What's new

Babar Ghauri, Haider Abbas Rizvi , Faisal Sabzwari & other Several MQM leaders put on ECL after Sau

If This step brings peace in Karachi so be it .. After all so many MQM workers are killed they have sacrificed enough I guess this time it's leaderships turn to prove there resolve ! Only history shall tell if this move was wrong or right !!

Hammad Siddiqi and others who are hiding in Dubai will be brought back

Waiting for the statment..ye MQM k khilaf sazish hai.
We should look at whether this is possible or not. In Karachi it might at least be thinkable. But I mean can people in Waziristan where people are under the shadow of militants can deny militants when they come for bhatta. Militants are often taking bhatta from people in FATA. I have heard of such people. I think the government should try and stop that as well.

I agree for FATA where the terrorists follow up with murdering the family male members and abducting their women.
people of FATA have been foresaken by the state of Pakistan. the things these TTP scumbags did to people of Sawat and FATA will make any one with a bit of concious shiver with horror.

by the way, Karachi is no different in some aspects, Rangers have been no better than police if you look at how long they have been deployed in karachi and look at the crime and terrorism.
their demand to people seems unrealistic too. criminal today is seen stronger than the state,

We should look at whether this is possible or not. In Karachi it might at least be thinkable. But I mean can people in Waziristan where people are under the shadow of militants can deny militants when they come for bhatta. Militants are often taking bhatta from people in FATA. I have heard of such people. I think the government should try and stop that as well.

The Taliban's extortion was different from MQM. As Taliban unlike MQM are outlawed , hunted down terrorists in hiding, so they didnt walk around in Bazaars handing over Parchis of bhata to shopkeepers. Mostly they used to kidnap some wealthy individuals for ransom. Not in their own tribal areas, but in adjacent settled areas of KPK. Waziristan's Taliban or elsewhere were not taking any bhata from their own tribesmen on whom they relied for support but about Mangal Bagh you will hear that he is like MQM to his own Afridi tribesmen, a pure badmash. Nowadays activities of Taliban are almost ceased and despite of all the hype about Taliban, their cases of extortion and kidnappings for ransom were occasional and were nothing compared to what MQM is doing to people of Karachi. You were not helpless against Taliban who are hunted down by security forces since their inception in Pakistan, but in Karachi you have no choice but bow your will to MQM as they are sitting in Parliament , provincial government and were controlling media and every department of the city. They were getting away with murders and opposing them with no back up from state and law meant suicide........Now that people will see that these criminals can be arrested and punished, it will revive their courage and confidence in speaking against them and coming forward.

I agree for FATA where the terrorists follow up with murdering the family male members and abducting their women.
people of FATA have been foresaken by the state of Pakistan. the things these TTP scumbags did to people of Sawat and FATA will make any one with a bit of concious shiver with horror.

by the way, Karachi is no different in some aspects, Rangers have been no better than police if you look at how long they have been deployed in karachi and look at the crime and terrorism.
their demand to people seems unrealistic too. criminal today is seen stronger than the state,
The anti drone campaigner Karim Khan Mehsud had the audacity to deny militants Bhatta. Let us note that most elders that resisted the militants are mostly dead including Imran Khan's Burki uncle. Its a sad state of affairs and though people in Karachi have hope against militancy due to some solid performance by CID and a hostile local population the FATA-ians are in deep trouble. Even the lashkars that are raised are left to fend for themselves though lashkars are more common in bajaur, kurram and parachinar. And Swat.

I think we need to concentrate on a number of things to eliminate terrorism:
1) Terror funding: This includes bhatta khori (extortion), business projects (there was this report that taliban had taken over mines in Swat and were using them to make money), raiding banks in Karachi... etc etc
2) Injustices. My book talks about this in detail. When a person is killed by government funded henchmen or his property/ families life taken and the Taliban offer him support then the said person will quickly become a supporter of militancy.
3) Unemployment in FATA: At 60% yes 60% of FATA-ian youth are unemployed. In my book I state this too. When the Taliban are paying their fighters:

A Pakistani constable makes about $80 a month, compared with about $170 for a Taliban foot soldier, Khan said.

Even in death, militants do better than the Pakistani police. Militant groups pay more than $20,000 to the families of suicide bombers, compared with $6,000 given to a policeman's survivor, Khan said.

you can see how unemplyment plays into the hands of militants.

4) Illiteracy: with a literacy rate of only 22% (with much less than that for Waziristan) people have not been witness to the anti militant narrative nor have they had any formal education.

In my research paper on terrorism I may have more points... and this is off topic. Lets get back to MQM.

The Taliban's extortion was different from MQM. As Taliban unlike MQM are outlawed , hunted down terrorists in hiding, so they didnt walk around in Bazaars handing over Parchis of bhata to shopkeepers. Mostly they used to kidnap some wealthy individuals for ransom. Not in their own tribal areas, but in adjacent settled areas of KPK. Waziristan's Taliban or elsewhere were not taking any bhata from their own tribesmen on whom they relied for support but about Mangal Bagh you will hear that he is like MQM to his own Afridi tribesmen, a pure badmash. Nowadays activities of Taliban are almost ceased and despite of all the hype about Taliban, their cases of extortion and kidnappings for ransom were occasional and were nothing compared to what MQM is doing to people of Karachi. You were not helpless against Taliban who are hunted down by security forces since their inception in Pakistan, but in Karachi you have no choice but bow your will to MQM as they are sitting in Parliament , provincial government and were controlling media and every department of the city. They were getting away with murders and opposing them with no back up from state and law meant suicide........Now that people will see that these criminals can be arrested and punished, it will revive their courage and confidence in speaking against them and coming forward.
I partly agree with you here. But I believe the state has failed to curb militancy of the Taliban. In an old report on the operation rah e nijat it was said of the 6 tehsils (In waziristan south) where the operation was conducted on sararogha was cleared. Ladha and Makeen were not even though some of the worst terrorists were from here. Hakimullah was of Ladha too I think. They continue to take bhatta in Waziristan too. At least thats what my source tells me. An Orakzai woman had the same story.

If I were to rate which was the biggest threat I would find it hard to choose between the Taliban or the MQM. You are right about kidnap for ransom cases. Doctors in Peshawar have often been kidnapped in order to secure healthcare for wounded militants. However FATA's being off limits means that we don't hear much about FATA. So often we don't know about the cases of extortion. Personally every FATIAN I have talked to has told me about cases of extortion, mostly from richer households though. @Hyperion what do you think? How does the Taliban fund its insurgency?

you know the irony , that none of the leaders , who's name was mentioned above have any criminal charges on him ... just allegations ... best of luck to the N league Govt ...
any sensible person will easily figure it out that where things are heading :D

Acha hua tu Allah ne Kara , aur bura hua tu Establishment aur Fauj ne Kara ... hahahah ... just wait and see :D

Situation is really taking a u-turn very fast in Karachi but it is MQM own sins which are coming in their way now.

The anti drone campaigner Karim Khan Mehsud had the audacity to deny militants Bhatta. Let us note that most elders that resisted the militants are mostly dead including Imran Khan's Burki uncle. Its a sad state of affairs and though people in Karachi have hope against militancy due to some solid performance by CID and a hostile local population the FATA-ians are in deep trouble. Even the lashkars that are raised are left to fend for themselves though lashkars are more common in bajaur, kurram and parachinar. And Swat.

1) Terror funding: This includes bhatta khori (extortion), business projects (there was this report that taliban had taken over mines in Swat and were using them to make money), raiding banks in Karachi... etc etc
2) Injustices. My book talks about this in detail. When a person is killed by government funded henchmen or his property/ families life taken and the Taliban offer him support then the said person will quickly become a supporter of militancy.
3) Unemployment in FATA: At 60% yes 60% of FATA-ian youth are unemployed. In my book I state this too. When the Taliban are paying their fighters:

4) Illiteracy: with a literacy rate of only 22% (with much less than that for Waziristan) people have not been witness to the anti militant narrative nor have they had any formal education.

In my research paper on terrorism I may have more points... and this is off topic. Lets get back to MQM.

I partly agree with you here. But I believe the state has failed to curb militancy of the Taliban. In an old report on the operation rah e nijat it was said of the 6 tehsils (In waziristan south) where the operation was conducted on sararogha was cleared. Ladha and Makeen were not even though some of the worst terrorists were from here. Hakimullah was of Ladha too I think. They continue to take bhatta in Waziristan too. At least thats what my source tells me. An Orakzai woman had the same story.

If I were to rate which was the biggest threat I would find it hard to choose between the Taliban or the MQM. You are right about kidnap for ransom cases. Doctors in Peshawar have often been kidnapped in order to secure healthcare for wounded militants. However FATA's being off limits means that we don't hear much about FATA. So often we don't know about the cases of extortion. Personally every FATIAN I have talked to has told me about cases of extortion, mostly from richer households though. @Hyperion what do you think? How does the Taliban fund its insurgency?
Taliban will never sit in Parliament of Pakistan, they are banned organization, they fear drones and air strikes and are always on run.........now compare MQM with them, one way or another they are always in government, openly roam and operate and every one is helpless against them in Karachi and hyderabad, the terror of MQM is of different nature. Taliban is a straight forward enemy, always takes responsibility for their attacks no matter how much foul it is for world, they dont care. They blow up people and make videos of executions. MQM is not a banned militia, they are political workers and participate in democratic process, people vote for them, they will obviously never openly admit that they have militant wing and hired criminals in their party.

Whatever happened in 2009 operation of SW, is useless to talk about now that leadership of army has changed who has different way of dealing with Taliban, as you can see Zarb e azab has inflicted severe blow to the military capabilities of TTP and most of their power has evaporated, their attacks confined mostly to soft targets like school and church. The people of aman lashkars were getting killed because army used to leave the operation in mid way or make peace treaty with taliban after sustaining some significant casualties. As you know what happens in tribal culture, when you announce your enmity by taking weapons against some one. Understandably Taliban , after peace deal with army, eliminated each and every one who had participated in government sponsored lashkars.......they got killed because army was not there to back them up. Now a propaganda machine like @Irfan Baloch would tell you various stories, kidnapping women and what not, but any one from tribal areas and surroundings know Taliban and their nature of activities in the belt.

At the moment forget about Waziristan, its khyber agency which is tricky to be cleared from miscreants.

MQM will never be a normal political party so long as that fat toad controls the party from London. His very sight is a huge embarrassment to the Urdu speaking community of Pakistan. So it is high time some clean up is done--strike while the iron is hot and it is hot since the Army Public School massacre.

Unlike the Zardari govt in Islamabad, this PMLN govt is not politically insecure--it has already weathered the PTI 'Dharna' last year--and PMLN govt is also not beholden to MQM in Sindh like PPP was.

The security forces should go after not just elements in FATA, MQM but against everyone, including the banned sectarian organizations in Punjab.
Zero tolerance should be the policy. What needs to be seen is that no one is spared and no one is singled out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom