The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd1d3aa56-17f8-11e8-a427-78e8af199a96.jpg

BAE SYSTEMS

Saudi Arabia is expected to order 48 Typhoons from BAE Systems

BAE Systems has raised hopes of fresh orders for Typhoon fighter jets from Saudi Arabia.

Charles Woodburn, chief executive of Britain’s biggest defence company, said that the prospects of new orders were “as good as I have seen in the last two years and possibly as good as they have been in quite some time”.

“Landing one, two or three of those orders out there certainly puts us back into growth in Typhoon over the next decade,” he added.

BAE Systems, which is based in Farnborough, has 83,100 employees in more than 40 countries. The company’s order backlog ended 2017 at £41.2 billion.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bae-poised-to-land-saudi-typhoon-deal-rpsdz8jhg

bf2b4afc-632c-11e7-8814-0ac7eb84e5f1

article-2562925-1B8BF0A500000578-70_634x438.jpg

The next deal of the Typhoon fighters, will also include a local assembly with the manufacture of some parts and components locally as was the case with the Hawk training aircraft, which leads us to the possibility of assembling the EJ200 engine locally..

Saudi Arabia has also contributed to the financing of the Captor AESA radar program as well as being a partner in its development through King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) Center for Sensors and Defense Systems since 2011. KACST is the national and main research center in the Kingdom..

King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology has signed two contracts with SELEX Galileo. The two contracts were announced at the Le Bourget Air Show, held in Paris from June 20 to 26.
The contracts include Silex Galileo delivering the PicoSAR radar and the latest technology, ESCAN, to conduct a series of joint research and development for testing and demonstration, and to implement a series of exercises with sections of industrial contribution based on Galileo's world-renowned expertise in radar.

Hence it is not ruled out that Captor AESA radar includes local co-production, and perhaps even participation in profits as Saudi Arabia is a shareholder in financing and development of the Radar..

weboman-typhoon-hawk-rollout.jpg

PAF should consider buying these birds to counter the great threat posed from its eastern flank. I've seen these jets at RIAT Fairford every year since 2004 and believe me they are as good as any latest modern fighters.

PAF should consider buying these birds to counter the great threat posed from its eastern flank. I've seen these jets at RIAT Fairford every year since 2004 and believe me they are as good as any latest modern fighters.
They are..indeed.. 36 of them will be enough for a deterrence..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom