What's new

Bahawalpur State in picture

1641924658582.png

Gen. HH. Al-Haj Nawab Amir Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan Abbasi V of Bahawalpur with probably HH Wali-Ahad Nawabzada Muhammad Abbas Khan Abbasi of Bahawalpur and others.

Nawab of Bahawalpur Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan V Abbasi in Arabi dress.

1642023311702.png
\

1642023376754.png

General Nawab Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan V Abbasi

Nawab humiliated rolls Royce by buying their cars and using them to clean streets of bahawalpur after discrimination by a rolls Royce salesman in the UK. Salesman thought nawab was a peasant. Nawab got pissed and bought a fleet of rolls Royce.

ChxQ3WxW0AATzPH.jpg

Nawab of Bahawalpur Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan Abbasi V with Mir George Ali Murad Khan II Talpur of Khairpur and President Muhammad Ayub Khan in 1960's...

1646835725726.png

Nawab Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan V Abbasi and Begum of Bahawalpur with their daughters, Sahibzadi Ghulam Saddiquah Begum and Sahibzadi Rafiqa Begum on their way to Buckingham Palace to attend the Royal Garden Party, c. 1955.

1651927336190.png

Nawab Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan V Abbasi (Nawab of Bahawalpur State)

33343969_1732600016820444_710647114157260800_n.jpg

20881820_1460959683984480_5736103278765313248_n.jpg

Khan & Nawab
Imran Khan with Nawab Falahudin Abbasi at Sadiq-Garh Palace, Dera Nawab Sahhab in 1990

1012301_487799091300549_189340240_n.jpg

Sadiq Garh Palace, Bahawalpur 1914

1186028_518227061591085_406145434_n.jpg

Guard of Honor President Ayub Khan at Sadiq Garh Palace, Bahawalpur 1960s

546942_526470117433446_51223266_n.jpg
Now it is famous for prostitutes.
And most of the families are grooming their sisters and daughters and marry them to rich men as 2nd, 2rd or 4th wives.
So they provide them luxury life style.

He was honored for his high stature.
Not because he sold his state and soul to the empire of Brits.

My ancestors were Rajputs ruling the city of Sialkot from the Sialkot fort until Mughals took over.
The ones after them went along fine with brits and ofcourse that was their choice and I'm not them.

The way is to stand and die like men. Everything else is self humiliation and filthy.

And no, not "everyone" was loyal to the brits at any or every stage.
Take the examples I gave you before and tell me which one among them was loyal to brits at some point?
Were they not human? Or came down from the Sky directly?
It's a choice of living like a man or cowardly like women. And those people chose to be men, even Rani Laxmi was more manly than most men you refer to.
And yes, its stupidity for those who lack what it takes ;)

Not every one has to agree with my point of view, but if I was there back then, I would have been out there fighting and would have lived and died like a man.
I respect your opinion but the princely estates were there even in era of Mughals with suzerainty relations and when British came they killed and destroyed. So sanity prevailed in few especially in Muslim elites, The Nawab and his family not only helped the mission of Muslims but even took many welfare steps for Muslims of subcontinent under strict watch of British. It is up to you to call him any thing but the natives of Bhawalpur still rephrase stories of Nawab family good deeds for them. It is a bitter fact that few survivors left of that era say that they were more happy in the past rather in present.

Today is the death anniversary of well-wisher of Pakistan Nawab Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan Khamis Abbasi.

1653350085887.png

Mohsin Pakistan Nawab Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan Khamis Abbasi was born on 30 September 1904 in Daulat-e-Khana Alia Bahawalpur. He was the only son of his father Nawab Haji Muhammad Bahawal Khan Khamis abbasi.

He travelled for Hajj with his father at the age of 92, from which he returned. Nawab Bahawal Khan died during his journey. Sir Sadiq was declared the ruler of the state on May 15, 1907, but for the management of the state and the education and training of Nawab Sahib, the British government led by ICS officer Sir Rahim Bakhsh.

Established the Regency. Nawab Sahib received his early Arabic, Persian and religious education from his Ataliq Allama Maulvi Ghulam Hussain Qureshi (who was the Home Minister of the State after which he served as the Home Minister of State). To brighten the personality of the prince who took the throne at the age of 92, his religious, educational, military And the highest level of administrative training was trained in every respect. This is why Emperor George V of Britain appeared before Emperor George V while commanding his army at the age of seven at the Delhi Darbar in 1911

Sent to London in 1913 for education and training in public affairs. Studied at Ichi Son College Lahore from 1915 to 1921. In 1921 he was appointed as Eddie Kong of His Royal Highness Prince of Wales. On March 1924, Lord Reading Viceroy of Hind came to Bahawalpur. In a ceremony held at Noor Mahal, performed the coronation ceremony of Nawab Sir Sadiq and delegated full powers.

At the time of the division of subcontinent, Nawab Sir Sadiq was made numerous offers by the Indian National Congress and Jawhar Lal Nehru to annex his state with India, but Nawab Sahib said this historical sentence on that occasion, "My front door in Pakistan and the back door in Pakistan. "The door opens in India and every gentleman prefers the arrival from his front door".

Thus, at the time of establishment of Pakistan, Nawab Sir Sadiq was the first to annex his state of Bahawalpur to Pakistan. State Prime Minister Nawab Mushtaq Ahmed Gormani, three days after the establishment of Pakistan, at Eidgah on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr Announced the affiliation.

On this occasion, Sir Sadiq merged his army into the Pakistan Army. Quaid-e-Azam went to the ceremony in Nawab Sahib's personal rolls rice car to take oath as a Governor. The state army first invited Quaid-e Azam three days after the establishment of Pakistan. Before 11 August 1947, the army of Bahawalpur presented the Guard of Honor. When the treasury was empty to the Government of Pakistan, Nawab Sahib initially gave Pakistan government employees 7 crore rupees and then 2 crore rupees, then 22 thousand tons of wheat. And gave Rs. 1 lakh for refugees.

A new ministry of rehabilitation of refugees was established in Bahawalpur for refugee settlement in Bahawal pur, through which refugees were settled in a respectable manner in the state of Bahawalpur. And Makhdoom ululik Ghulam Miran Shah (Former Governor Punjab Makhdoom Ahmad Mehmood K Dada) was made the Minister of Refugees. Shams Mahal located in Karachi (Malir) owned by Nawab of Bahawalpur was made the private residence of Quaid-e-Azam.

Nawab of Bahawalpur signed the document of annexation with Pakistan on 3rd October 1947, Quaid-e-Azam signed the agreement on 10th October 1947. This way the state got the honour of being among all those who joined Pakistan. It was the first state. On the advice of Prime Minister of Pakistan Liaquat Ali Khan, Nawab Sahib handed over the powers of the public representatives by conducting State Assembly elections in 1951 and Makhdoom Hassan Mahmood was elected Chief Minister of the state. On this occasion, Liaquat ali Khan came to Bahawalpur.

Howl Formally declared provincial status of Pur. On 30 April 1951, another treaty was signed between the Government of Pakistan and Nawab Sir Sadiq, under which the state was given provincial status under the Government of India Act 1935. In 1955. When all the provinces and states were given provincial status.

One unit (West Pakistan Province) was formed together, so Nawab Sahib also merged his state into West Pakistan province. At the time of the merger agreement, Nawab of Bahawalpur told Prime Minister Muhammad Ali Bogra that if you assure me that you are my 3 lakh people. I am ready to leave my state's ten-year-old power if better custodians are proved. Prime Minister Muhammad Ali Bogra said that His Highness will not only prove to be a better custodian, but Bahawalpur will always be treated with priority. Nawab Sahib complained about this. Yerrr Read and sign the agreement.

Nawab Sir Sadiq died on 24 May 1966 at his residence in Surrey County in London and his body was brought to Pakistan. State orator Hazrat Qazi Azimuddin Alvi offered the funeral prayer and Nawab Sahib's dead body was saluted with 21 cannons and Pakistan Army. The cannon was buried in the Royal Cemetery of Derawar Fort with all military and official honors. National mourning was declared throughout the country and the national flag remained in tunnels.

1656677145438.png

Brig. H.H. Nawab Muhammad Abbas Khan Abbasi of Bahawalpur with Maj.-Gen. H.H. Maharaja Shri Sir Jagatjit Singh of Kapurthala at the Bahwalpur Royal Museum.

Photo Courtesy : Yasmien Abbasi.

Back
Top Bottom