What's new

Back to the past: Scientists 'reverse time' using quantum mechanics

Nope, but we can move some place outside earth and return back at a later time. While time may have moved years on earth, but it could only be months for the person. :)
That's moving into future, not past.. and once you move to future, you might not be able to go back..

That's moving into future, not past.. and once you move to future, you might not be able to go back..

I think that Chhatrapati means that moving into some another dimension. Which will cause change in the “passing of time”.
It may increase or decrease, for eg going into a dimension where:
1 earth day = 1 year or 10 years
So the person will feel like spending 1 day at another dimension but in reality when he will return to the earth, he’ll realise that he had spent years on another dimension.

I think that Chhatrapati means that moving into some another dimension. Which will cause change in the “passing of time”.
It may increase or decrease, for eg going into a dimension where:
1 earth day = 1 year or 10 years
So the person will feel like spending 1 day at another dimension but in reality when he will return to the earth, he’ll realise that he had spent years on another dimension.
I am not questioning this.. It is possible to go to a place where time passes slower, and then come back to find ourselves in 2500...

This could be achieved while travelling at the speed of light..

Earth's one year might be equal to one hour during that travel.. and when such body will come back to earth, many more years might have passed already..

It is also possible that we go near a black hole, where time passes quickly, and we pass 50 years, but on earth only one year has passed.. when we come back, we are probably 70-80 years old, only to find our friends just one year added in their age.. but still, time has passed on Earth.. not as much as near a black hole, but still passed..

What I am saying is that there is no way to reverse the time.. at least not with the current theories.. and that's the reason why we haven't found anyone from future till now..

I am not questioning this.. It is possible to go to a place where time passes slower, and then come back to find ourselves in 2500...

Earth's one year might be equal to one hour during that travel.. and when such body will come back to earth, many more years might have passed already..

It is also possible that we go near a black hole, where time passes quickly, and we pass 50 years, but on earth only one year has passed.. when we come back, we are probably 70-80 years old, only to find our friends just one year added in their age.. but still, time has passed on Earth.. not as much as near a black hole, but still passed..

What I am saying is that there is no way to reverse the time.. at least not with the current theories.. and that's the reason why we haven't found anyone from future till now..

Agreed ✅

It's not that clear at the moment. Read Brief Answer to Big Questions by Stephen Hawking and you will know why. It is theoretically possible to curve space time backwards, i.e. in the opposite manner to what positive energy or mass does. You need negative energy to curve space time backwards. There are also theories of worm holes which could theoretically exist to allow this to happen.

The paradox that if it were possible, someone would have already come from the future is a strong one but still has a couple of counter arguments. Again, read the book.

It's not that clear at the moment. Read Brief Answer to Big Questions by Stephen Hawking and you will know why. It is theoretically possible to curve space time backwards, i.e. in the opposite manner to what positive energy or mass does. You need negative energy to curve space time backwards. There are also theories of worm holes which could theoretically exist to allow this to happen.

The paradox that if it were possible, someone would have already come from the future is a strong one but still has a couple of counter arguments. Again, read the book.
It's just that there is no evidence of negative energy..

It does exist in quantum physics, not classical laws of physics. Casimir effect and Hawking's Radiation do infer negative energy being present.

Not an expert on this matter though.

Nope, but we can move some place outside earth and return back at a later time. While time may have moved years on earth, but it could only be months for the person. :)

Thats an effect of time dilation not time travel, just like freezing yourself isnt time travel either

can they go back in time and kill modi the day he is born? subcontinent will be a better place.

aging of matter cannot be stopped so time cannot be reversed old man cannot become young again it is natural phenomena which cannot be reversed
Jelly fish can live forever

Jelly fish can live forever
Every thing will end one day including jellyfish.Time cannot be reversed but we can improve utilization of time in effective manner like in past travelling long distances need months and weeks now we can travel in few hours for same distance similarly technology like computer has helped humans to complete work in short time unlike past when similar jobs were done in more time

can they go back in time and kill modi the day he is born? subcontinent will be a better place.
:partay:

Every thing will end one day including jellyfish.Time cannot be reversed but we can improve utilization of time in effective manner like in past travelling long distances need months and weeks now we can travel in few hours for same distance similarly technology like computer has helped humans to complete work in short time unlike past when similar jobs were done in more time
Agree✅

Thats an effect of time dilation not time travel, just like freezing yourself isnt time travel either
It's in effect going to the future, but you can't simply travel back. I agree, time travelling backwards is not possible as of now. But I can't say for sure it's completely impossible.

Yes we can't, there is no theory yet for that.

Back
Top Bottom