What's new

Azad Kashmir

@Armstrong yara can one buy a valley like this .... any idea abou the prices per acre ???

Non-Kashmiris can't buy land there. That said, most of the valleys are already owned. For example, the Kaghan, Naran corridor, from Balakot to beyond Naran is owned by a single family/person and you don't even get to buy a kanal or two for a hotel, you have to lease it. But this is Naran, other less visited valleys' owners might be persuaded otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-Kashmiris can't buy land there. That said, most of the valleys are already owned. For example, the Kaghan, Naran corridor, from Balakot to beyond Naran is owned by a single family/person and you don't even get to buy a kanal or two for a hotel, you have to lease it. But this is Naran, other less visited valleys' owners might be persuaded otherwise.
but i can get a kashmiri nationality, can't i ???

In Pakistani kashmir also Non kashmiri can't buy any land?
What about GB?

In Pakistani kashmir also Non kashmiri can't buy any land?
What about GB?

Nope. Pakistanis can't buy any land in Gilgit Baltistan or Azad Kashmir. But Kashmiris, Baltis and Gilgitis can buy land and even contest elections anywhere in Pakistan. This is because Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir are recognized as disputed territories by both the states involved and the international community. It is to safeguard the disputed territory and its people until a final decision is reached. This is also the reason behind Gilgit Baltistan being a federally administrated territory and Azad Kashmir being a sub-state. Its the same on the other side of the LOC as well.

but i can get a kashmiri nationality, can't i ???

I believe you can, but best ask @Umair Nawaz for more credible info.

I once told them if IOK gets freedom from India, what would you choose- whether merge with us or remain with Pakistan? They replied we are better with Pakistan!!

True... I think you people should make GB as fifth province and AJK as Sixth province of Pakistan because this is what they want-- A Pakistani Identity.

Dude, you're saying that as if thats a bad thing - Pakistan was built for us & our Leader will always be Muhammad Ali Jinnah !

So of course we'd want to remain with Pakistan - Its our Motherland ! :pakistan:

But you'd find a couple of Pro-Independence Kashmiris in AJK too ! :pissed:

@Armstrong yara can one buy a valley like this .... any idea abou the prices per acre ???

I'm not a Real Estate Dealer ! :ashamed:

And not anyone can buy land in AJK ! :P

3839347391_63e07e769e_z.jpg

26087906.jpg

Zulzal lake :smitten:

Salam!

I went to Kashmir last time I visited Pakistan.

Absolutely beautiful. The scenery is out of this world.

You know when you see a picture of a lake on a green mountain top where the water is like a mirror? You think it doesn't exist, but then you go to kashmir...

Nope. Pakistanis can't buy any land in Gilgit Baltistan or Azad Kashmir. But Kashmiris, Baltis and Gilgitis can buy land and even contest elections anywhere in Pakistan. This is because Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir are recognized as disputed territories by both the states involved and the international community. It is to safeguard the disputed territory and its people until a final decision is reached. This is also the reason behind Gilgit Baltistan being a federally administrated territory and Azad Kashmir being a sub-state. Its the same on the other side of the LOC as well.

As by rules u need ID card issued by Gov of AJK for any leverages there and for that u should be a Kashmiri.

As by rules u need ID card issued by Gov of AJK for any leverages there and for that u should be a Kashmiri.

Back
Top Bottom