What's new

Bangladesh Army

Lol me and @ghost250 is like Steve Carell in this video. :lol: Yup first batch will be delivered soon and there's absolutely nothing to worry about. :-):disagree::rolleyes:

120km and 280km actually. You can't just compare them with a 400km range missile and feel relax about it. Until BD buy MR-SAM we will be at kinda disadvantage. And who gave you that numbers? Covid-19 delayed major defense purchase and there are lots of things on the list to buy and absorb. Expect 5 years or more delay to take them the initiative.

But it's true that nowadays we get more update than before from DGDP, ISPR, local and international news sources.
r vai,ora military rule e aseh akhno..oder sathe arms er competition e jaiya laav nai to re vai nd amra parbo o naa..gas beche,dami stone beche ,ostro kine..amdr west er vai gular dike takan ekbar....dada der sathe palla diya arms kinte jaiya ki obstha korse nijeder ortho_nitir....eiii coronar bipod ta jaak,deri hok,tobuo valo jinish tai ashuk..r ettoo boro ekta jinish kinse ora but janes or tass or rt te kono khobor nai..tai ektu confused chhilam r kii..@kamikaze vai ;);)

Last edited:
ha ha ha,good one !!:alcoholic::alcoholic: on a serious note,according to defres roketsan now working on t-300s tr-3000k/k+ missile nd they will extend the range to 180 km which will come to service in 2021(not comparing them with sy400)....type A gmlrs evaluation notice was published in 2018 nd i think BA alrdy made up their mind ..yes due to corona this project may take little longer thn expected but 5 years is little far fetched..
r vai,ora military rule e aseh akhno..oder sathe arms er competition e jaiya laav nai to re vai nd amra parbo o naa..gas beche,dami stone beche ,ostro kine..amdr west er vai gular dike takan ekbar....dada der sathe palla diya arms kinte jaiya ki obstha korse nijeder ortho_nitir....eiii coronar bipod ta jaak,deri hok,tobuo valo jinish tai ashuk..r ettoo boro ekta jinish kinse ora but janes or tass or rt te kono khobor nai..tai ektu confused chhilam r kii..@kamikaze vai ;);)

Are you trying to say army might buy this new block? Cause i don't think it will happen. Army already signed contract for Block 1 and Type A GMLRS covers that 180km range already. @cabatli_53 do you know anything about this T-300 Block 3 or TR-3000k/k+ missile?

If BD really delays the expected MRCA, MR-SAM etc contract due to COVID-19 then five years is not too far fetched as there are lot more major items on the pending list such as frigate, submarine, attack helicopter, 155mm howitzer etc. Those will at four-five years to be finalized and absorbed by our military if you really notice our procurement pace and drama. Anyway time will tell what's gonna happen next, not saying i am 100% confirm but just not expecting much.

Also we don't need to participate in any competition. Just buy what is absolutely necessary and planned under FG-2030 without further delay and that will be enough to counter the threat i believe. Although it was vogue the army did mention about surface to surface attack missile and if you remember the tiny mention of Russian offer of Iskander missile from New Age report. So you can say there's a plan for ballistic missile, if BD can manage to acquire all of them within 2030 then it will be enough for us.

Are you trying to say army might buy this new block? Cause i don't think it will happen. Army already signed contract for Block 1 and Type A GMLRS covers that 180km range already. @cabatli_53 do you know anything about this T-300 Block 3 or TR-3000k/k+ missile?

If BD really delays the expected MRCA, MR-SAM etc contract due to COVID-19 then five years is not too far fetched as there are lot more major items on the pending list such as frigate, submarine, attack helicopter, 155mm howitzer etc. Those will at four-five years to be finalized and absorbed by our military if you really notice our procurement pace and drama. Anyway time will tell what's gonna happen next, not saying i am 100% confirm but just not expecting much.

Also we don't need to participate in any competition. Just buy what is absolutely necessary and planned under FG-2030 without further delay and that will be enough to counter the threat i believe. Although it was vogue the army did mention about surface to surface attack missile and if you remember the tiny mention of Russian offer of Iskander missile from New Age report. So you can say there's a plan for ballistic missile, if BD can manage to acquire all of them within 2030 then it will be enough for us.

A few months ago, As far as I remember, Turkish state Tv made a news about sale of TRG-300 Kaplan artillery rockets to Bangladesh but they didn’t give much detail about deal. That’s what I know about it.

I do not think it will take 5 years before BAF gets 4+ generation fighters, even with Covid-19 as this is a pressing priority.

Frigates, submarines and attack helicopters can wait a little longer over fighter aircraft.

My guess is that the delay will be no longer than 6 months as I expect most of the world to be out of this crisis on the whole within the next 3-6 months.

Last edited:
K+ is the name of TRG-300 missiles called “Tiger”. Tiger missiles have actively used on Syria operations including Idlib against Asad Army. Turkeu destroyed Asad’s army hangars with these missiles.

So that means in theory they can destroy air bases, good to know. BD can use these as a force multiplier against India if the time comes.

I admit Sky Dragon 50 is the best possible MR SAM for cost. 50km range, and 20km altitude combined with active radar homing. I doubt it will be bought, but one can wish.

EScw5GyWoAAeR9o

So that means in theory they can destroy air bases, good to know. BD can use these as a force multiplier against India if the time comes.

I admit Sky Dragon 50 is the best possible MR SAM for cost. 50km range, and 20km altitude combined with active radar homing. I doubt it will be bought, but one can wish.

EScw5GyWoAAeR9o
how could they stop a salvo of 50+ 300mm rockets??!! :D:D

hi, latest update on delivery date.

First batch has already been delivered.
Confirmed by Sichuan Aerospace Industry Corporation (SY-400 developer) wechat account.

source:
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2...hort-range-ballistic-missile-srbm-to-myanmar/
any other source except this ,bro??this website has severe credibility issues ..

um just saying that if they(roketsan) could extend the range of t-300s missile by 60 kilometers,why wouldnt BA go for that modified missile???yes,that 180km range eventually fall under type A gmlrs but if that project(type A gmlrs) delays for couple of more years then bangladesh army will surely go after that modified missile..

hi, latest update on delivery date.

First batch has already been delivered.
Confirmed by Sichuan Aerospace Industry Corporation (SY-400 developer) wechat account.

source:
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2...hort-range-ballistic-missile-srbm-to-myanmar/

Dude please not that retard's website. There's lot more credible websites available. Use them instead. @Aung Zaya any idea how many you ordered as it says "first batch"? You have tendency to order in big amount.

K+ is the name of TRG-300 missiles called “Tiger”.

So there's no plan to extend the range to 180km?

I do not think it will take 5 years before BAF gets 4+ generation fighters, even with Covid-19 as this is a pressing priority.

Frigates, submarines and attack helicopters can wait a little longer over fighter aircraft.

My guess is that the delay will be no longer than 6 months as I expect most of the world to be out of this crisis on the whole within the next 3-6 months.

Not talking about fighter jets particularly, it's about Type-A GMLRS order. Add those six months and there are only two months left. I am not counting this year anymore. The situation Europe and USA is still not improving. Number of new cases and deaths are also rising in BD and i have no confidence in our health-care system if things get worse. The economy and development work is also in risk. So it's still too early to say anything about this year.

They might order attack helicopter first as it seems on the top of the list. The frigates will be next as their construction is already behind schedule, it was supposed to be started in previous year. Navy will start working on submarine 2021. But before submarine they will order submarine rescue vessel, 120mm mortar, LPC, radio equipment etc. Then ocean research/survey vessel, sailing ship, construction of new yard, OPV, light transport aircraft, new basic trainer, long range MPA will be next. So lots of stuff to buy, sure will take time to order new GMLRS.

um just saying that if they(roketsan) could extend the range of t-300s missile by 60 kilometers,why wouldnt BA go for that modified missile???yes,that 180km range eventually fall under type A gmlrs but if that project(type A gmlrs) delays for couple of more years then bangladesh army will surely go after that modified missile..

It's just a evaluation of Type A, no real guarantee that they will buy it or when they will buy it. Just like any evaluation. The way they are mentioning other stuffs, it doesn't look like Type A is their concern now. And new version of missile means price may also go up. Don't think it's logical to pay extra if Type A already gets the job done.

Using a 180km range missile as stop gap for 280km missile is a hilarious idea. More importantly we don't really know if army will really go for that extended range. Wait for them to receive the delivery first which might take last quarter of 2021. Also read the reply above to UKBengali.

PS- Not the person you think i am.

Last edited:
@Ronin not to derail anything bhai but when are we getting the VT-5's?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/VT-5_Light_Tank.webm

I don't know when they ordered it. Usually most deliveries happen within 24 month minimum (in batch or not).

Pakistan-India's old rivalry is on different level. Pakistan's military capability, geopolitics, geography, foreign policy is different. Their missile inventory is rich, they have nuclear capability as insurance to keep India in check. I wish BD could have some of their capability. Remember how maritime dispute pushed BD to modernize navy and other wings? You don't need to fine competition, it will find you.

Back
Top Bottom