What's new

Azad Kashmir

Chitta Khatta Lake, Azad Kashmir

4233907274_2125c3ef03_z.jpg

4067242701_8f4b20c555_z.jpg

2110349073_afc8cdc137_z.jpg

2110475257_91eabfbec9.jpg

Man i hope to visit this place soon.

Azad Kashmir needs more hotels and more tourist advertisement so Pakistanis know that they have more a beautiful place than Switzerland inside their own country.

Azad Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan, and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have amazing places that not many people know about.

can you translate whats written below the stone structure ?

Well it isn't the exact translation but it means something like this.

"At a distance of 136 km from Muzaffarabad there is the most beautiful, historic and important tourist point of Azad Kashmir known as Sharda. At a height of 1981 meters the Neelum river flows near it increasing it's beauty. It takes about six hours to reach Sharda from Muzaffarabd. There are three important and beautiful peaks around Sharda. Sharda is also a historic place and there was also used to be Buddhist university here. People from far away used to come to this place for education. There are also signs of Dogra and Buddhist era at this place. It is an important place for researchers interested in history. Along with Shadra there are other important tourist spots near to Sharda like Kel valley etc. There are rest houses and hostels for tourists here. To go to Sharda you would have to do booking from tourism dept of AJK govt in Muzaffarabad".

"At a distance of 136 km from Muzaffarabad there is the most beautiful, historic and important tourist point of Azad Kashmir known as Sharda. At a height of 1981 meters the Neelum river flows near it increasing it's beauty. It takes about six hours to reach Sharda from Muzaffarabd. There are three important and beautiful peaks around Sharda. Sharda is also a historic place and there was also used to be Buddhist university here. People from far away used to come to this place for education. There are also signs of Dogra and Buddhist era at this place. It is an important place for researchers interested in history. Along with Shadra there are other important tourist spots near to Sharda like Kel valley etc. There are rest houses and hostels for tourists here. To go to Sharda you would have to do booking from tourism dept of AJK govt in Muzaffarabad".

2000 year old Sharda Fort in Sharda, Azad Kashmir :pakistan:

2000%20years%20old%20Sharda%20Fort_Neelum%20Valley_Azad%20kashmir%20(1).jpg

Bhai mujhe udher keh Kashmir ka visa dei deeei apne baaap daadaoon keeey kabreeein hee deeekh lunnn ga ! Phir tou beshak AJK mein permanently shift ho jain !

No hindi and urdu please:/

Tamil or english welcomed:)

thank you for posting the translation. i am very happy to see the pictures because its the ancestral hometown of my fathers family. my great grandfather migrated from there to Srinagar in 1930. nice to the pictures again...

it is also the place where Shankaracharya the First was recognised as Jagadguru. There is also a buddhist monastery there. It is the birthplace of the Sharda script, and the Gurumukhi script...

2000 year old Sharda Fort in Sharda, Azad Kashmir :pakistan:

2000%20years%20old%20Sharda%20Fort_Neelum%20Valley_Azad%20kashmir%20(1).jpg

the Fort contains a very grand temple to the Goddess of Learning , Saraswati. I had a painting of the place in my house..

Temple to Sharda/Saraswati.

44641178.vd7951.jpg

Built in a simple, pahadi style, using sheer blocks of stone. At least 1200 years old, as it was there when the Shankaracharya came knocking. Probably much older. Last repaired by Maharaja Gulab Singh.

44641179.vd7972.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom