to 1/5th of the country.

Well Real-Estate is mainly Dhaka-centric right now because that is where all the Political, social, business, financial, industrial and cultural activities are.

Just what it is - but then that pattern is visible in other nearby countries too, namely Thailand (Bangkok), Malaysia (KL) and Indonesia (Jakarta).

If you are talking about Padma Bridge, construction work is largely completed and work on roadways and railway track is progressing well. Opening ETA would be sometime early next year.

PM herself arranged for 100 more reaper-harvester combines for Sunamganj haor area Boro rice harvest activities because of severe labor shortage in that area. This is in addition to 130 or so provided earlier. Total area under harvest scope is 15000 hectares and the total Boro rice output expected is about 8,85,000 metric tonnes.

Some small outfit is bringing in Indonesian CKD kit in Bangladesh for an SUV, they have assembled the first batch. But calling this "Made in Bangladesh" is going a bit far. Some one should explain this to the company directors. Shame. @Indos brother what is the reputation of this SUV in Indonesia? Thanks for your reply.

https://www.dfskmotors.co.id/id/cars/glory-i-auto

Some small outfit is bringing in Indonesian CKD kit in Bangladesh for an SUV, they have assembled the first batch. But calling this "Made in Bangladesh" is going a bit far. Some one should explain this to the company directors. Shame. @Indos brother what is the reputation of this SUV in Indonesia? Thanks for your reply.

I am not an automotive enthusiast, can you give me the original name of the car ? As far as I know we only produce Japanese made SUV where one of them is developed in Indonesia like Toyota Kijang. One of Wuling car from China produced in Indonesia also has more than 70 % their components made in Indonesia.

I am not an automotive enthusiast, can you give me the original name of the car ? As far as I know we only produce Japanese made SUV where one of them is developed in Indonesia like Toyota Kijang. One of Wuling car from China produced in Indonesia also has more than 70 % their components made in Indonesia.

Brother this SUV is made by DFSK motors in Indonesia. Model is called Glory-i-auto.

Last edited:
Rupayan Business Park, I Block, Bashundhara

15 storied office building with 3 levels for underground parking, firefighting system and grand entrance
Business-park.jpg

45420977_1984989084912194_7024516169063202816_n.jpg

1619585659894-png.1423666

Morphosis Tower, Tejgaon

GREEN HANNAN TOWER

Video about the five/six planned satellite cities around Dhaka
Proposed commercial project at Tejgaon

Dhaka in lockdown from the air.
Around Gulshan...
8.jpg

9.jpg

154580605_10158492948248171_2123421531970560373_n.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:
118616271_1666107090221301_4286935689401252781_n.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent single family residence planned/executed by 'Shatotto' which is one of the leading and award-winning architectural ateliers in Dhaka.

Project Brief:-
Land Area: 5399.99 sft.
Year Of Completion: 2018
Client: Majumder Arif Family
Design Firm: SHATOTTO architecture for green living
Principal Architect: Ar. Rafiq Azam
Photography by: Ar. Rafiq Azam & Will Scott

The Majumder Arif Residence, a single extended family house, is a contemporary architectural design of edifying relationships among built materials and natural elements. Dhaka-based architecture studio SHATOTTO completed this project in 2018 in Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. SHATOTTO’s intention was to create a space for living in privacy along with cross ventilation, ample daylight, and vegetation. The challenge of the plot was its north-facing orientation. The north-facing buildings are deprived of the monsoon summer wind and winter sun in Dhaka because of its subtropical climate due to 24.5° latitude. Furthermore, the other sides of the plot are surrounded by the backsides of seven and eight storied buildings that do not allow the sun to enter the building and the eye to enjoy the sky and nature from the building. To deal with the challenges, the design decision was to divide the whole building into three segments to welcome the sunlight whole day. Eastern segment is left empty from the third floor for the courtyard and garden up to the top. The intentional use of glass roof with some small holes and glass stairs in this segment welcome the sunlight to peep and rain to fall into the house. This segment provides amicable view of bouncing greenery, play of sunlight and rain drops to the residents of the house.

Placement of utilities and parking spaces on basement; reception, games room and substation on the ground level; parents’ living area on first floor; formal living, dining, and family living on the duplex, containing second and third floor; library, formal living and bar area on fourth floor; conference room with large void space on fifth floor; electro-mechanical support facilities of swimming pool, gymnasium and pavilion on sixth floor, swimming pool with deck, bar-b-que space and green orchard on seventh floor; garden with open space on eighth floor - has opted for implementing the "stacking" design to provide much space on the ground and other levels. The use of exposed concrete, having an unfurnished surface was done intentionally to make the building sustainable in the highly humid climate of Bangladesh which gives the house a "natural" look. Alternation of water in different water bodies, gardens with bouncing greeneries, passage for breezes to create natural ventilation to the many openings, windows and terraces on each floor and hollow spaces - has brought "fluidity" in the design of the house.

The architect’s philosophy was to design the house in such a way that it does not deprive people from enjoying the sky and the natural beauty. So, the endeavor was to embed porosity in design to delight the eye with vista rather than limiting the vision. When the pedestrians look at the house from the street, they can see the sky through the house and the trees coming out of the house. Interestingly, in winter, the sunlight enters into the house and the building passes the sunlight to shine the road, in front of the house, while adjacent buildings cast shadow on the street. Intense desire and relentless effort for establishing the connection with nature have made the house a space for living in nature.

=AZUMBMhe2hQy5NaxrrQWXCcDpokKoBRI06kAlupZDR14Y_5sPK2NxQS3xmQ3ctbxE67qbKQNmA6WYBGjLKgvMMAM9eHYAlZTZZyDUb4oCsYDE3j2tpdj1pZj4zU6OyUzEBLxH_SMw9EAgi6AzNPiV9oBkY4zy0Ag8TwOn97MUIhhTj-AZxLGtPqcSWL6kLM4J7Y&tn=*bH-R']1431814

=AZUMBMhe2hQy5NaxrrQWXCcDpokKoBRI06kAlupZDR14Y_5sPK2NxQS3xmQ3ctbxE67qbKQNmA6WYBGjLKgvMMAM9eHYAlZTZZyDUb4oCsYDE3j2tpdj1pZj4zU6OyUzEBLxH_SMw9EAgi6AzNPiV9oBkY4zy0Ag8TwOn97MUIhhTj-AZxLGtPqcSWL6kLM4J7Y&tn=*bH-R']1431818

exploiting the resources of Bay if Bengal could boost the economy. A survey of the gas fields in our maritime area is essential.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom