What's new

Balochistan will get Western CPEC route. last Government and Allies just did verbal talk

They damaged the interest of the State just so the price of their land next to Eastern Route would go up
TBH, there was no need for the eastern route to begin with...

Last edited:
TBH, there was no need to eastern route to begin with...
Yeah not for CPEC, but Millions of people live along the eastern route and it had to be developed for better Communication.
But I have an issue with their priorities as for CPEC, western route is the most practical.
But they didn't do it for CPEC or those Millions of people, they built Eastern route first cause they had to make personal gains from it and they awarded most of the contracts to the same few chosen companies. They bought most of the land along the Motorways before they were even approved and then sell it later to make huge gains.
These are the tactics in which these so called Democratic leaders put the national interests on the back bench for personal monetary gains.

This is some serious political bs that's being peddled by people who seek to gain in point scoring. The whole eastern and western route stuff is bs.

CPEC is not a route, nor is it solely or even mostly concerned with Gwadar and routes through Pakistan. There is no superhighway of goods and trucks being planned between Gwadar and Kashgar nor is there any legitimacy to the whole eastern vs western route controversy.

A network of infrastructure is being funded and constructed under CPEC portfolio, it includes roads and linkages in ALL provinces. This was going on under the last government and is still going on as planned now, absolutely nothing has changed, except that it's a nice tool to score some cheap political points.

This is some serious political bs that's being peddled by people who seek to gain in point scoring. The whole eastern and western route stuff is bs.

CPEC is not a route, nor is it solely or even mostly concerned with Gwadar and routes through Pakistan. There is no superhighway of goods and trucks being planned between Gwadar and Kashgar nor is there any legitimacy to the whole eastern vs western route controversy.

A network of infrastructure is being funded and constructed under CPEC portfolio, it includes roads and linkages in ALL provinces. This was going on under the last government and is still going on as planned now, absolutely nothing has changed, except that it's a nice tool to score some cheap political points.

Finally a sane voice on PDF.

CPEC is not a route
CPEC is not just a route but the base premise is the routes. What do you think the 'Belt and Road' initiative is about? Movies? Fruit? Or leather belts? It is road, rail networks with economic belts creating new linkages between disconnected or limited connected regions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative

512px-One-belt-one-road.svg.png

And Gwadar is a useless as a car without wheels if it does not have appropriate highways and railways linking it with the hinterland. For a second if you could conjure up a rail link from Gwadar to K-Pk, Punjab, G-B, Sinkiang China, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakistan it would set into a motion a major new trading route.

Over 130 years ago Karachi was like Gwadar. A tiny fishing village disconnected from the vast hinterland. Then the British built the port and connected it to railways with rest of Sindh, NWFP, Punjab etc. It set into motion chain of events. Rest is history.

CPEC is not just a route but the base premise is the routes. What do you think the 'Belt and Road' initiative is about? Movies? Fruit? Or leather belts? It is road, rail networks with economic belts creating new linkages between disconnected or limited connected regions.

Believe me, I've read far more about the extent of the plans under the CPEC portfolio than some politicians and media-persons who, for perhaps no other reason than not doing their research fully, peddle misconceptions regarding CPEC. Note, I am not downplaying the importance of Gwadar, however I am addressing perceptions that have simplified a very complex CPEC portfolio and reduced it down to gwadar+routes.

It is NOT just about trade routes, if you disagree is please do something for me... break down the projects all announced so far, and tell me how much is allocated to energy production vs all other investments, and of the latter residual what percentage are for roads especially those that connect to Gwadar.

You will find that these are a tiny amount, I can tell you that of the initial CPEC investments announced at ~46 billion USD, some ~33 billion (>75%) were for energy, whereas some 12 billion (>25%) was for infrastructure. That infrastructure spans multiple separate MoUs, and those further do not have anything to do with supposed eastern or western routes. And of the road projects, they involve networks of roads between major cities all over Pakistan.

On the subject of route alignment take a look at this map:

58a591d50b092.png

And tell me where you see a supposed singular western or eastern route? Or do you see a network as I have described earlier?

What do you think the 'Belt and Road' initiative is about? Movies? Fruit? Or leather belts? It is road, rail networks with economic belts creating new linkages between disconnected or limited connected regions.

There is still a lot more to the belt and road initiative than just trade routes. The routes are no doubt very important, as is the trade potential. But the same push for Chinese investments is going in Africa. No conceivable magic route lines can be drawn back to China in a map.

China has also spent eye-watering amounts of money in outbound FDI, Chinese FDI is currently reshaping the world economy. M&A activity is surging thanks to Chinese looking abroad. You tell me for example, what does a 43 billion USD acquisition of a Swiss pharma/chemical company have to do with roads and trade routes? Answer; nothing much at all, it's a silent transfer of tech to China. Why is it that so much outbound Chinese investment is spent acquiring high tech companies in the US, EU and UK?

It turns out that China has been running massive trade surpluses year on year and they have long been growing tired of simply purchasing US debt (treasuries), they are also running out of places to invest domestically as China is now a cash-rich economy with cash-rich companies. They have to find alternative investments and are doing a very fine job of planning the next big move for their economy. They are working hard not to only be the world's factory, they are looking to expand abroad, they are making huge progress towards high tech and competing with US tech supremacy. China are also switching on domestic consumption too. There's also an undeniable strategic angle. Media analysts and politicians do not display this level of understanding, we can't rely on their assessments.

Again I will say that, BRI trade routes, Gwadar to Kashgar trade etc are all very important. But they are not both the object and the purpose, all these things are way more complicated than this.

Last edited:
As for as I can see the pdf members have grave knowledge of War toys but they know zilch about the CPEC routes or which roads are already in place for it.

upload_2018-10-16_16-50-39.jpeg

upload_2018-10-16_16-51-4.jpeg

upload_2018-10-16_16-51-28.jpeg

upload_2018-10-16_16-53-15.png

Dark Green: Completed Motorways
Light Green: Under Construction Motorways
Red: Completed Highways
Orange: Under Construction Highways
Pink: Highways recently started.

As you can see Western alignment is closer to completion then any other because everything is already in place. For central alignment feasibility report hasn't been done yet. For eastern alignment the Sukkur - Rato Dero {Red: correction made}section hasn't even started yet.

Last edited:
Believe me
With respect I am aware of the major share taken by energy projects. The simple reason was before you build any networks you need to sort out the [then] crippling energy deficit. But te fact is the underpining of CPEC or starting point is 'corridor'. That is China Pakistan Economic Corridor. And corridor begins with road/rail linkages. Of course there are layer on layers on top that consolidate together to form a fully mature economic zone - industry, haulage companies, banking, agriculture, insurance etc etc.

But the basic platform is provided by the road/rail networks and as @Canuck786 has done a good job of showing those planned networks around which will grow like forests - economic activity in it's multiple forms. And Nawaz's government ignored the Western route much to the consternation of the smaller provinces. Glad that will be addressed now.

For eastern alignment the Sukkur Hyderabad section hasn't even started yet.
Now I know you're trying to act genius and more knowledgeable than other people on this forum. But since you were so kind to provide pictures, it would have done you some good if you actually looked at what was in them.
Sukkur-Hyderabad section is part of Peshawar-Karachi Motorway not CPEC Eastern route.
Eastern route takes a western turn at Sukkur and at present joins with Shikarpur and then M8.

All the pictures you posted above show all the parts of Eastern route as either completed or under-construction. But many parts of the western route like from DI-Khan to Zhob and then to Quetta are in planning phase which means absolutely nothing has been done on them and those two sections combine to form 566 KM. Even if they start building it today it's gonna take around 4-5 years or even more considering the topography in that area.
So the promise of "Western route will be completed before Eastern" doesn't even look close.

Now I know you're trying to act genius and more knowledgeable than other people on this forum. But since you were so kind to provide pictures, it would have done you some good if you actually looked at what was in them.
Sukkur-Hyderabad section is part of Peshawar-Karachi Motorway not CPEC Eastern route.
Eastern route takes a western turn at Sukkur and at present joins with Shikarpur and then M8.

All the pictures you posted above show all the parts of Eastern route as either completed or under-construction. But many parts of the western route like from DI-Khan to Zhob and then to Quetta are in planning phase which means absolutely nothing has been done on them and those two sections combine to form 566 KM. Even if they start building it today it's gonna take around 4-5 years or even more considering the topography in that area.
So the promise of "Western route will be completed before Eastern" doesn't even look close.

Video Proof of what I said.

Yes I know I made a booboo on the Sukkur - Hyderabad thing. You have a good eye! I had meant to say Sukkur to Rato Dero

c
As for as I can see the pdf members have grave knowledge of War toys but they know zilch about the CPEC routes or which roads are already in place for it.

View attachment 505738

View attachment 505739

View attachment 505740

View attachment 505741

Dark Green: Completed Motorways
Light Green: Under Construction Motorways
Red: Completed Highways
Orange: Under Construction Highways
Pink: Highways recently started.

As you can see Western alignment is closer to completion then any other because everything is already in place. For central alignment feasibility report hasn't been done yet. For eastern alignment the Sukkur - Rato Dero {Red: correction made}section hasn't even started yet.
Considering that the PAF pilots are proficient in using highways as runways, the entire Pak is being turned into a giant air base!!!!! That means it's next to impossible for the IAF (even with S-400) to deter the PAF to run low-flying missions, enveloped by the dense EW (jamming+deception) conditions, with SOWs to wreck havoc on their front-line (within 500-700km range) assets!!!!!! And, that's the entire North India - the very Ram Rajya itself!!!!!!! Enough conjectures to call in the Last BDs* since the Last Afgans are dwindling down like flies under spray....

*They might not be able to fight with guns, but always can bad mouth Pak

Many people still think that CPEC is just a trade route through Pakistan for Chinese goods despite that vast majority of the investment is going to the energy sector and little work on upgrading Karakoram Highway, which would be a key component to become a proper route. They seem to resist and deny the idea that the purpose of CPEC and all these projects are to develop Pakistan economy and turn it into a prosperous country.

Back
Top Bottom