What's new

Bangladesh Cricket board agreed to visit Pakistan

It would be so much fun if Pakistan refuses to host DB, but sadly Pakistan doesn't refuse anything, our politician think anything can bring money in their pocket so never refuse

It would be so much fun if Pakistan refuses to host DB, but sadly Pakistan doesn't refuse anything, our politician think anything can bring money in their pocket so never refuse

Well, listen 30% awami supporters including 1 crore hindu are opposing the tour. They are already protesting on social media and in front of cricket board office! Last time Cricket board wanted to send our players just to keep the promise given to Pak board someone filed a case against it.... So it stopped. So how do you people blame our cricket board for that??? All i know, they waited for december to pass by as it is related to victory month, and sending Team again in January! People like Imran khan will never understand the situation, but i believe sane people still live in pakistan.

By the way 54 pakistanis are taking Part in auction of BPL out of 130 players!

Then i would recommend that if PCB would have been a smart board, then you guys bargain the same for each country...
Why donot you start your own T20 league and then try to put pressure to the world that if you don't send your test team then none of Pak player will take part in their T20 league....Believe me....without Pakistan players, cricket is not the same man...
And again T20 without Pak players is just like we are missing too many exciting players to be part of this game...
I hope that after INDIA and PAK series, IPL should include Pakistan players in the team to increase the competitiveness of the game....

Pakistani T20 league will be a mess. I seriously feel we are not in a position to provide security to foreign players at least not in that number. We will be more comfortable if only a single team is available otherwise one incident like SriLankan team then it will be really hard to call even Afghanistan...

A good decision made by PCB, single team for a short period of time. I do not think we should call India rather we should start with Zimbabwe, Kenya and other small teams.

Then i would recommend that if PCB would have been a smart board, then you guys bargain the same for each country...
Why donot you start your own T20 league and then try to put pressure to the world that if you don't send your test team then none of Pak player will take part in their T20 league....Believe me....without Pakistan players, cricket is not the same man...
And again T20 without Pak players is just like we are missing too many exciting players to be part of this game...
I hope that after INDIA and PAK series, IPL should include Pakistan players in the team to increase the competitiveness of the game....

PPL is on definitely on cards and PCB is confident to hold it in March 2013. They have even appointed former ICC chief Haroon Logart as the consultant for PPL.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

PCB thinks by successfully hosting BD, it would give confidence to other foreign players and more and more foreign players would participate in the league. So this BD tour is also related to PPL.

Pakistani T20 league will be a mess. I seriously feel we are not in a position to provide security to foreign players at least not in that number. We will be more comfortable if only a single team is available otherwise one incident like SriLankan team then it will be really hard to call even Afghanistan...

A good decision made by PCB, single team for a short period of time. I do not think we should call India rather we should start with Zimbabwe, Kenya and other small teams.

Lol what are you talking about? PCB is hell bent on organizing PPL next year in March.

well good news. lets hope they don't change their mind at last moment as they did in past :D

PCB was waiting for the right moment to strike like wounded lion. You see PC got BCB by the ball this time. No tour, no Pak players in BPL. Let us hope smooth ending of this dramabaazi. ;)

Bangaldesh undecided over Pakistan tour
December 22 2012 at 05:47pm
By Reuters

Bangladesh will ask the ICC to assess the security situation in Pakistan before making a decision on their tour.

Dhaka – Bangladesh have not made a definitive decision to tour Pakistan next month, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hasan said on Saturday, contradicting statements by his counterpart Zaka Ashraf.

Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ashraf said on Friday that the BCB had confirmed a visit in January, which would make Bangladesh the first international side to set foot in Pakistan since armed militants attacked the Sri Lanka team bus in Lahore in 2009.

“They have given us a date, which is January 12. We will ask the ICC to complete their security assessment for match officials and the moment they finalise their stance, we can give our confirmation,” Nazmul told the BBC's Bengali service.

Nazmul hopes the International Cricket Council (ICC) will give its go-ahead.

“We have made a commitment to travel to Pakistan. It is my understanding that it is even in the minutes of an ICC meeting that we will go,” Nazmul added.

“Since we have made the commitment and if we think the security arrangement is satisfactory, I think we should go.”

Bangladesh had agreed to send a team to Pakistan in April this year to play a Twenty20 match and one-day international in Lahore. However, the Dhaka High Court issued a restraining order stopping Bangladesh from playing in Pakistan due to security concerns.

Eight Pakistanis were killed and six Sri Lanka players wounded in 2009 when gunmen fired on their coach as they were being driven to the Gaddafi stadium in Lahore.

“We will take every possible precaution before going. In my opinion, we can reach a final decision in the next 2-4 days,” Nazmul said. – Reuter
:rofl: i was right, they will end up cancelling hours before the matches begin

What can they do? India certainly won't tour Pakistan anytime soon.

India's Top Players May Not Tour Pakistan, Says Sunil Gavaskar

Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar expressed apprehensions about the prospect of Indian cricketers touring Pakistan in near future.

© AFP
New Delhi: Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar expressed apprehensions about the prospect of Indian cricketers touring Pakistan in near future. The ending of a six-year long spell of isolation from international cricket may be seen as a major headway by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) but Gavaskar termed Zimbabwe's tour to the country a "baby step".

Zimbabwe are the first Test side to tour Pakistan in six years since the terrorist attack on the Sri Lanka national cricket team bus in March 2009. "Whatever the country's Boards may decide, I am sure not many top Indian players would like to go there and play if they are asked today. After what happened in 2009, most players would refuse to tour the country," Gavaskar told NDTV.

Asked about the Zimbabwe tour that started on Saturday with a T20 international, he said, "It will be just a baby step. There are more steps required before it can say that international cricket is back in Pakistan."

Gavaskar, though, insisted that it would be a huge thing for the Pakistani youngsters to see their cricketing heroes live in action. "It is good for the young Pakistanis to see their heroes play in front of their eyes in flesh and blood in the national colours," the batting legend said.

The Sri Lankan cricket team attack took place in March 2009, when the bus carrying the cricketers, was fired upon by 12 gunmen, near the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

The cricketers were on their way to play the third day of the second Test against Pakistan. Six members of the Sri Lanka national cricket team were injured, while six Pakistani policemen and two civilians were killed.

What can they do? India certainly won't tour Pakistan anytime soon.

India's Top Players May Not Tour Pakistan, Says Sunil Gavaskar

Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar expressed apprehensions about the prospect of Indian cricketers touring Pakistan in near future.

© AFP
New Delhi: Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar expressed apprehensions about the prospect of Indian cricketers touring Pakistan in near future. The ending of a six-year long spell of isolation from international cricket may be seen as a major headway by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) but Gavaskar termed Zimbabwe's tour to the country a "baby step".

Zimbabwe are the first Test side to tour Pakistan in six years since the terrorist attack on the Sri Lanka national cricket team bus in March 2009. "Whatever the country's Boards may decide, I am sure not many top Indian players would like to go there and play if they are asked today. After what happened in 2009, most players would refuse to tour the country," Gavaskar told NDTV.

Asked about the Zimbabwe tour that started on Saturday with a T20 international, he said, "It will be just a baby step. There are more steps required before it can say that international cricket is back in Pakistan."

Gavaskar, though, insisted that it would be a huge thing for the Pakistani youngsters to see their cricketing heroes live in action. "It is good for the young Pakistanis to see their heroes play in front of their eyes in flesh and blood in the national colours," the batting legend said.

The Sri Lankan cricket team attack took place in March 2009, when the bus carrying the cricketers, was fired upon by 12 gunmen, near the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

The cricketers were on their way to play the third day of the second Test against Pakistan. Six members of the Sri Lanka national cricket team were injured, while six Pakistani policemen and two civilians were killed.
Man that news was of 2012 and they had even cacelled that tour.

well dear Pakistan brother HERE WE COME
see you next year :rofl:

Let the small countries come and play, we will see the situation if everything is okay. Only after thorough analysis if it is feasible then we can event start inviting bigger teams like India, SA, Aus and Eng.

In all honesty, India should be supportive to Pakistan. You talk a lot about confidence building, trust deficit right? What steps does your country to take to do that?

Being a neighbor and having political differences, we should reach out to each other wherever opportunity affords us too. Your country does not even let our player play IPL. Expecting help from you is asking too much I guess.

That Gavaskar comment was unsolicited. No one asked your team to tour Pakistan. It just shows a little itch somewhere in the back side.

You dont want to come? We dont want to invite.

In all honesty, India should be supportive to Pakistan. You talk a lot about confidence building, trust deficit right? What steps does your country to take to do that?

Being a neighbor and having political differences, we should reach out to each other wherever opportunity affords us too. Your country does not even let our player play IPL. Expecting help from you is asking too much I guess.

That Gavaskar comment was unsolicited. No one asked your team to tour Pakistan. It just shows a little itch somewhere in the back side.

You dont want to come? We dont want to invite.

Guys..for BCCI, IPL is a money making enterprise...Although some section including ordinary people like me, would like to see Pakistan players to be in IPL and bilateral series, but problem is that is always a risk that if something goes wrong like Mumbai attack, then whoever political party initiates the cricket series will be facing the political blunt from the people...That is why no one would like to take the risk...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom