What's new

Bangladesh Army

Sir, what about ground pressure? Singapore use Leo 2's.

Tank warfare requires rapid movement and ground cover. The problem for tanks in Bangladesh is not the soft aluvial soil but the numerous crisscrossing rivers.

Apart from the far north and the far east, Bangladesh is virtually flat as a pan cake, so you would think it would be ideal tank country right? But if anyone takes a closer look at the terrain, you'll come across a massive ditch or a river to cross etc every few kilometers or so.

So the fastest any armoured force can advance is as fast as their bridge laying capacity, plus they have to take into consideration the season. All in all its not the best tank country, infact light anti tank forces would have a field day in Bangladesh against heavy armoured forces.

Tank warfare requires rapid movement and ground cover. The problem for tanks in Bangladesh is not the soft aluvial soil but the numerous crisscrossing rivers.

Apart from the far north and the far east, Bangladesh is virtually flat as a pan cake, so you would think it would be ideal tank country right? But if anyone takes a closer look at the terrain, you'll come across a massive ditch or a river to cross etc every few kilometers or so.

So the fastest any armoured force can advance is as fast as their bridge laying capacity, plus they have to take into consideration the season. All in all its not the best tank country, infact light anti tank forces would have a field day in Bangladesh against heavy armoured forces.

In the dry season any tank specially the Russian ones can cross the rivers without even a bridge.

images

How's about other origin, pal?
In that river condition most 3rd generation tank can cross that in deep water you need Bridge Laying Tank, you can call them Gaint Transformers which can lay bridge on big rivers like Ganga in 90 minute.

@BoQ77, @masud, @iajdani
1.River crossings by armor is a difficult op even with the most modern eqpt. Our rivers pose special challenges.The banks are muddy/marshy and would hold any wheel/chain like glue. Our rivers are nothing like European or Pakistani rivers. Moreover these are v wide in most places. In 1971 IA's PT 76s heated up and got stranded in midstream Meghna. Civilian motor launches had to tow them to the shore.

2. Our terrain is totally unsuitable for tank battles. We need tanks for the anti-tank role, and for ops trans-border.W Bengal, Bihar and NE till reaching the Himalayan foothills are good for tank battles as had been fought in the Battle of Bulge /Black Forest.

In that river condition most 3rd generation tank can cross that in deep water you need Bridge Laying Tank, you can call them Gaint Transformers which can lay bridge on big rivers like Ganga in 90 minute.
WHY YOU PEOPLE (INDIANS) ALWAYS PUT YOUR NOSE EVERY WHERE ? I DON,T LIKE IT..................:pissed:

WHY YOU PEOPLE (INDIANS) ALWAYS PUT YOUR NOSE EVERY WHERE ? I DON,T LIKE IT..................:pissed:
Neither I quote you neither my post for you.
If you have problem with some people create your own website and allow certain people.

@BoQ77, @masud, @iajdani
1.River crossings by armor is a difficult op even with the most modern eqpt. Our rivers pose special challenges.The banks are muddy/marshy and would hold any wheel/chain like glue. Our rivers are nothing like European or Pakistani rivers. Moreover these are v wide in most places. In 1971 IA's PT 76s heated up and got stranded in midstream Meghna. Civilian motor launches had to tow them to the shore.

2. Our terrain is totally unsuitable for tank battles. We need tanks for the anti-tank role, and for ops trans-border.W Bengal, Bihar and NE till reaching the Himalayan foothills are good for tank battles as had been fought in the Battle of Bulge /Black Forest.

I'm new here, in BD threads. Could you tell me, what's the potential enemies among your neighbors ?

Neither I quote you neither my post for you.
If you have problem with some people create your own website and allow certain people.
WHY YOU POSTING bd army threads ? is not here also indian army thread, can,t you post there?

I'm new here, in BD threads. Could you tell me, what's the potential enemies among your neighbors ?
1. india.
2. mayanmar.

WHY YOU POSTING bd army threads ? is not here also indian army thread, can,t you post there?

1. india.
2. mayanmar.

For what? I mean territory conflict, EEZ conflict, racial ,,, for example

Last edited:
@BoQ77, @masud, @iajdani

My knowledge IS LITTLE but i have my own view...........:enjoy:
in battle field there is always need a platfrom like TANK. tank has a cartai roll that still can,t performed by any other vehicle. now is it important for BANGLADESH ARMY to induct modern havy tank? my answer is no. and you are right about our terain that,s why i always support light advance tank.
Bangladesh Army | Page 168
1. Mayanmar consept
most of our tank ragiment is station near mayanmar border, in a full scal war if mayanmar attack us then bd army deploy them. there tank and our tank are most of same type but they have t-72 but we have none. they have +-36 mig 29 but we have only 8, but recently we deployed HQ type SAM to counter there air supurymacy. our army is batter traind and start to induction more modern weapons and system compare to mayanmar. they have btr-3 we have btr-80, they have nora B-52 WE have also but more advance sensors then them. so in one word the war look like direct conflict . BULLET FOR BULLET.

2. INDIA CONSEPT.
if india attack BD then it,s more like "david vs galaya". they have so many MODERN TANK, su-30 mki, mlrs, tank buster apachee attack choper, mi-24 hind, every thing. so direct attack them is a sucide. but that,s why we bought so many of modern ATGM, BAKTER SHIKAN, 9M133 Kornet, Metis-M, and [URL='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PF-98']PF-98 system. Because our army is traind to garila warfare and according to a u.s.a asian region general/strategist "BANGLADESH IS HAVEN FOR AMBUSH TYPE OF ATTACK[/URL]"

@BoQ77 questions regarding crossing river by other tanks that I reply, neither I have any interest in BD Army neither any grudge.
It is universal armoured warfare doctrine which I reply.
@

@BoQ77, @masud, @iajdani

Even to be used in anti tank role tanks need to traverse the same untankable terrain.

Trans border ops !!!

Please get real.

Back
Top Bottom