What's new

Bangladesh dump Pakistan 17-0 in SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship

Great to see PK is fielding female soccer team with appropriate dress in every level. It is just a matter of time these young ladies will catch up.
BD plays in top asian level. Not a fair competition.

Bangladesh does not play football either. Popularity of football is pretty much zero.

But we should resist the gloating. It is just the coaching and not the kids. I am sure with better organization, funding and coaching - Pakistan can do way better.

BD invests in football and it is popular in your country.

Pakistan is all about cricket, hockey, squash, and weightlifting.

We also don’t give proper attention to women teams as well should, except cricket and hockey.

Great to see PK is fielding female soccer team with appropriate dress in every level. It is just a matter of time these young ladies will catch up.
BD plays in top asian level. Not a fair competition.

This is still controversial in Pakistan, hence many capable women don’t play.

We don’t want invest in football, although we should. Our focus is cricket and hockey:

We just hammered them in Asia cup as well. We r doing great in every aspects of our lives, a clear sign of a great prosperous nation.

Check also for an authoritarian government which crushes domestic dissent and puppets itself to India.

Hope BD gets better leaders.

It seems some people in BD consider PK as a rival, but for us we focus our rivalry on India whom we have crushed many times in cricket and hockey.

This is still controversial in Pakistan, hence many capable women don’t play.

We don’t want invest in football, although we should. Our focus is cricket and hockey:

Few girls from a remote village primary school in BD changed everything. If I could remember the name of that primary school is Kalshindur Primary School .Now every girl wants to be a soccer player...
You need motivating factor and win to convince the others..

You can read here
https://en.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/news/76425/Amazing-football-by-Kalsindur-girls

Few girls from a remote village primary school in BD changed everything. If I could remember the name of that primary school is Kalshindur Primary School .Now every girl wants to be a soccer player...
You need motivating factor and win to convince the others..

You can read here
https://en.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/news/76425/Amazing-football-by-Kalsindur-girls

We produce more female doctors and professionals than most Muslim nations. Our priorities are different.

We produce more female doctors and professionals than most Muslim nations. Our priorities are different.

And even with this focus elsewhere, you won I think 4 medals in Asian games recently? Bangladesh won a big fat zero (they normally get at least 1)...it angered lot of ppl here! So they need a bit of feelz ego on complete non-important results.

Why do I see a tendency to twist the truth every-which-way by some people?

Only 23% of practicing Medical doctors in Pakistan are females. The reason for going to medical school for females in Pakistan are simple, much easier to get 'Rishta' that way to being eligible as brides. Being a doctor for a female is part of being an attractive prospect for being a daughter-in-law.

Most females graduating medical school in Pakistan end up at home being housewives. This is the culture in Pakistan, we all know it. As a society, Pakistani lower and lower middle class folks cannot accept female doctors yet...

In upper middle and middle classes, the only two acceptable professions for females are being doctors and teachers. Ergo, disproportionately high numbers of females in those professions in Pakistan.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34042751

Last edited:
A bit off topic - but Bangladeshi womens' achievement nonetheless.

2008-11-08__pcp02.jpg

Kazi, Zohra Begum(1912-2007)

Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi, the first Bangali Muslim woman physician, was born of an enlightened family at Rajnangaon in the United Province, India on 15 October 1912. Her father Dr. Kazi Abdus Sattar, a renowned political personality hailed from the Kazi family of Gopalpur in Kalkini upazila of Madaripur district. A brilliant student from her childhood Zohra Begum Kazi used to secure the first position in all the public examinations. Finally she got the MBBS degree from the Delhi Harding Medical College for Women in 1935. For topping the list in the first class she was awarded the Viceroy’s Medal.

Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi started her service career at the ‘Sebashram’ of Mahatma Gandhi. Later on she worked in different hospitals of British India until her migration to East Pakistan in 1947. Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi was married to Razuuddin Bhuiyan MP, the only son of the zamindar of Hatirdia in Raipur upazila of the district of Narsingdi.

The next stage of her distinguished career commenced in 1948 when she joined the Dhaka medical college and hospital which was still lacking in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Zohra Kazi took initiative in founding the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to mitigate the sufferings of the female patients who were not keen to seek outdoor treatment from the male doctors. To expand the medical facilities to the generality she also took initiative in founding the Obstetrics and Gynecology department at the Mitford Medical College and Hospital, Dhaka. To get advanced training, Dr. Zohra Kazi was offered a scholarship in 1955 to go abroad for higher training. She returned obtaining the DRCOG, FCPS, FRCOG and MRCOG degrees from the UK, and joined the Dhaka Medical College And Hospital as Professor and Head of the Department. She was also attached to the Holy Family Red Crescent Hospital and the Combined Military Hospital as a senior Consultant.

Though born and brought up outside Bengal, her ancestral homeland, she could read write and speak Bengali fluently apart from Hindi, Urdu and Arabic. She was actively involved in Language Movement (1952).

Because of her long selfless service to the cause of humanity, Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi was awarded the Tamgha-e-Pakistan (1964), Begum Rokeya Padak (2002) and Ekushay Padak (2008).

Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi died on 7 November 2007. [Shirin Akhtar]

Only 23% of practicing Medical doctors in Pakistan are females. The reason for going to medical school for females in Pakistan are simple, much easier to get 'Rishta' that way to being eligible as brides. Being a doctor for a female is part of being an attractive prospect for being a daughter-in-law.

Most females graduating medical school in Pakistan end up at home being housewives. This is the culture in Pakistan, we all know it. As a society, Pakistani lower and lower middle class folks cannot accept female doctors yet...

In upper middle and middle classes, the only two acceptable professions for females are being doctors and teachers. Ergo, disproportionately high numbers of females in those professions in Pakistan.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34042751

You are getting off topic.

Probably you should stop talking about Pakistan, before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

BBC on Pakistan is like quoting The Hindu.

A bit off topic - but Bangladeshi womens' achievement nonetheless.

2008-11-08__pcp02.jpg

Kazi, Zohra Begum(1912-2007)

Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi, the first Bangali Muslim woman physician, was born of an enlightened family at Rajnangaon in the United Province, India on 15 October 1912. Her father Dr. Kazi Abdus Sattar, a renowned political personality hailed from the Kazi family of Gopalpur in Kalkini upazila of Madaripur district. A brilliant student from her childhood Zohra Begum Kazi used to secure the first position in all the public examinations. Finally she got the MBBS degree from the Delhi Harding Medical College for Women in 1935. For topping the list in the first class she was awarded the Viceroy’s Medal.

Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi started her service career at the ‘Sebashram’ of Mahatma Gandhi. Later on she worked in different hospitals of British India until her migration to East Pakistan in 1947. Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi was married to Razuuddin Bhuiyan MP, the only son of the zamindar of Hatirdia in Raipur upazila of the district of Narsingdi.

The next stage of her distinguished career commenced in 1948 when she joined the Dhaka medical college and hospital which was still lacking in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Zohra Kazi took initiative in founding the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to mitigate the sufferings of the female patients who were not keen to seek outdoor treatment from the male doctors. To expand the medical facilities to the generality she also took initiative in founding the Obstetrics and Gynecology department at the Mitford Medical College and Hospital, Dhaka. To get advanced training, Dr. Zohra Kazi was offered a scholarship in 1955 to go abroad for higher training. She returned obtaining the DRCOG, FCPS, FRCOG and MRCOG degrees from the UK, and joined the Dhaka Medical College And Hospital as Professor and Head of the Department. She was also attached to the Holy Family Red Crescent Hospital and the Combined Military Hospital as a senior Consultant.

Though born and brought up outside Bengal, her ancestral homeland, she could read write and speak Bengali fluently apart from Hindi, Urdu and Arabic. She was actively involved in Language Movement (1952).

Because of her long selfless service to the cause of humanity, Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi was awarded the Tamgha-e-Pakistan (1964), Begum Rokeya Padak (2002) and Ekushay Padak (2008).

Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi died on 7 November 2007. [Shirin Akhtar]

Belittling female physicians in Pakistan, but elevating your female physicians.

Fascist Awami League nature is bleeding through your posts.

It's exactly this reason that I get caught up in these Bangladesh-Pakistan shitstorms these days. Not sure whether they are completely ignorant about outside world or just being influenced by their elites to believe in these fancy fictions.

They just get away with it because it's Pakistan Defence Forum, outside they would be the prime targets for bullying for their fancy statements.

Last edited:
It's exactly this reason that I get caught up in these Bangladesh-Pakistan shitstorms these days. Not sure whether they are completely ignorant about outside world or just being influenced by their elites to believe in these fancy fictions.

They just get away with it because it's Pakistan Defence Forum, outside they would be the prime targets for bullying for their fancy statements.

I don't believe everyone is completely ignorant per se over there. But the level of blind religious propaganda as a tool of subjugation and indoctrination of the less enlightened in Pakistan is higher than in the East - that I am certain about. The causative element is again, the need to subjugate people in the name of something (religion is conveniently omnipresent), lack of exposure and lack of questioning basic concepts like strict literal religious dogma.

Even in formative years of Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh) back in the Islamic Golden Age, there existed a system of reasonable debate and discourse. No longer in the 21st century.

Blind dogma presents the worst caveman quality that our religion has ever presented, led by cavemen type uncivilized figureheads in today's Islamic world led by Sharia countries. Hence the worst qualities of Islam presented to the world in vivid reality (like medieval public beheading and subjugation of women), further negative propaganda about Islam by its enemies is wholly redundant and unnecessary.

Things are bad. We live in the darkest age of Islam worldwide as Muslims, that even the most learned Muslims will admit.

Belittling female physicians in Pakistan, but elevating your female physicians.

Fascist Awami League nature is bleeding through your posts.

Yeah we are all fascists - letting women get educated, have equal pay, social standing and even letting them run our country.

I am not belittling Pakistani women, it is Pakistan's inability as a country that it cannot create careers and social opportunities for women so women can stand on their own two feet instead of depending on men as chattel, property and baby making machines.

That woman doctor from our part of the world, born in 1912, got awarded the Tamgha-e-Pakistan in the mid 60's as a FEMALE physician for her achievements. At a time when you could count the number of capable MALE doctors in Karachi on your fingers. How many of THEM got the TeP?

She single-handedly set up the well-equipped (for the time) GYNEE, PreNatal and NeoNatal wards at Dhaka Medical College Hospital in the 50's after serving earlier in the Indian medical board taking care of Gandhijee's personal health. In that sense East Pakistani society was about fifty years ahead of West Pakistan to tolerate and nurture a woman leader like her.

I know you guys hate Hasina - but the leader of the opposition, the speaker and the PM in Bangladesh are all women. Have been for the past twenty years. You guys had Benazir, sadly she's not around anymore. Different level of evolution.

There are way more girls in primary to tertiary level education in Bangladesh than boys. For the last two decades. Even in the remotest jungle areas. As a result fertility rate is around replacement rate, and even lower than India.

Bangladesh leads the subcontinent in female workplace integration, and is second only to Philippines in Asia.

I could go on - but I rest my case.

Unwanted advice is wasted on those who don't want it.

You have to understand what benefits these things bring, otherwise it is pointless to talk about it. Thankfully we are training quite a few Pakistani women leaders in Bangladesh and things will change...

BBC on Pakistan is like quoting The Hindu.

Yup BBC has an evil Zionist agenda against Pakistan. I think if Pakistan does this type of long term societal damage against itself, then who needs Zionists?

And reporting the truth (that too by local Pakistani journalists) should never be a crime. Bud, I hang out with my Pakistani buddies, visit Pakistan on a yearly basis, so I have more insights than your average Bangladeshi.

By the way the Hindu (in spite of the name) is the most liberal Indian daily - and is far more balanced toward Pakistan than other Indian rags.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom